Gabriel Seth & Flesh Tearers News! (12/06/2019)

Aothaine

59235a5f.jpg

What started as just a small statement from the authors has led me to find out that the Flesh Tearers are going to be in December's White Dwarf. I think I'm going to start compiling news regarding the Flesh Tearers in this thread to hopefully help other fans of the Flesh Tearers update themselves with where the Flesh Tearers are today and any information I can gather regarding updates for the Flesh Tearers.

-= Updates =-

Statement regarding future plans for Gabriel Seth: 11/12/2019: https://youtu.be/MBJHnX1A6sU?t=511

News regarding Flesh Tearers in Dec 2019 White Dwarf: 11/13/2019: https://spikeybits.com/2019/11/flesh-tearers-getting-new-40k-rules-in-dec-white-dwarf.html

New Flesh Tearers rules coming in Blood of Baal: 11/25/2019: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/25/blood-of-baal-chapter-focus-the-blood-angelsgw-homepage-post-2/ (Pre-order date 11/30/2019)

39257976.jpg

Gabriel Seth and the Flesh Tearers Update in Blood of Baal: 11/29/2019: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/29/psychic-awakening-feeding-frenzygw-homepage-post-4/

Blood of Baal Flesh Tearer Rules per winter's SEO review: 11/30/2019:

https://youtu.be/mWg1m_krFkw?t=1196

Savage Destruction: Use at start of the fight phase. Choose an enemy unit. Every model destroyed counts as 2 when morale is checked later. CP: 1

Aggressive Onslaught: Use this strat in the fight phase, select one Flesh Tearers' unit in your army. Until the end of that  phase when models can pile in they can pile in 6" instead of 3". CP: 1

Relics:

Chainsword: 

Sorrow's Genesis: At the end of your movement phase this model can provide medical support to one infantry or bike within 3". Regain flat 3 wounds or revive model on 2+ and it returns with flat 3 wounds.

Warlord Traits: 

Merciless Butcher: Make additional attack per 5 enemy models within 3" to a max of 3 extra attacks (Seth's WL Trait)

Wrath and Rage: Unmodified rolls of 6 grant an additional attack.

Creatian Born: Cannot over watch against this character. (Can grab the relic jp)

Dec 2019 White Dwarf Preview, Flesh Tearers info and mission confirmed!: 12/06/2019: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/12/06/white-dwarf-preview-decembergw-homepage-post-3/ 

Index Astartes: Flesh Tearers

This month, the spotlight falls on the most shamelessly violent of all the Space Marines Chapters – the Flesh Tearers. In addition to an extensive background on Gabriel Seth and his crimson-clad battle-brothers, there’s even a short story by none other than Andy Smillie, who has penned a number of Black Library novels about Sanguinius’ fiercest sons.**

You’ll also find an exclusive Echoes of War mission, Purge the Intruder, as well as a Flesh Tearers Kill Team showcase and Paint Splatter stage-by-stage guides for both the Contrast and Classic Methods.

-= Lore News =-

The Points of Grace:

Meanwhile, Dante has identified three crucial targets, which he termed the Points of Grace. The Lord of the Host knew that if the Blood Angels and their successors could take these three vital objectives then it would be much easier for Imperial forces to spread out from Baal.

This Angel’s Halo strategy sees Commander Dante and Chief Librarian Mephiston lead one force, Captain Sendini of the 5th Company of Blood Angels lead a second and Chapter Master Gabriel Seth spearhead the Flesh Tearers in the third group.

The battle for control of the Red Scar stands on a knife-edge. If the Blood Angels win, it will be the first step to stabilising Imperium Nihilus, but if the Tyranids are victorious, the biomass that they harvest could make Hive Fleet Leviathan unstoppable.
Edited by Aothaine

If Seth ever gets Primarized(Crosses the Rubicon) I'll riot.

Krash 

Of course he will. He was only innitially against it, mirroring the kneejerk reaction of so many in the community, but Dante immediately talked sense into him. Seth is not stupid and knows that Primaris are a good thing. He doesn't have to accept any of the ones that arrived with Guilliman but there's nothing speaking against making new recruits into Primaris even from his PoV.

It's the second time Seth had to rethink his ways in Devastation of Baal with the first being the Chapter Master of the chapter he despises so much, the Knights of Blood, revealing to him why his ways are putting his chapter into great danger and that he should dial it back a little bit ... all the while getting saved by them. ^^

Seth will live. I have hope. I love Seth so damned much. I have serious respect for Dante and he is amazing. But Seth carries the thoughts of the "Old Guard" on his sleeves. When we see him next he will be whirlwind of pain for any enemy and he will have learned the value of the Primaris and have learned to trust them as well. You can see this across almost every chapter as well, even the Dark Angels. 

But damn.... I am really looking forward to his primaris sculpt. :D I hope it get released with a collector's edition of his book that they mentioned. "We have other ideas for Gabriel Seth." Damn I'm excited. I'll be picking up this new Dante book as soon as it is released as well. Still have 2-3 months left before I need to decide which chapter I'm playing. But this new information has got my mind back on Flesh Tearers for sure! 

Gabriel Seth is too iconic a Character to simply die, but there is a way many forget, one that allow him to survive in the Primaris era, while not crossing the Rubicon, one possiblity that follow the concept of "We have other ideas for Gabriel Seth", and it is.....DREADNOUGHT Gabriel Seth.^^ (I imagine this as a possibility, though like many i prefer his Marine version.)

Seth won't survive the rubicon because he has been outspoken against primaris. If you want a new primaris chaptermaster that isn't Seth, then sure have him cross the rubicon.... 

Seth: Primaris are just ultramarines.

Corbulo: They can bite through steel and turned some alpha legion into red paste without breaking a sweat

Seth: *thumbs through The Complete Works of Bellisarius Cawl*

Seth is a pragmatist. When he sees what they can do, he'll be on board with them. Seth is a psychopath, but he's still a military leader. The FT would be long dead without his strategic thinking. 

Edited by Xenith

Hahaha, that picture on Spikey Bits is the one I posted on a Facebook group on Monday - You can see my sitting room rug

I should be honoured

Nice lol! :D

Gabriel Seth is too iconic a Character to simply die, but there is a way many forget, one that allow him to survive in the Primaris era, while not crossing the Rubicon, one possiblity that follow the concept of "We have other ideas for Gabriel Seth", and it is.....DREADNOUGHT Gabriel Seth.^^ (I imagine this as a possibility, though like many i prefer his Marine version.)

A dreadnought version of Seth could be really cool too. 

Seth: Primaris are just ultramarines.

Corbulo: They can bite through steel and turned some alpha legion into red paste without breaking a sweat

Seth: *thumbs through The Complete Works of Bellisarius Cawl*

Seth is a pragmatist. When he sees what they can do, he'll be on board with them. Seth is a psychopath, but he's still a military leader. The FT would be long dead without his strategic thinking. 

Something else to note is that Seth stated that the red thirst and black rage were things that made a space marine one of the blood. Well, she just got confirmation that Primaris are fighting against the black rage. I think Seth will find this out and accept them. Regardless of what they can do, without having to deal with the black rage Seth won't accept them. But we know now that they do have to deal with it and I think that this will be want turns Seth into accepting them fully and not just as tools of war.

Read the convo between Dante and Seth at the end of Devastation of Baal again last night. Such a good scene! :D

Either way, I don't care. I just want more lore regarding the Flesh Tearers and their very needed primaris reinforcements. What is Seth doing now? Has he realized that they are affected by the Black Rage and Red Thirst? What is the new Chapter Makeup? Are they still building First Generation marines? If so, why? So many questions!

They really seem to compose rules in many small bubbles as opposed to one giant bubble. Does that make sense?

Like why would FT be better than BA just because (absent character options)?

Why do RG get multiple ways to move troops forward

Multiple times and we only have one option with forlorn?

And in the end does it really even matter? It’s impossible to really balance a game this varied and complex. I just wish they’d work on removing the super units or armies, you know the OBVIOUS choices because they’re so much better.

Anyway, carry on Flesh Tearers this is by no way meant to bash on your army. Instead just continued pondering of the why from GW.

Edited by brother_b

As much as I love me some random hyperbolic speculation, I think it’s too early to even start wondering...it’s going to come down to Stratagems and/or relics. 

Well the Flesh tearers will get all the strats and the ability to gain at least 1 relic from the main chapter so there's that. Any FT strats are off the table for BA and other successors. so there's that.

Keep in mind that Flesh Tearers also most likely have to pay a CP to access the parent chapter relics like it's the case for vanilla successors. So it'll mainly depend on how good those are compared to what Flesh Tearers have access to.

Kind of disappointed/mixed, as I was hoping for a full FT chapter approved ruleset in the next WD, however it now looks to be behind the slightly higher paywall of a hardback book. That said, if it's a full codex supplements worth, I'll be ok with it. Just another damn book to tote around.

I am curious that FT are in the next WD if PA3 gives them almost as much love as BA. I was hoping that if/when BA Codex 2.0 shows up we got two supplements ala Codex:SM, with Flesh Tearers and Lamenters being ours. I think those are the two most well established successor chapters, no?

So Dante has decided to put Gabriel Seth in one of the most vital points of the campaign going forward. Are the other chapters busy? Are they not ready? Regardless, the Flesh Tearers have been trusted again to fill a very important role that will shape the future of the Imperium. It is strange that a successor chapter is getting so much attention in the lore. Especially when it is coming up against the Blood Angels. But damn am I excited and happy!

So Dante has decided to put Gabriel Seth in one of the most vital points of the campaign going forward. Are the other chapters busy? Are they not ready? Regardless, the Flesh Tearers have been trusted again to fill a very important role that will shape the future of the Imperium. It is strange that a successor chapter is getting so much attention in the lore. Especially when it is coming up against the Blood Angels. But damn am I excited and happy!

Flesh tearers have been getting a lot of attention for a long time. They're about as storied as black templars honestly. With their parent chapter placing a lot or trust in them for a long time now.