Adepta Sororitas KT

Brother Navaer Solaq

I find them rather a let down to be honest. They're alright in friendly games but against a tuned competitive list I don't see them doing much. The melee isn't sturdy enough and the shooty doesn't have enough options to field special weapons like other lists do (e.g. plasma spam admech/guard/astartes).

I'm hoping that over the course of the next year we will see some additional data sheets for the sisters in kill team. Imagine scout moving dominions being added to the list, celestians bodyguarding the expensive models and deep striking seraphim. That would really open up some options for the sisters. At the very least having a bunch of different sergeants and gunners from different data sheets like astartes do would allow them to present a dangerous ranged army. 

The canoness is solid but commanders is such a rare game mode. The other commander is a joke considering the 1 limit on repentia.

I can do without the acts of faith as a game with so few dice rolls made each turn could really be upset by a system like that. I'm willing to concede on that. But we need more data sheets and we need subfactions (and for gods sake remove the limit on repentia, it is a dumb typo and we all know it).

Its the downside of being a new list in a game where older lists have gotten several expansions already I suppose.

Edited by lordsloth

• 4 weeks later...

I find them rather a let down to be honest. They're alright in friendly games but against a tuned competitive list I don't see them doing much. The melee isn't sturdy enough and the shooty doesn't have enough options to field special weapons like other lists do (e.g. plasma spam admech/guard/astartes).

I'm hoping that over the course of the next year we will see some additional data sheets for the sisters in kill team. Imagine scout moving dominions being added to the list, celestians bodyguarding the expensive models and deep striking seraphim. That would really open up some options for the sisters. At the very least having a bunch of different sergeants and gunners from different data sheets like astartes do would allow them to present a dangerous ranged army. 

The canoness is solid but commanders is such a rare game mode. The other commander is a joke considering the 1 limit on repentia.

I can do without the acts of faith as a game with so few dice rolls made each turn could really be upset by a system like that. I'm willing to concede on that. But we need more data sheets and we need subfactions (and for gods sake remove the limit on repentia, it is a dumb typo and we all know it).

Its the downside of being a new list in a game where older lists have gotten several expansions already I suppose.

There isn't a lot of precedent for Fast Attack units to be included, so we may not get to see Serephim or Dominions in the game.  That said, Celestians would be easy to include as an Elite option.

That said, I don't think it's a good idea to open Sororitas up to being another spam-list.  Just because a few teams can be exploited in this way, doesn't mean it should be encouraged.

There isn't a lot of precedent for Fast Attack units to be included, so we may not get to see Serephim or Dominions in the game.  That said, Celestians would be easy to include as an Elite option.

That said, I don't think it's a good idea to open Sororitas up to being another spam-list.  Just because a few teams can be exploited in this way, doesn't mean it should be encouraged.

Sure, but they should get something to  be able to compete. Currently they don't have a lot of punch to their roster. They have fragile melee and mostly weak shooting.

Sure, but they should get something to  be able to compete. Currently they don't have a lot of punch to their roster. They have fragile melee and mostly weak shooting.

They have models and rules, therefore they can compete.

They have good access to ranged weapons, and can put more models on the table than any other Power Armoured faction.  The only thing they're really missing right now is Subfaction rules.

They have models and rules, therefore they can compete.

They have good access to ranged weapons, and can put more models on the table than any other Power Armoured faction.  The only thing they're really missing right now is Subfaction rules.

"They have models therefore they can compete" is not how it works.

Participating is not the same as competing. You don't see many peope playing starstriders for example (especially competitively). Because they suck. There is no fun in getting stomped. Sure you can take an occasional one-sided beating every once in a while. Everybody gets diced sometimes. 

Now I'm not claiming sisters are as bad of as starstriders. Sisters will probably even win from time to time because dice are dice. But they are subpar, you don't start with an even chance of winning against a large majority of the other factions.

Edited by lordsloth