Siege of Terra - Saturnine by Dan Abnett

Shovellovin

I get why things are limited edition, but don’t understand why GW make some of their limited edition books so limited it makes their customers stressed/annoyed.

You’d think they’d up the numbers a bit (or have they already?) or let people ‘subscribe’ to the series so they can gauarantee to get copies and GW has a better idea of how big the print run could be.

Yes absolutely, I would have happily stumped up £400 on the outset and just ate beans on toast for a month

multiple post, so I’ll answer the above question about quantities here instead.

At the Weekender they stated that increasing the number available doesn’t increase sales, that those buying the LEs are collectors and since the collection has already started and there is only a finite customer base.

Which is a bit daft, but what can you do? (I’d happily subscribe, even pay more upfront, but I know that I’m possibly an outlier...)

Edited by aa.logan

I get why things are limited edition, but don’t understand why GW make some of their limited edition books so limited it makes their customers stressed/annoyed.

You’d think they’d up the numbers a bit (or have they already?) or let people ‘subscribe’ to the series so they can gauarantee to get copies and GW has a better idea of how big the print run could be.

Subscriptions to limited series’s is absolutely the way to go.

Subscriptions to limited series’s is absolutely the way to go.

The way it goes now is people on eBay selling several copies of Saturnine for 150 quids before it was released...

The stressed ones are the people who are trying to get the full series!

But whats the point of a less limited limited edition? Might as well buy the hardback which goes out of stock.

Toilet roll be damned, I'm punching others in the queue for this.

Edit: Gotcha, you beaut!

Was just at the super market where I snatched the very last roll and came home, rushed upstairs to buy Saturnine alongside two other books and it accepted my order.

Oddly it only allowed me to check out through paypal, that's weird and a first. It sold out a minute later, it really is bat:cuss insanity.

I realy dont get why they dont just up the print run, it really doesn't need to stay at 2500 guys.

They could sell 10,000 in a day.

Man, I got it. But I’d maybe not kill for a subscription to a limited series I would have to think about it. I missed out on the first wall due to not being on the ball at the time.

Now I need to pay nearly, if not more than £200 for the first wall and Vulkan for the Primarch series.

The kicker is, I’m not willing to buy the non limited edition of First Wall to read the story (as I ain’t paying the £100 for limited edition plus the extra for the hardback) so when Saturnine arrives it’s just going to have to site there until I ca get first wall... god knows when that will be!?

Edit: yes I’m whinging, but I will be very pleased with the book when it arrives!

Edited by G_R_H

Feeling for those who missed out. Why did GW choose to allow multiple purchases again? They proved they could limit one per customer like they did with Book 2.

Did they allow multiple purchases? That would be a big change as all limited items have been limited to one purchase for quite a while.

Feeling for those who missed out. Why did GW choose to allow multiple purchases again? They proved they could limit one per customer like they did with Book 2.

Did they allow multiple purchases? That would be a big change as all limited items have been limited to one purchase for quite a while.

You could with the third book, Last Wall. Didn't check for this one but judging by how many are out for resale for stupid prices, I would say yes.

weird, there was some hiccup on the Canadian site. Normally this goes up at 10am but as Im hitting refresh and jumping around the site I see the section "We think you'd like..." had it sitting there..completely clickable and as I quickly learned payable..soo uh yay got mine

weird, there was some hiccup on the Canadian site. Normally this goes up at 10am but as Im hitting refresh and jumping around the site I see the section "We think you'd like..." had it sitting there..completely clickable and as I quickly learned payable..soo uh yay got mine

It went up about 5 minutes before the start of the hour. That’s been consistent for all the Siege releases so far. Not sure if it’s intentional or a quirk in an automated process.

I am drooling at the thought of getting to read Abnett Horus, he is one of the few writers that give the character any dignity and likability.

He also wrote by far the least punchable Abaddon, so there might be hope that this book makes me actually tolerate the character for two minutes. The other being ABD but tbh that case is more due to blessedly little screen time and having Khayon just tell us he is likable. The rest of the time the character is at best a whiny hypocrite with phallic headwear and at worst the living incarnation of everything BL has done wrong with the XVIth. 

Also, on that Magnus image: 'Oh no, he's hot!'

Edited by StrangerOrders