Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

It’s baaaaaaack!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 127 posts

https://www.forgewor...eadnought#share

Oh yes. Hopefully the mould is repaired or improved sufficiently. I bought mine right before they were discontinued, and the little raised edges had lots of issues and the legs had huge mould break problems (the sockets for the feet had lots of resin where there shouldn’t be) which I suspect is the reason it was discontinued to begin with.

I just pre-ordered one myself along with a c-beam.  I’m glad I didn’t buy a standard Contemptor chassis in the meantime as I was holding out for this possibility! I also like to think this is entirely due to my kindly worded email over a year ago :P

• Machine God, Aothaine and brÖtherIrön like this

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,445 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands
The mold had indeed broken. I'm assuming they made a new one.
  • Aothaine likes this
Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,891 posts

That is a sexy character model right there. :D 

• quasistellar likes this

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 127 posts

Just a quick update--I received my Iron Hands Contemptor today and. . . 

The cast is nearly perfect!  Just a couple extremely minor mold slips and rough spots that can be scraped/sanded.

So if you've been wanting one of these, I recommend buying sooner rather than later so you can get one made from an early, fresh mold (they wear over time, remember).  Just don't let me catch you buying one of those garbage plastic contemptors!

The c-beam was a decent cast as well.  Not amazing--seems like the mold for this one is getting a little old with tons of flash.

• Aothaine likes this

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,891 posts

I'm not currently buying Forgeworld. Working on the GW line first. biggrin.png

Happy to hear the mold is good though! I hope they will be available when I'm ready to purchase one.

Edited by Aothaine, 20 November 2019 - 11:18 PM.

Lord Blackwood

Lord Blackwood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,306 posts
  • Faction: Knights / VI / VII

double las cannon contemptors call 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users