Start Collecting BA box

It's a good collection so long as you're happy mixing primaris and regular marines (which lore wise -we should be, but many seem to not like the visual of mixing them).

Sanguinary guard feel like real winners of blood of baal... HOWEVER they're now very very CP hungry.

The karlean model is bad. And has been given away with almost anything BA related. The inclusion of DC chaplain is cool though.

Edited by Blindhamster

I see your battle box and raise you this one:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Spear-of-Baal-Collection-EN-2019 

Use the jump Chaplain as a counts-as Lemartes (replace inferno pistol with a left hand bolt pistol from the DC box. 

Sanguinary Guard have a minimum unit size of 4, so build 4 and then a Sanguinary Ancient.

Scrounge for bits and magnetize the Pred to give you options between Dakka/lascannon/Baal loadouts. Poor Karlean (Termie Capt) is still the clunker of the bunch, but you can use him as a footslogging buff aura for the intercessors while you get some reps under your belt.

Edited by Indefragable

As discussed above, anything larger than a SC! box is not an option. We're now looking at one unit.

The BA tactical box is a good start to an army, although if the goal is to get stuff painted I'd do with the regular SM tactical box as the ropes. My god the ropes.

If I had £40 to spend and wanted an army, id probably go with a DC box first, to make 5 jump pack DC or vanguard, and then a 5 intercessor box, if they still make them. Maybe 2x easy to build intercessors, then use the 6th as a captain to start. That would be a great base to an army.

Bang for buck with £40 I'd go 2x each of ETB reivers and intercessors, making a captain and Phobos Lt from the 6th models in each unit.