New SoS character + Custodes Character in February!

So the WD SoS dex was weak, and yeah, we have to wait until February, but we are getting an SoS character:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/10/black-library-weekender-2019-the-reveals/

Don't know if she'll be HQ, but odds are good. And the Agents Dex might be released with her.

Valerian is a Shield Captain in the book, but Aleya is just a normal Sister. Although without dropping spoilers, it's not too unfeasible to imagine her getting a promotion. Time will tell, February is a fair way away yet.

Sculpts are a bit static. Would of liked something along the lines of the cover of the 2nd book.

Yeah, I noticed she had a title in the video. But I took it with a pinch of salt as they also said Valerian was a newbie to the Custodes, which isn't entirely true.

Hopefully she will be a HQ by herself. I can see them being a single HQ choice together, which would be cool, but I'm not sure how it would work game wise.

Yeah, I noticed she had a title in the video. But I took it with a pinch of salt as they also said Valerian was a newbie to the Custodes, which isn't entirely true.

Hopefully she will be a HQ by herself. I can see them being a single HQ choice together, which would be cool, but I'm not sure how it would work game wise.

That would probably only work with a common Talons keyword. It would make no sense to combine them as an Imperium unit.

Makes me hopeful for more expansive rules next year.

I like Valerian's head, I think they nailed it.  The position is fine if you look at other Custodes models, many of them have their heads low down like that.  He is pushing his shoulders up, naturally your chest also lifts when you do that.  I think the hair and the laurel makes his head look bigger.  Also his face is straight forwards but his body is at an angle so his face looks at its widest and the armour at a smaller angled profile.

Edited by TorvaldTheMild

They're both fine, although cost wise I imagine it'll be £££ and i'd probably prefer to just make them both from the boxes. Neither is special enough really, although I suppose it is just a Shield Captain and line SoS

Edited by gil galed

They're both fine, although cost wise I imagine it'll be £££ and i'd probably prefer to just make them both from the boxes. Neither is special enough really, although I suppose it is just a Shield Captain and line SoS

In the reveal video they refer to Aleya as Knight-Centura, so she has gotten a promotion maybe?

He never lost the blood game, he wasn't the one playing evading, he killed the CSM trespasser during the game, he failed at being able to pass the gate to become one of the custodians.  We have a shield captain with a all options, we don't have 'any' shield captain characters, so yeah we need one with a spear and Valerian is badass.  Custodes don't have any psykers nor will they ever.

Edited by TorvaldTheMild