Best Bits to Bolter up the Sergeants and Commanders?

domsto

So as everybody know you can give your Commanders or Infantry Sergants a Bolter. Sadly there is no Bolter in any Guard Kit except the Catachan Command Squad.

So i was thinking of using my spare Bolters from my Tactical Marines, but they all have the Armoured Hand molded onto the Grip. 

I am looking for original GW Bits couse i play a lot in the Local Store.

Has anybody Convertet their Guardsmen to wield Bolter?

And what bits did you use?

Kromlech from Poland makes to viable options for you without hands on the handle:

They either changed the tactical marines kit or it's not the kit i'm thinking about. My first box of minies was old Space Marines Battleforce. And as i was intended to collect Black Templars, all those marine boltguns without hands are still there to use. Fit perfectly for cadian and catachan. But too large for elysian and DKK.

Thats why i had to build elysian bullpup bolter from marine boltgun and bolt pistol

Elysian bullpup boltgun

Edit: Looking at the photo of the Tacticals sprue i see that the hand on the bolter can be cut off without any harm to the gun. 
Edited by Shamansky

How I did it was to cut the front end off of a polt pistol and attach the mid section of a lasgun. I then attached the barrel of a storm bolter to my Franken bolter. I used glue to fill in the seams. The end result wasn't the best conversion I've ever done, but it works. Another option is use the sisters bolters once the come out in plastic.

• just cutting off the hands off marine bolters & replacing with lasgun hands would be the easiest.

Space Marine Scouts w/bolters would be closer in size than space marines (and the scouts could still be used w/chainsword and bolt pistol, or shotguns or converted to use sniper rifles built from lasguns).

if you're willing to wait, sister of battle bolters could become a good option for more human sized bolters.

the catachan command squad kit has one arm with bolter, but that's only one bare arm in an older kit.

I've ran into the same situation and have done multiple variants. Regular bolters are a bit too big in my eyes to place on tiny hands. So a few that I've done are:

Lasguns with the barrel cut and stock removed with bolter clips instead of lasgun clips.

Hot shot lasguns are solid cause they have short sticks. I cut the scope out so they have smaller ones, cut the barrel and with this one I replaced it with a boltgun barrel or you can use plastirod and bolter clip

Next one I recently did was with escher and orlock weapons. I like their drum mags. So I cut the bolter right above the grip in half. Then with the escher or orlock cut right above the drum in half horizontally that way the trigger hand is still attached and placed the other have of the bolter on top. You dont have the bolter grip anymore but if you have any small "handle like pieces" you can create a fore grip or leave this bare.

Alot of the examples I've recently done can be found here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B48hsuEnSHY/?igshid=mp1hbmwzurdtW

All are toting a bolter variant except my primaris psyker