Black Templar Strategem Tactica

Medjugorje

How's this for some stratagem cheese:

The combined effects of the IF stratagem to change bolt weapons to 'Pistol', and the BT stratagem to Advance, fire pistols, and charge.

Chuck it on 10 Intercessors with Auto Bolt Rifles for maximum Gruyere.

Intercessors with Auto Bolt Rifles can already advance and shoot but it's still a good combo with them, especially if you pop the auto-hit stratagem. Move, advance, get thirty auto hits, and then charge for thirty-one attacks. Make them vets for more attacks and give the sergeant a thunder hammer or something else big.

Intercessors with Auto Bolt Rifles can already advance and shoot but it's still a good combo with them, especially if you pop the auto-hit stratagem. Move, advance, get thirty auto hits, and then charge for thirty-one attacks. Make them vets for more attacks and give the sergeant a thunder hammer or something else big.

It's almost terrifying.

Almost movie-marine-esque.

Can I get some clarification on the advance and charge stratagem?

This works after disembarking, because normally I would be able to advance or charge out of a Transport now I can do both and get:

3'' from the Transport + 1 +D6 + 1 +2d6?

So atleast 6'' from the Transport and then I can charge?

So in regards to the mortal wounds on unmodified saving throws of sixes... do the rules disallow you from making a saving throw you can't actually pass?

I get how it works anytime we have a saving throw but units do exist with a 7+ save. No one ever rolls saves they can't make but the strat calls for a result of a six, and it disregards modifiers.

Of course with how things are normally handled you shouldn't neccesarily be able to roll every save in this case since it's all supposed to be one at a time but you could still get some good mileage out of large squads against high ap melee.

So in regards to the mortal wounds on unmodified saving throws of sixes... do the rules disallow you from making a saving throw you can't actually pass?

I get how it works anytime we have a saving throw but units do exist with a 7+ save. No one ever rolls saves they can't make but the strat calls for a result of a six, and it disregards modifiers.

Of course with how things are normally handled you shouldn't neccesarily be able to roll every save in this case since it's all supposed to be one at a time but you could still get some good mileage out of large squads against high ap melee.

Yes!  The rules in the BRB state that you make a roll and then modify the die roll by any modifiers. So on something that pens your armor all together, you can still roll dice looking for 6's. However against mortal wounds we just get our 5+ and 6's do not trigger this because it is not a "saving throw"

3” from the transport, and then 6”+d6”(normal move+advance move) and then 2d6 charge distance

But I cannot move my rhino, get out, Pop the strat, advance, charge?

Correct. 

That's one of the best things about this strat. It's great to play against a mob unit which is going to throw a huge amount of unsaveable attacks. (Genestealers come to mind) you're going to die, but you're going to take a lot of them with you.

That's one of the best things about this strat. It's great to play against a mob unit which is going to throw a huge amount of unsaveable attacks. (Genestealers come to mind) you're going to die, but you're going to take a lot of them with you.

The Grimaldus Approved Strategy

Does someone have exact wording on our consolidate strategem?

Devout Push 1CP : Use this stratagem at the start of the fight phase. Select one BT infantry/biker unit from your army, until the end of that phase that unit can Pile In and when this unit consolidates it can move up to 6" instead of 3".

I lean towards this just giving a unit thats locked in combat a 6' consolidation instead of just a free "Heroic Intervention" through Pile In, you need to be in combat in order to Pile In and consolidate in the first place but I guess this will be cleared in an FAQ.

Then why would Pile In even be mentioned? Seems quite pointless given that you'll Pile In in combat anyway.

But yeah, for the time being I've decided to discuss it with my opponent before each match and use it however they think is fair, until an official word comes. 

Either way, just plain 6" pile-in is also nice to have. you can wrap around the transport more easily, and make more space for the other charging units.

You can do the same thing with Canticle of Hate, though.

it doesn't say 6" pile in though, it only specifies consolidate.  It's definitely horribly worded and needs to be completely re-written IMO

Then why would Pile In even be mentioned? Seems quite pointless given that you'll Pile In in combat anyway.

But yeah, for the time being I've decided to discuss it with my opponent before each match and use it however they think is fair, until an official word comes. 

I ve done so yesterday. Honestly I didnt play that Stratagem so far^^

Speaking of Vicious Riposte, I'm not super clear on how saves are rolled in 40k. Lets say that my unit of 5 scouts takes 30 wounds from some imaginary unit with AP3 and I start rolling saves after activating Vicious Riposte - Do I roll all the saves and inflict hits for each 6, or do I only roll saves until the entire unit is dead? In  other words - Do I roll 5 dice, because that's the maximum amount of saves the unit can fail before it dies, and discard the rest of the wounds, or do I roll 30 saves and pick all 6s from that?

Speaking of Vicious Riposte, I'm not super clear on how saves are rolled in 40k. Lets say that my unit of 5 scouts takes 30 wounds from some imaginary unit with AP3 and I start rolling saves after activating Vicious Riposte - Do I roll all the saves and inflict hits for each 6, or do I only roll saves until the entire unit is dead? In  other words - Do I roll 5 dice, because that's the maximum amount of saves the unit can fail before it dies, and discard the rest of the wounds, or do I roll 30 saves and pick all 6s from that?

5 dice at the start and to the last saving throw. It means that stratagem doesnt work anymore if they are dead.