Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DG Blight Launcher from Cadian Grenade Launchers ?

death guard plague marine blight launcher grenade launcher 40k

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

infyrana

infyrana

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,549 posts

I caught an image of a 40k Plague Marine sporting a Tempestus Scions Grenade Launcher as a conversion for a Blight Launcher.  They look great for a hand held quick fire conversion, I was tempted to use some of my spare Frag Launchers from Death Watch but I didn't want to use up the few I have.

My question is, are the Cadian Shock Trooper ones of the same size and therefore equally as usable as the Tempestus Scions version?

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 695 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

Considergin age of cadian sprues, those might be tiny bit smaller then scion launchers but close still.

Edited by Jukkiz, 12 November 2019 - 12:00 PM.

• infyrana and Exilyth like this

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

infyrana

infyrana

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,549 posts

Considergin age of cadian sprues, those might be tiny bit smaller then scion launchers but close still.

Thank you for your reply!  Glad I asked as I didn't know there was even an age difference let alone differences in size.

I've just picked up 5 Cadian versions very cheaply so will wait until they arrive and see how they look.

Chaos Lord Tom

Chaos Lord Tom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 80 posts
  • Faction: SW, DA, Chaos

Have you tried the MkIII heavy bolter with a little bit of tweaking such as a bigger nozzle ?

• infyrana likes this

infyrana

infyrana

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,549 posts
I hadn't taken into how many of those HBs I had spare, but yeah they could be another great substitute thanks. If the cadian launchers are too small I might switch for ease if I can tweak the nozzles lol.

infyrana

infyrana

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,549 posts

Sorry for the double post here... but I have an update at least.  Got the Cadian Grenade Launchers through, popped together the ETB Death Guard models and took a picture for anyone who's interested.  Personally I think they'll be just fine and make for an easy conversion for all I'm looking for.

Cadian GL's for DG Conversion

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: death guard, plague marine, blight launcher, grenade launcher, 40k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users