Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blood and Talons PA 3

• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

Oh hello.

fd7757a8.jpg

For all the teasers of teasers of trailers and not wanting to say things that we know, they aren't being exactly subtle about it either.

• SufficientAnonymity likes this

RedemptionNL

RedemptionNL

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,586 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
He's look quite healthy in that art, considering that before his Primaris upgrade he's usually described as basically a walking corpse.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,961 posts

Oh hello.

fd7757a8.jpg

For all the teasers of teasers of trailers and not wanting to say things that we know, they aren't being exactly subtle about it either.

Looking more and more like his father
banana

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 584 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

I really hope Blood of Baal(PA3) delivers for the Tyranids. I hope they get lots of rules and fluff as it doesn't look like they're getting any new kits.

Shadow Captain Vyper

Shadow Captain Vyper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,345 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard

He's look quite healthy in that art, considering that before his Primaris upgrade he's usually described as basically a walking corpse.

Crossing the Rubicon for the Blood Angels must involve a bit of a nip/tuck and some botox. 

"A Mind Without Purpose Will Wander in Dark Places..."

gallery_16835_13820_5804.jpggallery_6494_6331_8260.png

El_Dicko

El_Dicko

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 422 posts
  • Faction: Chaos Space Marines and Demons

There are "Darkness in the Blood" Spoilerd running around by now, especially regarding Mephiston, Dante, the Sanguinor and how the Tyranids engage the Blood Angels, which could also make their way into PA3:

https://www.reddit.c...s_in_the_blood/

Wow there’s some pretty major stuff in there! At least it’s sort of living up to the “psychic” part of the name finally.
  • G8Keeper likes this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

Darkness in the Blood has some interesting (and intense) developments and implications for Mephiston, so it might not be crossing the Rubicon that's prompted the physical change. Although it might have allowed those seemingly ongoing changes to stabilize a bit. Guess we'll see once we get the tale of his Primarisation.

If that art actually resembles the new model, that is. The faces in Space Marine art lately have a tendency to look nothing like the models.

Edited by DeadFingers, 18 November 2019 - 04:48 PM.

• Bryan Blaire and Aztek like this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

There are "Darkness in the Blood" Spoilerd running around by now, especially regarding Mephiston, Dante, the Sanguinor and how the Tyranids engage the Blood Angels, which could also make their way into PA3:

https://www.reddit.c...s_in_the_blood/

Wow there’s some pretty major stuff in there! At least it’s sort of living up to the “psychic” part of the name finally.

Darkness in the Blood is the novel. It's not directly connected to the Psychic Awakening campaigns (even though it happens in roughly the same timeframe). ;) 

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,135 posts
I swear the actual primarisation part is supposed to be covered in the next mephiston novel -which makes sense as it's out the same weekend

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

pandion40

pandion40

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 111 posts

I swear the actual primarisation part is supposed to be covered in the next mephiston novel -which makes sense as it's out the same weekend

The guy who posted the spoilers says in a post further down that the new Mephiston novel is a direct continuation of the Mephiston arc in the Dante novel, so best to read the Dante book first I guess
  • Aztek likes this

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,639 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

For some reason the feeling I'm getting is that the Blood Angels and Tyranids rules aren't going to be in any way balanced against each other and won't overlap. So if Tyranids get splinter hive fleet customization rules there will be no successor stuff for BA.

And one more thing - december WD will feature Flesh tearers so that answer to a whole succesor chapters demands - no additional rules in PA for you guys.

Flesh Tearers could very easily get a fluff article like Dark Angels got and rules in PA:3, but if they get rules in White Dwarf then that's probably going to mean little successor stuff in PA.

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,601 posts

The guy who posted the spoilers says in a post further down that the new Mephiston novel is a direct continuation of the Mephiston arc in the Dante novel, so best to read the Dante book first I guess
If you want the full story read Blood of Sanguinius, Devastation of Baal, and Revenant Crusade. Dante focuses more on Dante coming up and the setup for the Tyranid invasion and doesn't involve Mephiston nearly as much as DoB does, which has him fighting alongside the other two Librarians from the Mephiston series of books (Rhacelus and Antros).

I sort of expect City of Light, Mephiston book 3, to cover how the transformation to Primaris takes place. If not maybe a blurb with a quick explanation in PA3?

Edited by NTaW, 18 November 2019 - 10:41 PM.

• Dolchiate Remembrancer likes this

Hathor42

Hathor42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 395 posts
I like that they are showing the hivemind to be alot more sentient then they thought.

pandion40

pandion40

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 111 posts

If you want the full story read Blood of Sanguinius, Devastation of Baal, and Revenant Crusade. Dante focuses more on Dante coming up and the setup for the Tyranid invasion and doesn't involve Mephiston nearly as much as DoB does, which has him fighting alongside the other two Librarians from the Mephiston series of books (Rhacelus and Antros).
I sort of expect City of Light, Mephiston book 3, to cover how the transformation to Primaris takes place. If not maybe a blurb with a quick explanation in PA3?

When I say read Dante before the new Mephiston novel I mean the new Dante novel, Darkness in the Blood, not the original, the op of the spoiler thread on reddit says Mephiston transformes in the new Dante novel and then in another post further down he says the new Mephiston book continues directly on from the Mephiston arc in the Darkness in the Blood book. He has both books

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,601 posts
That is a bit confusing since the first book in the Guy Haley series is named Dante. I get what you're saying now, trying not to read too much off that link because I'd rather read the book.

There's still Revenant Crusade though, which takes place for Mephiston after the events of DoB. 40k's timeline is a beauty.

I guess there will just be a bit of story in PA3 to be expanded upon in the Dante sequel then.

Edited by NTaW, 19 November 2019 - 01:28 AM.

Omega-soul

Omega-soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 302 posts

Actually it's really great they managed to synchronize release dates for PA3, Darkness in the blood and City of light books and Mephiston miniature (although I suspect he was already done in this year).

Previous 2 parts got no supporting books at all.

Edited by Omega-soul, 19 November 2019 - 01:38 AM.

• Aztek likes this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

When I say read Dante before the new Mephiston novel I mean the new Dante novel, Darkness in the Blood, not the original, the op of the spoiler thread on reddit says Mephiston transformes in the new Dante novel and then in another post further down he says the new Mephiston book continues directly on from the Mephiston arc in the Darkness in the Blood book. He has both books

Which would be weird considering the (so far) accurate leaked release schedule lists the Mephiston book as released together with PA3 and the Mephiston model but not Darkness in the Blood at all so it must be coming sometime after the Mephiston book.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,135 posts
Darkness in the blood is the super ltd version. They'll not announce it beyond what they already did. Itll just appear on the store at some point. My bet is the same day as the other BA stuff

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

RedemptionNL

RedemptionNL

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,586 posts
Generally the super limited editions come around December I believe, but I'm suprised it's not announced a specific date yet. I mean it was already for sale during the weekender, so it's finished.

I suppose limited editions aren't in the leaked release list because they're direct-only, so it's still possible it gets announced soon.

Edited by RedemptionNL, 19 November 2019 - 08:42 AM.

Omega-soul

Omega-soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 302 posts

Someone at weekender said it would come in December.

So - obviously not so far from Mephiston release.

Spear of the Emperor came out in the same period last year

Nandor The Relentless

Nandor The Relentless

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 87 posts
I've been wondering, if that blood angels series that's being animated by Richard boylan might be linked to the PA 3 stuff. Would be cool.

rookie40K

rookie40K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 233 posts

I've been wondering, if that blood angels series that's being animated by Richard boylan might be linked to the PA 3 stuff. Would be cool.

Great reminder! That is in the works and would be very cool.

Chronos1985

Chronos1985

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 85 posts

Where's the Alpha Legion Brothers when you need them. I NEED SOME PA3 LEAKS.

On a side thought, I wonder if Karlean will be making an appearance in PA3 or the upcoming books. Kinda surprised we've not heard more given he's Dante's heir apparent. 

Edited by Chronos1985, 19 November 2019 - 07:07 PM.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,359 posts

I just wanna see the new Mephiston, already. Once upon a time, he was the first ever character model I ever painted.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,610 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Abaddon got better rules with his new model and he wasn't upgraded in the lore. It's possible they go all out with Mephiston.

-~Ishagu~-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users