Knights of the Burning Heart

Greetings!

I wanted to show you my fully painted Imperial Knight Household, the Knights of the Burning Heart!

I bought and painted my first Imperial Knight back in 2014, but started this Household a year later with the release of the upgraded kit. I love these big machines and their lore. I always liked the space-fantasy aspect of 40k more, and with the release of these massive chivalric robots, I knew I was lost. 

In the following years I added the Knights one by one, not because of the game, but only because of the sheer majesty and my absolute fanaticism and love towards these hulking figures. The goal was always to build and paint one, never to have a pile of grey shame somewhere lying around the castle. They developed from an auxiliary force for my 40k armies to my main army (because over the years I sold nearly every other figure for 40k). Honestly, I haven't played with them since... years, but it was never the purpose of this collection to be taken every week in a local gaming club, or to a tournament, it was just the collecting, building and painting aspect, that drew me to them.

Now, I have three Questoris Knights and two Armigers. Hopefully in the following days I will be able to show them to you one by one. 

First of all I wanted to show you the latest addition to the Household, the youngest member of the Order, Sar Theoderik and Hand of Vengeance. He is a Gallant, a fine kit, but the one I struggled the most with. I bought him in June, but finished only one week ago... First, I really struggled with the building (which is massively unusual, because this was my fourth Questoris Knight, what I build), and then the painting took like ages to finish. I put him aside for a time too, because I was disappointed with the first results. 
I took the brush up again in October, and somehow I managed to finish it despite having worsening conditions, because of the early darkness every day. 

Knights 1

Knights 2

I was relieved when I applied the last transfers and took the can of varnish. I'm happy, that he joined our ranks! :smile.:

Now, the Armigers!

I bought them last year with the Forgebane box. I tried to have an AdMech army too, but in the end I realised, that I didn't like those guys that much. I found the Skitarii Vanguard appealing, but the whole faction was not for me...

But back to the noble blood!

I tried with every Knight to have different colors on them. The stormy blue and the black are the colors of the House, but everyone has a little space to wield his personal colour. One of my friends didn't like the choices I made, but I loved that I was able to try out something new! 

I like the Armiger-chassis, and if the fire still burns in my heart next year, I might get a Helverin to accompany them! 

Knights 3

• 5 months later...

It has been too long, since I got anything worth to showing, but today, I finally have something.

A five-year-journey ended, as I finished the bases of the last (in reality the first!) two Knights today, so the Knights of the Burning Heart are ready to march... :smile.:

KotBH 1

KotBH 2

KotBH 3

And here, the complete Household

KotBH 4

KotBH 5

When I got the first box of these steel beasts I fell in love with the model. It was an intimidating project... the biggest, most expensive plastic kit that I ever got. Even building the Knight was an amazing and also inspiring experience. I know many criticize the kit being monopose, but still, after all these years I never had an issue with it. And while I was working on the model I felt the lore comes to life. I tried to tell a story with every one of them. They are from the same Household, yet they are five individual souls, characters, each with different tales to tell. 

I'm not sure if I will add any other of these noble machines to my collection. Maybe I will look for one of the newer chassis, to round the up to 2000 points (but honestly, I didn't even know how many points this collection is right now:biggrin.:).