Considering a Deathwatch Force

Montford

I was looking through the Deathwatch box sets on the GW site and I wante to ask those familiar with Deathwatch if the Marines in the following sets:

-Start Collecting

-Black Spear Strike Force

-Deathwatch Army

-Kill Team Cassius

Are these Marines the standard (non-Primaris) models? I think they are but I am not 100% positive.

They are the old models but scale well as mk8 errant armour is almost mk10 Primaris scale.

Likely why your not 100% sure.

Deathwatch are a fun army to use, what you need to think of if your not just thinking of an allied force is what your looking for the force to do, you can still mix and match old and new but I find you need to plan around an all comers force or a theme and build based on that.

They are the old models but scale well as mk8 errant armour is almost mk10 Primaris scale.

Deathwatch are a fun army to use, what you need to think of if your not just thinking of an allied force is what your looking for the force to do, you can still mix and match old and new but I find you need to plan around an all comers force or a theme and build based on that.

The Inquisition just got an update do perhaps that might be a theme to build on, at least partially. 

When I started out I got start collecting and kill team cassius. I thought the KT would be good as a whole but it's been said they're better using them to fill out other squads, like you get a chaplain, librarian some jump packs so all and all not bad and the sculpts are cool. But I've found from lurking around here you want to really arm them certain ways. I just recently got a 2nd start collecting cause there was a deal on ebay and the one that comes with the corvus blackstar too. Since alot of people use Storm Bolters and Shields so I was gonna arm them with those. All those boxes are non primaris, so if you plan on fielding them figure it out now before you buy it all.

Edited by Kolgrim DeathHowl

The Inquisition just got an update do perhaps that might be a theme to build on, at least partially.

Always a good idea, I run a full inquisition force so I also play sisters, GK and DW, sadly none of them are getting great things at the moment but I remain hopeful with the new sister rules and maybe a full foot army is now possible without the obligatory remortgage. ;)

Just find is your more Puritan or radical and build that way, try and make supporting characters, think about the watch fortresses relationship with th inquisitor and try to build the force to match, banners, honours, rare tech, xeno Clair's, trophies, think where they have been and make a narrative, once you have that to build around those spare bits start to look like ideas.