salamanders VS black templar 1,750

mughi3

On a tau sept world 0_o

So one of the regulars at the FLGS is building up an 8th ed black Templar infantry army.

He is one of those players that only wants to play the newest thing so I had to proxy a throw together list from my 5th edition/horus heresy army lists

He brought chaplain, apothecary, chapter master, primaris dread, some phobos snipers, a bunch of intercessor squads, a full aggressor unit, a full reaver unit, a half squad of inceptors

I threw in a vanguard detachment

.techmarine on bike w/conversion beamer

.jump capt w/storm shield

.10 hellblasters (rapid fire version)

.6 inceptors

.X3 venerable las/missile dreads

.storm hawk interceptor

.storm eagle ROC

5L3EZnf.jpg

Game wise we just went fast and dirty 12" deployment (I asked if he wanted objectives and he said no, then regretted it)

I seized the initiative and via target priority I eliminated the dread and most the sniper laser fulisers

he spent most of his fire trying to down the planes, dropping both a profile. in return I came back and eliminated all his aggressors(they were getting a bit close), an accompanying intercessor squad and the rest of his snipers. a full squad of inceptors even without changing out of the dev doctrine still does the work.

In what turned out to be the last turn, he brought in his inceptors and reavers. taking the hellblasters down to half and assaulting the techmarine with the reavers to no effect. he failed both charges on the remaining hellblasters off by themselves in the left field. at which point he called the game at the end of round 2

My losses were-

4 hellblasters, 10 wounds on the storm eagle and 7 on the storm hawk, and one inceptor

His losses

.10 intercessors

.6 aggressors

.6 phobos snipers

.1 dreadnought

.1 inceptor

.1 reaver

after action-

The table was a bit more open in the middle but I had a city on the left with some serious line of sight blocking terrain. the fact he made me set up first kind of surprised me in the fact that I initially set up heavy in the city where he had the advantage to advance behind cover(he had a full CC outfitted intercessor unit). instead he went dead center of the table. it kept my hell blasters and sheparding jump captain mostly out of the fight, however the rest of my force had the speed and range to make up for it.

The table

IBY7wZp.jpg

UQoZ4Qc.jpg

the deployment

mukd9vN.jpg

27hRsTN.jpg

H5p3NDm.jpg

the battle

GOYZfVA.jpg

2kla7x6.jpg

q6dJz51.jpg

Edited by mughi3