Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Next week: Made to Ordo

Made to Order Inquisition Horus Heresy Assassins

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Casual Heresy

Casual Heresy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 359 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Since I haven’t see a topic yet.

Next week we’re getting a new wave of made to order minis based around the Inquisition with guest appearances from Kyrinov and Assassins.

In addition, the next five hardback Heresy books.

https://www.warhamme...itionMTO17Nov19

And whoever at GW made the ‘made to ordo’ joke needs a promotion.
  • Cactus likes this
"An action hero with brains? That just means that you don't run into things as often." - Douglas Henshall

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,307 posts
  • Faction: Legio Magna

Classics. Might pick up one of those female Inquisitors to accompany my new sisters

bl-logo.jpg

Sons of Horus 29th Company
ἐλεφαντάρχης

Klod

Klod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 234 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

What I noticed (I think), is that these old models got a new paintjob. They look extremely well painted. Probably to make them more attractive to buy. Just look at these guys. They even went for some NMM on the cloak of that Inquisitor.

Spoiler

Can someone confirm/deny that this is a new paintjob?

Edited by Excessus, 17 November 2019 - 08:31 PM.
Collateral damage

• Sete likes this

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,567 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Right, keep the discussion on what is being released as made to order, and don't deviate the discussion into...well you know what it was...

• battle captain corpus likes this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Beaky Brigade

Beaky Brigade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 804 posts

What I noticed (I think), is that these old models got a new paintjob. They look extremely well painted. Probably to make them more attractive to buy. Just look at these guys. They even went for some NMM on the cloak of that Inquisitor.

Spoiler

Can someone confirm/deny that this is a new paintjob?

Well there are big paint chips on the inquisitor cape so I'm assuming they wouldn't go to the effort of painting it again and leave it in that state.

Not sure where this comes from but the confessor does appear subtly different. He could be the refreshed one?

Konfessor_Missionare.gif

Edited by Beaky Brigade, 17 November 2019 - 09:06 PM.

dogfender

dogfender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,025 posts
  • Faction: Relictors
Odd they don’t have the actual model up that is used has been used for the cover twice now
  • Xenith likes this

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,522 posts

HnnnnnnnnnnnNNNNNNNNNGH, I need those Daemonhosts. I've been wanting to do some Radical Ordo Hereticus for a while, and this might push me to do it, especially with Daemonhosts being in production again for like a week. Do I save my money and have my FLGS order me a pair of new-old Daemonhosts, an Inquisitor and a box of Tempestus for Acolyte duty, or do I keep trucking on with my Custodes/Chaos projects?

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen, 18 November 2019 - 06:18 AM.

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_2719.pnggallery_30308_9518_3596.jpg

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

sairence

sairence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 551 posts
Not really fussed by the Inquisitors...never really liked the wig-lady and I have the helmeted version of the other one.

I might end up getting the Assassins range...I have the current models, but those older ones are kinda cool too.
gallery_30308_9518_8251.png

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,682 posts
If they were the Rogue Trader-era =][= then I’d have to buy them!
  • Slave to Darkness likes this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,770 posts
The confessor is really great with that paintjob, much like his contemporary from BSF.

May have to grab him as it's just suck a sick model.
  • Kierdale likes this

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,971 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

Maybe if they all weren't stand ins for the old lady from futurama then they may of been decent models.

• Shinespider likes this

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 194 posts

as much as I love the Inquisition, their old models are mostly ugly.

• Sete likes this

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,553 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Might have to buy the space Pope just for the head of his maul.

Edited by Son of Carnelian, 18 November 2019 - 05:31 PM.

• Slave to Darkness likes this

Casual Heresy

Casual Heresy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 359 posts

Classics. Might pick up one of those female Inquisitors to accompany my new sisters

I was lucky to get the three female inquisitors just before they went out of stock the first time. But I will definitely be picking up a demonhost so Eisenhorn can play Pokemon.
"An action hero with brains? That just means that you don't run into things as often." - Douglas Henshall

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,524 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Yea I need a space pope, might pick up two actually, love that mini. Could grab some Daemonhosts as well as I cba converting any. 

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 194 posts

I was lucky to get the three female inquisitors just before they went out of stock the first time. But I will definitely be picking up a demonhost so Eisenhorn can play Pokemon.

Do yourself a favor and check out Artel W's "the captive unleashed" instead.

• Casual Heresy likes this

ZaelART

ZaelART

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 126 posts
Tempted by the assassins depending on price, wish the old-old vindicare and eversor were going on sale though.

Only other tempting model is Kyrinov and as others have said a daemonhost for Eisenhorn. Though the Artel W model is vastly superior, always good to have a GW model for use in an official store.

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 537 posts

as much as I love the Inquisition, their old models are mostly ugly.

"Thou Shalt NOT avert thine eyes!"

I've been thinking about trying to build an Inquisitor and his retinue based on Mozgus and his disciples from Berserk's Conviction Arc for a while now, and these old Inquisitor models could definitely be useful for spicing up that plan...

plus just some good old collecting of archaic goodies.

• Slave to Darkness and Filkarion like this

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 352 posts
  • Faction: Sublime Sound Seekers

I've been thinking about trying to build an Inquisitor and his retinue based on Mozgus and his disciples from Berserk's Conviction Arc for a while now, and these old Inquisitor models could definitely be useful for spicing up that plan...

PLEASE DO! I have always thought those guys would fit perfectly in the setting

Edited by Filkarion, 20 November 2019 - 01:37 PM.

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpgETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gifETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Xenos_Tyranigallery_48988_15465_18674.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15808_16184.pngMy Sublime Sound Seekers Slaanesh army

The Skull Knight

Casual Heresy

Casual Heresy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 359 posts

Do yourself a favor and check out Artel W's "the captive unleashed" instead.

As lovely as Artel’s work is, I mostly play at Games Workshops, so need official models. Plus I like a lot of the older metal models.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,725 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Eisenhorn and Greyfax are the best 40k Inquisitor models GW ever made, imo.
  • quasistellar likes this

-~Ishagu~-

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 194 posts

Eisenhorn and Greyfax are the best 40k Inquisitor models GW ever made, imo.

The inquisitor with inferno pistol is pretty good if you like that classic witch hunter hat style.  Greyfax is great but her pose could be a little more dynamic.  I should buy another one just to change it up.

I also really like Hector Rex and Solomon Lok, but that's Forgeworld.

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,522 posts

If I pick up an Inquisitor, it'll be the bolt pistol/power sword guy with the half-power armor.

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_2719.pnggallery_30308_9518_3596.jpg

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 808 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

If I pick up an Inquisitor, it'll be the bolt pistol/power sword guy with the half-power armor.

you mean one with the helmet?

Be sure to check sword arm connection, mine needed some repairs.

• Zephaniah Adriyen likes this

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,522 posts

you mean one with the helmet?

Be sure to check sword arm connection, mine needed some repairs.

Yeah, that one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Made to Order, Inquisition, Horus Heresy, Assassins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users