Dark Angels and chapter approved

oldmanlee

I agree there with you I hope drop in LS and Terminators but also drop on Land Raiders and Vindicators. Drop for Deathwing Ancient, Champion and Apothecary by 20ish pointsm

I hope a drop on weapons like CML, Plasma Canon.

Most importantly they add more heavy weapon options to Cataphractii and Tartaros.

When did they remove the option for the autocannon on Tartaros but added assault canon ?

When both the Deathwing Ancient and Deathwing Champion both cost more than the new OP Iron Hands Iron Father, then you know that Deathwing need to have their points dropped. A lot! Also, by extension I wonder if you could justify a 70pt price difference between Azrael and the Iron Father...I'm not sure you can.

Land Speeders and Whirlwinds need a price drop to bring them in line with the latest Space Marine codex, and I'd like to think the Inceptor Plasma exterminators get a price drop too.

Don't think a price drop on Vindicators would really help much. 24" range means you need to move them, and so Power of the Machine Spirit would be better here.

At minimum points should drop for all units in line with the SM codex, however seeing how we don't get doctrines and improved doctrines, in a perfect world our units should cost less than the SM codex and then points would re-adjust if or when we get a new DA codex.

I think it's getting harder and harder for GW to adjust points because certain units can't really go much lower without affecting other units from other factions. I think they need to bite the bullet and double the points of every unit in the game and 4000pt games becomes the new 2000pt games. This will give GW a comfortable amount of points to better tune the units as the meta progresses. Doesn't change the physical size or the time to play either.

I also believe that every piece of gear (with the exception of relics) or upgrade in the game should have a points value even if it's only 1 pt. This includes psychic powers. But this is a conversation for another time lol

I haven't played for a while, so my recent game was the first using shock assault.  I was very happy with the boost it gave, especially to my ravenwing bikers and assault marines.  However, there is a 30 point difference in the cost of the two units I field for units that do broadly the same damage and have similar mobility and wounds.  Whether the T5 is offset by the vulnerability to D2 weapons I don't know, but it certainly feels like they should be closer in cost or if anything assault marines cheaper. 

The Deathwing Knights were brutal on the charge (well even more so than before).  I wonder if we might see a slight increase for them.  I hope not, it's not like our army is broken, but it wouldn't surprise me. 

Otherwise I agree, the Deathwing characters seem due a drop in the current climate and the land speeders seem too expensive too. 

I'd be amazed if DWK got any kind of increase. Yes, they are brutal on the charge if they are successful...but in a competitive game, you can spend that many points to ultimately have to rely on a 9+ dice role. There are other units in other factions that are more effective and successful on the charge and cost fewer points.

I agree there with you I hope drop in LS and Terminators but also drop on Land Raiders and Vindicators. Drop for Deathwing Ancient, Champion and Apothecary by 20ish pointsm

I hope a drop on weapons like CML, Plasma Canon.

Most importantly they add more heavy weapon options to Cataphractii and Tartaros.

When did they remove the option for the autocannon on Tartaros but added assault canon ?

What are you talking about?

Tartaros still have reaper autocannon.

I'd be amazed if DWK got any kind of increase. Yes, they are brutal on the charge if they are successful...but in a competitive game, you can spend that many points to ultimately have to rely on a 9+ dice role. There are other units in other factions that are more effective and successful on the charge and cost fewer points.

This would be my argument too for keeping them the same. Powerful but ultimately unreliable due to their lack of speed and reliable charging. It’s more that they were previously costed before shock assault and they have had a significant boost due to how powerful each attack is so, while it’s not something I feel is necessary, I wouldn’t be surprised to see it change.

Well looks like chapter approved is out on the 7th not a long wait hope we get some points drops. Not as good as a new codex but We can but hope we get that next year

Fingers crossed and begin chant, "please reduce special characters, please reduce special characters."

So, a 4pt reduction to Ravenwing Black Knights. I guess that's 32 points saving in a squad of 8...hopefully that's not the only point reduction we see!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/25/chapter-approved-points-updates-to-look-out-forgw-homepage-post-1/

Also: "Chapter Approved gives the Dark Angels an update in line with their Codex-adherent kin."

What does that mean?

Edited by Angel of Solitude

So, a 4pt reduction to Ravenwing Black Knights. I guess that's 32 points saving in a squad of 8...hopefully that's not the only point reduction we see!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/25/chapter-approved-points-updates-to-look-out-forgw-homepage-post-1/

Also: "Chapter Approved gives the Dark Angels an update in line with their Codex-adherent kin."

What does that mean?

Interesting wording indeed. So updated set of rules within the CA pages now?

So the new PA stuff for Blood Angels showcased today on Warhammer Community explicity references a "super" Assault Doctrine:

b592852c.jpg

That leads me to believe that in CA, SW/DA/BA will get Combat Doctrines, while in PA we'll get updated units/litanies/pyschic powers/stratagems.

So the new PA stuff for Blood Angels showcased today on Warhammer Community explicity references a "super" Assault Doctrine:

That leads me to believe that in CA, SW/DA/BA will get Combat Doctrines, while in PA we'll get updated units/litanies/pyschic powers/stratagems.

To quote from the same article:

They now have the Angels of Death ability, which gives them access to And They Shall Know No Fear, Bolter Discipline, Shock Assault and Combat Doctrines. The Assault Doctrine is going to prove very popular with Blood Angels players thanks to their unique Chapter trait.

Seems to me like they get Combat doctrines from PA, not CA.

Edited by Isual

Guest MistaGav

I'm hoping that BA would get access to the masters of the chapter like the SM codex did in PA:2 so then this could mean Dark Angels, Space Wolves get it as well. Would be even better if our terminator/biker special characters got a nice boost from that.