Siege of Terra - Saturnine by Dan Abnett

Shovellovin

Haha, Horus actually looks like a guy I know, different fashion sense and not just as man mountain but very close. Magnus not so much.... Magnus looks like his hats annoying him and he can’t see out past the brim with his ‘ol one eye. I know he is Magnus the red but I’m not so found of how the red is portrayed in art

Haha, Horus actually looks like a guy I know, different fashion sense and not just as man mountain but very close. Magnus not so much.... Magnus looks like his hats annoying him and he can’t see out past the brim with his ‘ol one eye. I know he is Magnus the red but I’m not so found of how the red is portrayed in art

Tbf, as Shrodinger's Nudist, Magnus might merely want you to think he can't see.

Maybe the picture is from the PoV of someone that walked in and caught him dozing off in his library and he is making the hat cover his eyes so that when he gets up it seems like he merely had to angle his head right to read the scroll and was totally not sleeping.

We all had moments where we fell asleep on our desks tbf.

Luckily pre-ordered mine. It didn’t seem to sell out any faster than the others. I got mine right at that the 5 mins before the hour and it was still available for longer than what I thought.

Clearly psyched for this. It has been awhile since he has written for HH? Wonder of that will be an issue. Solar wars was a home run, book 2 by Haley was okay with Gav’s book 3 being quite strong (and his best in the HH series).

You have to remember, the series is a team effort, written by a “writer’s room”. The Heresy series always has been, but with the Siege it’s become even more intense: we meet regularly, and we share our work in progress, and we brainstorm, and we check each other for errors and oversights.

So I guess that Angron really was at the Thramas Crusade...

If they have actually been checking with each other it must be done in a room full of hallucinogens.

My reactions to the Siege books have been heavily mixed so far, for a number of reasons. Solar War was disappointing, Lost and the Damned was iffy but fine. First Wall was so awful that it became my favorite as a comedy.

Writing is hard, but I have to say that I smell exec notes in this so far.

I am praying that Dan rights this ship and that ADB knocks it out of the park. But I am increasingly drained at this point.

That being said, I am probably going to nab as many collectors editions as I can get due to how sexy those books are (Saturnine is the first time I managed to grab a copy before the crows descended, but I am hoping my luck holds).

I don’t know how I pictured Horus out of Termie plate....but not that.

Totally subjective on my part, and I think the art work itself is ok. But for me personally it just seems jarring in the same way if they showed Dorn with a surfboard.

Great fashion sense, but wwho the hell thought it was a good idea to give them  pub hard man/combat sports promo tilt the head back, puff the chin out poses. Horus looks like he's about to smash a beer bottle into someones face.

Edited by Fedor

Man, I got it. But I’d maybe not kill for a subscription to a limited series I would have to think about it. I missed out on the first wall due to not being on the ball at the time.

Now I need to pay nearly, if not more than £200 for the first wall and Vulkan for the Primarch series.

The kicker is, I’m not willing to buy the non limited edition of First Wall to read the story (as I ain’t paying the £100 for limited edition plus the extra for the hardback) so when Saturnine arrives it’s just going to have to site there until I ca get first wall... god knows when that will be!?

Edit: yes I’m whinging, but I will be very pleased with the book when it arrives!

Lucky you, more than £200 is what I have to pay just for Solar War. 4 to go in Siege of Terra and 5 in Primarchs. Sweating already...

I know its probably way too late now but they should finally decide what is this series about - humans or space marines? You cannot have everything otherwise you will always end up with bajillion characters and storylines which lead absolutely nowhere. Most of them simply cannot handle multiple PoVs, only Abnett did it well in Know no Fear (still the best HH novel so far). Saturnine will be quite chunky apparently with a huge cast which is usually bad news but since its Abnett maybe we will finally get a SoT novel that is actually good. 

Man, I got it. But I’d maybe not kill for a subscription to a limited series I would have to think about it. I missed out on the first wall due to not being on the ball at the time.

Now I need to pay nearly, if not more than £200 for the first wall and Vulkan for the Primarch series.

The kicker is, I’m not willing to buy the non limited edition of First Wall to read the story (as I ain’t paying the £100 for limited edition plus the extra for the hardback) so when Saturnine arrives it’s just going to have to site there until I ca get first wall... god knows when that will be!?

Edit: yes I’m whinging, but I will be very pleased with the book when it arrives!

Lucky you, more than £200 is what I have to pay just for Solar War. 4 to go in Siege of Terra and 5 in Primarchs. Sweating already...

I feel your pain man