Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening Craftworld attributes

Raven Guard Psychic Awakening Eldar

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Lord Raven 19

Lord Raven 19

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 338 posts

I was wandering, as GW changed the Raven Guard chapter tactic to not make it OP on vehicles, did Psychic Awakening, or the September faq, change the Alaitoc trait to make it fair?

Lord Raven19

Lord of Deliverence and Scion of Tallarn; Baron of Krastellan; Champion of Mortarion; Lord under Abaddon.

Victorus aut Mortis

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,626 posts

I was wandering, as GW changed the Raven Guard chapter tactic to not make it OP on vehicles, did Psychic Awakening, or the September faq, change the Alaitoc trait to make it fair?

Not yet....
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Lord_Caerolion

Lord_Caerolion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,352 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Sobek

So far they haven't touched the main Craftworlds traits, just added the DIY ones.

"And then Horus landed on the Moon, which looked like the moon. Funny that, isn't it?"

You're hired.

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

Considering how strong the Founding Space Marine Chapters have become they may not change Aliatoc's Craftworld Trait at all.

• Karhedron likes this

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 969 posts

The main issue with Alaitoc's trait is that it doesn't make any sense.

The basic premise of Alaitoc is that they are incredibly strict adherents of the Asuryani lifestyle, and that strictness generates an inordinately large number of rangers. 

GW looked at this and said "Rangers are stealthy, so they're the stealth craftworld, give them the stealth trait."

But... again, this doesn't make any sense. Only the rangers are stealthy. The rest of the craftworld's forces, the great majority of their forces, aren't particularly stealthy at all. Their actual unique trait is how focused and disciplined they are. 

• Lord_Caerolion, Kallas and Lord Raven 19 like this

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,616 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé
You mean actually spend a bit of time thinking about the lore implications of none marine rules? Next you'll be suggesting that they hire gameplaying proof readers...... 😝
  • Karhedron likes this

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Lord_Caerolion

Lord_Caerolion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,352 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Sobek

I'll play devils advocate and say it could be because they'd already followed the fluff rather than the favoured unit for Iyanden, and made their Tactic represent their discipline and bravery, so didn't want to repeat it with Alaitoc.

"And then Horus landed on the Moon, which looked like the moon. Funny that, isn't it?"

You're hired.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Raven Guard, Psychic Awakening, Eldar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users