Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blood and Talons PA 3

• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,140 posts
https://www.warhamme...ood-and-talons/

The Psychic Awakening has already engulfed the Aeldari, as well as the Black Templars and Heretic Astartes. Who could be next to feel its effects? The words ‘Blood of Baal’ are being whispered across Imperium Nihilus, and they may give you a clue…

Looks like the Blood Angels will be facing the Tyranids again soon. You can see what happened last time they fought – on Baal itself – in Guy Haley’s Space Marine Conquests novel The Devastation of Baal.

Edit: PA 2 Didnt even hit the shelves and they already hyping PA3. Think this says alot lol.

Edited by Sete, 17 November 2019 - 04:42 PM.

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,169 posts

That's disappointing. I was hoping they'd reserve the Tyranids to face off against the Orks, and give us a bit more of a glimpse at Octarius.

• Matt_149, Jorin Helm-splitter, Red_Shift and 2 others like this

mkbKIlr.png

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,140 posts
We already know SW are facing the Orks.

Klod

Klod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 153 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

It just begun, people are already dissapointed. We're off to a good start. 

• andes, The4thHorseman, Shadow Captain Vyper and 18 others like this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,131 posts

That video needs a "Greetings from Baal" and "Wish you were here" in one of those cheesy postcard fonts.

And in other news, French rumours still nailing it. I really hope Ghaz and Ragnar don't turn out to be the one dud of all the predictions.

Edited by DeadFingers, 17 November 2019 - 04:55 PM.

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 383 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Hey I'm looking forward to it! But this is the 2nd tease of mephiston. Yeah, I'm ready to see the model now and he's like 2 weeks away. 

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,169 posts

Eesh, that's just dull. Although I suppose it's significantly better than throwing them against the Thousand Sons again.

mkbKIlr.png

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 383 posts

Eesh, that's just dull. Although I suppose it's significantly better than throwing them against the Thousand Sons again.

It also apparently means new Primaris Ragnar from the rumors though so... Worth it. In my opinion anyways. I forget if the rumors say anything on Ghaz.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,140 posts
Cmon we will have the BT vs Orks box set (shadowspear like) as introduction and then Ragnar vs Ghazghull.
You can quote me on this Bols and spikey bits.
Industry Insider :D
  • Dark Shepherd likes this

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,400 posts

Kinda sad that they went BA vs Nids again. Would have been good to have them facing chaos (but they did BT vs chaos) considering the old animosity between BA and BL, but i guess they decided it should be UM vs BL these days.

Still, we knew this was what was coming thanks to french rumours so at least it doesn't come as a surprise.

Will be interesting to see what this will mean for things.

• Dont-Be-Haten and viewasjack like this

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,140 posts

Edit: PA 2 Didnt even hit the shelves and they already hyping PA3. Think this says alot lol.

What does it say?

The content hose has no breaks!

How much of a filler release it was. My grip with PA2. And people having to wait 2 weeks for it for some reason.

Nids are getting the BT treatment by the way. Just rules according to rumours.

Chronos1985

Chronos1985

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 63 posts
Omg, I'm already broke from 24 hours ago. Mephiston, my body and wallet is ready.

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,529 posts

so this will be preorderable on the day after black friday?

I do like the trailer, even the tiny glimpse we see.

Mephiston atop a pile of zoanthropes

banana

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,140 posts
Personally i would have prefered someone else to Mephiston. Was never a fan of the design. Would love a Sanguinor.

Edited by Sete, 17 November 2019 - 05:21 PM.

Iron Father Bahadur

Iron Father Bahadur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 100 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands
Hype for Mephiston. I’ve always loved his story and the concept of his model but it just aged terribly. I’m really excited to see the new one.

I’ve always liked the pomp of Blood Angels, but have never committed due to them always seeming to fall behind.

Will be an interesting portent to the remaining marine books - I’ll laugh my face off if they don’t get doctrines in this in a grim way. We’ll see.

Curious what they open up for nids.

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 422 posts
I think both PA2 and PA3 are filler. No real model releases for either. And rumors putting a box set for PA4 could explain the close releases of PA2 and PA3.

We now know that both BA and Tyranids will be in this one but we still could see daemons. At least khorne. The worlds on fire and it’s nids corpses on the ground. I’m also wanting Necrons to come out as well. The nids v BA v Necrons is always a good tale.
  • Omega-soul likes this

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,400 posts

Dante was my first choice. Or a new character would have been nice.

But I do love mephiston too. He is an interesting character and I like fighter mages -mephy being the closest thing to one in the game haha.

Ideally I'd like to see:
- BA "chapter tactic" update to include a small additional bonus like the core marine ones
- Successor rules - replace the small bonus with something else, everyone has to have red thirst.
- litanies of blood for chaplains
- something akin to doctrine rules.
- maybe a new relic or two
- maybe some new stratagems

Edited by Blindhamster, 17 November 2019 - 06:15 PM.

• Morticon, Bryan Blaire and Karhedron like this

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Klod

Klod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 153 posts

I'd like to be able to make Intercessors Veterans with a Stratagem. Not because of rules, in fact I don't even remember what it gives them, but I just want to have a squad of Primaris Veterans.

I'm also looking forward to an update to our Chapter Structure. Who is the Captain/Lieutenant/etc. of what nowadays. Would be interesting to see if there are any changes.

Edited by Klod, 17 November 2019 - 05:44 PM.

• Blindhamster likes this

Claws and Effect

Claws and Effect

++ ANGARUS ARANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,355 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and DIY WIP

Ted thirst.

Is that what we're calling the internet's obsession with Keanu Reeves now?

(I know it's off topic, but I couldn't resist the joke that was right there)
  • Brother Adelard likes this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,864 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

I agree with Sete's sentiment - especially with regards to the lore. On one hand, it is nice that the PA books are in rapid succession; it gives us things to look forward to, keeps the hype train rolling, etc. But it also reinforces the low quality of these books. I'd much rather a few months between each installment if it meant that each campaign supplement came with some new art, a fully fleshed out story of more than a dozen pages, and a few accompanying kits. It is pretty amusing that in this allegedly epic narrative supplements are coming so quickly that we have previews for one before another even comes out. None of these books feel like an "event", just another release that will be hyped up for 2 weeks and then immediately forgotten about.

On a more positive note, I'm looking forward to seeing Mephiston in the flesh. Primaris adaptations have been a bit hit or miss for me, but I have a feeling that this is going to be a good one.

Edited by Marshal Loss, 17 November 2019 - 06:10 PM.

• Blindhamster, fire golem, Lord Marshal and 3 others like this

bl-logo.jpg

Sons of Horus 29th Company
ἐλεφαντάρχης

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,400 posts

Ted thirst.

Is that what we're calling the internet's obsession with Keanu Reeves now?

(I know it's off topic, but I couldn't resist the joke that was right there)

haha my bad, ive fixed it (was on phone and cooking tea!)

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 383 posts

What are people thinking of a Doctrine for the Blood Angels? BT got one, so I see no reason as to why the BA wouldn't get one, especially as they're totally without at the moment.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,131 posts

Tried my best. Use at your own discretion.

m4O2BMX.png

• Azaiel, mithrilforge, toaae and 13 others like this

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,043 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
Since BT are very likely not in PA3, perhaps we should just assume that any BT discussion of any kind is off-topic and move on...

Personally, I've moved beyond seeing these books as anything other than a vehicle for mid-cycle rules updates. I'm interested to see what BA will get rules-wise, since I may have a Primaris Apothecary that needs turning into a Sanguinary Priest about then.

I really want to see how GW is looking to handle Successor Chapters (especially Primaris-only ones) for BA (and maybe DA & SW) in PA3 - I'm really hoping they put some good thought into them (although I'm not expecting so at this stage), but if they don't have expanding information on them, at least open up some options for them to better represent BA lineage - Inferno pistols for Primaris LTs, maybe a Death Mask option, etc.
  • Morticon, Marshal Loss, Deadman Wade and 3 others like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,154 posts

=][= This thread is for the third Psychic Awakening book, focused on Blood Angels and Tyranids. Please keep on topic. =][=

Edited by NTaW, 17 November 2019 - 08:37 PM.

• Dosjetka and Bryan Blaire like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users