What's in store for us in 2020 ?

Chaplain Elijah

BA leaks on some character datasheets have them getting the litanies of battle and angels of death and indications are that P3 is supplement level of changes.

So in all likelihood, DA will get the same as stop-gap between codexes

BA leaks on some character datasheets have them getting the litanies of battle and angels of death and indications are that P3 is supplement level of changes.

So in all likelihood, DA will get the same as stop-gap between codexes

My Chaplain Dreadnought is ready !

As for Angels of Death it's just Bolter Discipline / Shock Assault / ATSKNF packed together.

What i'm waiting from PA is new stratagems and a new chapter doctrine as i don't play Primaris apart from Aggressors.

Hmmm, the BA leaks are a good indicator of what may happen to us. One character primaris'd, and the named chaplains updated to incorporate the new litanies rules. I'd also be surprised if they didn't also update the non-character chaplains in the same way.

Translating to DA, this would imply Asmodai being updated with new DA-specific litanies, and hopefully our Interrogator/Chaplains too. Which character being Primaris'd is the interesting one. Gut says it won't be Azrael or Sammael, the dream is that we actually get a new character - Sapphon. Seems very strange that our most senior Chaplain doesn't have a model or rules...

Which character being Primaris'd is the interesting one. Gut says it won't be Azrael or Sammael, the dream is that we actually get a new character - Sapphon. Seems very strange that our most senior Chaplain doesn't have a model or rules...

Well i was thinking about that while doing some list building (btw if some of you can help me on this it would be awesome : http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/359888-da-collection-2000pts/ ).

Azrael : outdated model but it would be very strange fluff-wise for him to get primaris'd

Belial : won't happen as it could no longer follow his DW in deep strike or land raider

Sammael : won't happen as it could no longer ride his bike or land speeder

Ezekiel : could happen but BA already got their special librarian primaris'd so i doubt we get ours too, GW could look for something different here

Asmodai : the last candidate and IMHO he's the one who's going to be primaris'd but it's going to wreck my lists so i won't be happy with that

Or as you said we get Sapphon but as we have a codex already heavy on characters i'm not 100% sold on this ?

I don't see any restrictions than could not allow the introduction of primarised azrael now. Fluff can be changed anytime. Explanation: Azrael wants to be an example for other marines and decides to cross rubicon primaris to show that it can be done ! and there you have it !

He shoud be first to get primaris treatment and I really can't wait for this! Will he get this now with PA i do not know but will have it eventually. 

If not Azrael than perhaps Ezekiel as he is also psyker and chief librarian just as mephiston and tigurius but i am not sure. Belial and Sammael definietely not as GW have to introduce new primaris terminators and bikers/jetbikes first.

Sapphon is a boring character for me and there's no neeed for another chaplain miniature. Asmodai is way cooler than sapphon so maybe he will be primarised first. 

I suppose we will start getting first rumours soon...

Think you're right about Belial and Sammael - they would need to be supported by a corresponding change to the Deathwing/Ravenwing units, which I can't see happening for this release.

I'd say that Azrael is in a similar situation to Dante - in his position of Supreme Grand Master of the Unforgiven, he's too important to fail. Especially when Luther is on the loose and Marbas is running around with a sizeable Fallen force.

The Librarius already has a Primaris contingent, so Ezekiel might be a good fit. And, this is Psychic Awakening after all. Plus he has a history of surviving relatively traumatic procedures. Guess we'll just have to wait...

What is a character is killed?

Belial or Sammael dying would retire the old model, shake things up, and open room for a new and more primaris friendly and inclusive company master.

What is a character is killed?

Belial or Sammael dying would retire the old model, shake things up, and open room for a new and more primaris friendly and inclusive company master.

Belial and Sammael actually replaced Gabriel and Gideon with the end of 3rd edition. with each new ed we get additioal lore, books which develop them even more etc. I don't see why GW would want to replace them with some new primaris characters instead of just waiting for their turn to get primarised. DA have a lot of special characters so we will probably have to wait quite long until all of them get new treatment. they really do not need to be killed off and i hope it won't happen.

If they did choose to do Asmodai, or Sapphon, then it would give them the opportunity to do something that has also been mentioned in our wish listing.  We are one of them only (few) that have multiple levels of Chaplains.  But our multiple levels are chaplains are not really too different from other chapters.

Our Chaplains should really be a shining point of our Chapter but they are not.

Well looking at what they haven't done for other chapters and at what named characters we have a Chaplain definitely pops out pretty starkly. I'd love Sapphon from a pure fluff point of view as a great counter balance to Asmodai however, I would imagine they would just make Asmodai primaris. The only issue is his model isn't exactly that old compared with Azrael and Ezekiel.

White Dwarf IA mainly set the tone that the DA were softening their initial distrust of primaris, so they'll end up embracing them for the chunky boys they are. I expect to see Master Lazarus as a release like IF/Sals and seeing how they involve primaris into the 1st and 2nd companies.