Reawoken crusade

Hammerfest

Here's the next one done...

I'm also almost done with the next reiver.

Left on the painting table are still 4 more reivers, a converted lieutenant and reivers converted to incursors and last but not least, my Forgeworld dreadnought. I also still have a Feirros in the post to convert to a techmarine.

49504683723_1cf46832d1_k.jpg

Cheers Bjorn!

I've finished my second reiver and started on my dreadnought. 

My 6 year old son keeps asking about the unpainted 'robot' and how, when he's big, he'll build me a real one.

I think he'll have to invent it after journeying to Mars, but before he builds his 'solar flare-machine' which'll reduce our need for electricity and ensures all meat on the barbeque is cooked to perfection, after which he'll become a helicopter pilot - architect - racecar driver - pokémon trainer. Guess I'd better start saving up for those studies :D

So I've decided to start painting the dreadnought. Partly to please my son, partly to be done with that huge chunck of grey resin.

• 3 months later...

Seeing the previews for the new primaris units (and their crusader helmets), reminded me I haven't given an update in quite a while.
I've had to wait quite a while to get some new bits in (for some reason it's cheaper for me to buy and import bits from Australia, which is on the other side of the world, than buying from more local Europe-based bit-sellers).

Anyhow, without further ado:

Edited by Hammerfest

Excellent work.

Next up'll be my incursors. They'll be based on reivers and wielding swords and daggers.

May Dorn and the Emperor bless your efforts and grant you success in the models' completion.

Cheers Bjorn!

The wait for the new heads was worth it imo.

I also have enough crusader helmets to give one to all phobos marines I have planned :)

I think crusader helmets are iconic for Templars. And though I love the clean aesthetic of the current primaris line, I like to include as much character as I can.

On the dreadnought, it’s pre-modeled, so no skill involved there.

Only the two characters on the first page of this thread have it free-handed. What helps (for me) is outlining what you want with a pencil (with a soft tip, not a hard one that’ll scratch your undercoat). I do this for almost all emblems (the small shield-shaped crusade badges on their greaves and shoulders) and numbers on shoulders and knees.

Afterwards, just tidy it up again with black paint. That’s one of the reasons I, after undercoating with spray, apply a coat of chaos black with a brush. This ensures there’s no difference in color, since spray and pot chaos black have a slightly different tone.

Hope that helps!

• 2 years later...

It's been a very long while since I posted here. In my absence here, I've nearly finished an extended and heavily converted Enforcer team for Necromunda and done more than half of a 4500pts 9th age dwarven holds army. 

I'm happy to show you my progress since I started on my BT's again, about a week ago, so here's a family shot:

52422650570_347a8a28b6.jpg

The dreadnought had his banner finished, I finished a chaplain, apothecary and techmarine. The two guys on the right are bladeguard. The third one is still waiting on a coat of paint.

Edited by Hammerfest

• 1 year later...
On 11/15/2019 at 3:39 PM, Hammerfest said:

Brothers,

It is my pride and joy to say that I've restarted a crusade. One that started in the depths of time on the sandy battlefields of Armageddon, when one of my best friends took a plunge into the Black Templars. Sadly, he had to let his army go when going to college.

As a tribute to him (and because I was looking for an excuse to paint some primaris), I am in the process of reestablishing a crusading force. 

Without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the first finished miniatures I have.
At this moment I have a marshall in gravis armor, a sword brother with thunderhammer (which'll be pictured below) and a squad of 6 reivers (including a converted sword brother) awaiting a glorious black paintjob (or the equivalent thing I can offer them).

So we have:

Castellan with relic/power sword:

49095102172_e4a89e874d_k.jpg

My ancient:

49094911801_f18c0887f0_k.jpg

Studying can be quite challenging, especially when you're trying to juggle multiple subjects and assignments. As a student, I've faced various difficulties, from time management issues to struggling with certain topics. One thing that has really helped me improve my grades and overall study experience is StoryboardThat. The wide range of resources available on StoryboardThat, including life skills worksheets, has been a game-changer for me. These worksheets provide valuable insights and guidance on essential life skills that aren't always covered in traditional academic courses. They've helped me develop practical skills that I can apply not only in my studies but also in my daily life. If you're looking to enhance your life skills and make your studying journey more manageable, I recommend checking out the early reading worksheets and other resources available here, just visit this website. These materials have been incredibly beneficial to me, and I believe they can make a positive impact on your academic life as well. Happy studying! 

Wow! Thank you for sharing! 

Edited by Richard_Allen