Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blood and Talons PA 3

• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

Hathor42

Hathor42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 398 posts
Oh they also talked about a strat to make a exocrine count as stationary.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,057 posts
If I ignore the blood Angels keyword then this is pretty much codex primaris...
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

RedemptionNL

RedemptionNL

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,586 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
The table of contents is up:

60040199106_BloodofBaalBattletome03.jpg

MistaGav

MistaGav

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 377 posts

It looks like it's more of a Blood Angels supplement all in but name really.

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé
35 pages for blood angles of which 20ish are codex SM pages reprinted...

So it’s either that or BA players had to buy SM dex, BA dex and this book
  • Dark Shepherd likes this

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,374 posts

Overall it still looks like 68 pages of blood angels and 12 of nids.

Astral_Jackal

Astral_Jackal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 206 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion

StrikingScorpion82 has just uploaded his overview of the new PA3 book!

• Dolchiate Remembrancer likes this
Show your mercy and he shall one day seek vengeance upon you for petty, imagined slight. Mercy is therefore a weakness; a crime wanting to be born.

Mercy I have long since expunged, from both myself and my legion.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Alright I skipped SS82 video review to the DC Intercessors. Be prepared to be even more underwhelmed, guys.

• Standard equip is the same as regular Intercessors
  • They can take all the Bolt rifle variants same as regular Intercessors
  • one model in 5 can take an auxiliary grenade launcher same as regular Intercessors
  • ONE model can take a chainsword, power fist, thunder hammer or power fist
  • ONE model can take a chainsword or hand flamer
  • No sergeant equivalent

The important take aways here are that the "second melee weapon" is really just a chainsword, not a TH or such, the unit has max LD of 7 because there's no Sergeant equivalent and finally, the most ridiculous thing, a DC Intercessor with Thunderhammer has the EXACT same amount of attacks than an Intercessor Sergeant with Thunderhammer and after the first round of combat even one less since black rage runs out while the sergeant buff doesn't.

• Aztek likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 513 posts
Will keep my spare 10 man intercessors unbuilt for now then. May build my 10 Reivers instead. Just ordered Mephy though :-)

8.jpg

Armies: Blood Angels; Death Guard, Nurgle Daemons, Chaos Knights, Custodes and Harlequins.

Ciler

Ciler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,222 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Overall it still looks like 68 pages of blood angels and 12 of nids.

No, once you actually remove the datasheets for the regular SM stuff, BA only get about as much "new and updated" content as we did, which is still less than C:SM primgenitors got. And, same as us, they have to pay more for it.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. Revelations 6:8
BT Album link, Thread on the BT subforum, Thread on the TS subforum, TS album link.

Angel_of_Blood

Angel_of_Blood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 288 posts

So the update to the chapter tactic is +1 to the charge roll. Thoughts?

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,374 posts

Alright I skipped SS82 video review to the DC Intercessors. Be prepared to be even more underwhelmed, guys.

• one model in 5 can take an auxiliary grenade launcher same as regular Intercessors
  • No sergeant equivalent

The important take aways here are that the "second melee weapon" is really just a chainsword, not a TH or such, the unit has max LD of 7 because there's no Sergeant equivalent and finally, the most ridiculous thing, a DC Intercessor with Thunderhammer has the EXACT same amount of attacks than an Intercessor Sergeant with Thunderhammer and after the first round of combat even one less since black rage runs out while the sergeant buff doesn't.

I'd still be all over the option to take more than single cc weapon in an intercessor squad, but don't even get that.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

• No sergeant equivalent

I'd still be all over the option to take more than single cc weapon in an intercessor squad, but don't even get that.

I know right. It's like kicking them when they were already on the ground.

• Marshal Loss and Doctor Perils like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,138 posts

WE HAVE VETERAN INTERCESSORS!!! I AM SO HAPPY

• Panzer likes this

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

Who needs DC Intercessors (in the current form) anyway! :D 

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 590 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

It's amazing? Doing jumps of joy? Thank the Angel?

Super excited for it to be honest.

Who needs DC Intercessors (in the current form) anyway! biggrin.png

Sadly this looks to be the case. Just gonna stick with regular Intercessors I suppose!

Edited by Aztek, 30 November 2019 - 02:55 PM.

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 513 posts

So would these intercessors have gold helmets, if we follow BA codex paint scheme?

Edited by happyslugger, 30 November 2019 - 03:25 PM.

8.jpg

Armies: Blood Angels; Death Guard, Nurgle Daemons, Chaos Knights, Custodes and Harlequins.

Dumah

Dumah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 641 posts

So would these intercessors have gold helmets, if we follow BA codex paint scheme?

I would say yes.

I write things:

What Chapter Am I: A Fan Fiction Guessing Game

The Squiggly Beast that Could

Orks Iz Best

Beakiez iz okay, too...

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,138 posts

Yep!

Going to look at doing a unit shortly :D

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 513 posts

Yep!

Going to look at doing a unit shortly biggrin.png

May do a 5 man unit of these and 5 man DC unit....

8.jpg

Pathstrider

Pathstrider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 244 posts
I saw points values in that video - does this mean we don’t have to buy chapter approved, or is it only for the new stuff?

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,265 posts

I saw points values in that video - does this mean we don’t have to buy chapter approved, or is it only for the new stuff?

I believe it is only for the new stuff but I am prepared to be mistaken. There are other changes (like Inceptor points drops) that don't fit in PA3 so I am assuming they will be in CA19.
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,265 posts

Positive.

We hit hard in combat and will hit even harder now. The issue has been getting there reliably. +1" doesn't sound like a lot but it makes quite a bit of difference. The odds of making a 9" charge from Reserves is only 28% (48% with a reroll). The chance of making an 8" charge is significantly higher at 42% (82% if you have rerolls).

It is enough to make charging out of Reserves a viable tactic, even without DOA. Even relatively small squads can now do serious damage. Take 5 DC with JP, CS and BP (which have got a 10% price drop to boot). If they drop in from Reserves with Lemartes on Turn 3, they will make their charge 82% of the time and will hit with 30 attacks with full rerolls and +1 to Wound. Imagine 3 squads dropping in and multi-charging yet costing only 90 points per squad. Chuck a power fist in each squad and it is still under 100 points but can threaten pretty much anything. Even small cheap squads can make amazing clean-up crews on Turn 3.
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users