Malal

xenomorph_21

ok, Malal, chaos god No.5, God of anarchy.

Does he have legions of followers, if so what is the colour scheme of their armour?

And what would be his chosen (ie Khorne has beserkers)?

Fluff?

Is there any other info that could be useful?

I might start a DIY army that follows Malal. But only if the fluff would work.

Thanks

Alright, here goes, Malal was thrown out of the EoT by the other chaos gods, his scheme is black and white bisected, his symbol is a half black half white bisected skull, and he sometimes joins (very) radical inquisitors in their hunt against chaos. He hates chaos and his temple has a restrained bloodthirster unable to kill, a keeper of secrets cut off from all sensation, a lord of change in an unchanging stasis thingy, and a great unclean one in a vat of lysol. His warriors first carried the dreadaxe and his sacred number is 11. Malal warbands are very small but very elite. I think thats just about it....

Want to hear something strange and mystical?

bear with me I may be babbling.

Alpha Legion....

I think they serve Malal without even knowing it.

Think about it.

They revolted against the Imperium because they were always treated as the 'youngest' chapter. The underdog. The runt of the litter. Put down by the Ultramarines Primarch after showing off their capabilities.

They have a complex (Sorta) all of Alpha Legion seems as though they are trying to prove something. They turned on the Word bearers and will stamp out any anyone (Friend od foe) who seeks to prevent their reign of utter revolt, confusion and chaos.

The followers of Malal act in secret, Alpha Legion claim to be the masters of subversion. Also The sons of Alpharius seldomly act as one. That means simply that each part of their command is separate, meaning that they all have one goal but each of the great companies acts separaetly to the rest. They use the forces of Chaos to their own ends but do not 'worship' them persay.

Okay. So Alpha legion isn't dedicated to destroying all things chaos.

It's an Interesting theory though.

Also the Fallen Angels that serve under Cypher are clearly all servants of Malal.

They serve alonside Chaos forces only to abandon them and move to the Imperiums side. Cypher speaks to Abaddon but his interference in the Eye of Terror campaign ultimaetly helped the Imperium. Also if you read the masterful gathering of angels novel by Shadowguard Cypher helped the Dark Angels in their final assault against Dragien.

And many a time Cypher and his followers have killed and assaulted Chaos followers.

I'm actually kinda sleepy right now so my thoughts are scattered right now.

But I'm sure you get the point.

It's just a thought.

Apologies to the Alpha Legionnaires.

I know you guys are pure Chaos evilnesssss :devil:

Alpha Legion....

I think they serve Malal without even knowing it.

Think about it.

They revolted against the Imperium because they were always treated as the 'youngest' chapter. The underdog. The runt of the litter. Put down by the Ultramarines Primarch after showing off their capabilities.

They have a complex (Sorta) all of Alpha Legion seems as though they are trying to prove something. They turned on the Word bearers and will stamp out any anyone (Friend od foe) who seeks to prevent their reign of utter revolt, confusion and chaos.

The followers of Malal act in secret, Alpha Legion claim to be the masters of subversion. Also The sons of Alpharius seldomly act as one. That means simply that each part of their command is separate, meaning that they all have one goal but each of the great companies acts separaetly to the rest. They use the forces of Chaos to their own ends but do not 'worship' them persay.

Okay. So Alpha legion isn't dedicated to destroying all things chaos.

It's an Interesting theory though.

Uhh no.

Alpha legion spread chaos and anarchy through the imperium only. They have a rivalary with the Word Bearer cult members and thats only because the word bearers teach a different dogma than alpha legion.

Also all chaos worshippers act in secret until they are ready to over throw the government not just the alpha legion. Thirdly most of the legions don't operate together anyways - world eaters, Emperor's children etc.. - its just not possible for any malal worshipers anymore.

Acrtually at one dark time Argrath the curroptor and myself where launching a series of Malal stories exploring the idea of members (generally lone marines, maybe squads and at least one whole company) of every legion turning to him at one point.

To me Malal is more subtle then the average chaos god. He lets the universe turn and calls to those he feels will respond when they are ready. Hence as your freinds lay dead beside you and the laughter of the worshippers of chaos ring out he calls to you. Promises of venagnce beyond imagining. Power to ensure it... :lol:

I really got to get bac to writing trials and failures... Shame Argy faded from this reality(Did I lock him into the temple of Malal and forget to let him out?). He was really useful for helping pound out ideas with and a massive source for inspiration. Not to mention a hell of a proff reader. If another would be williung to take his place I might be able to complete this unholy tale exploring what it means to become a champion of Malal, how is daemons operate, and DC's utrter deeps of insanity.

I see Malal as a god of cold hate and revenge. His followers have nothing left to them save revenge. Death is too quick and they seek to cover their pain with the torment of those who caused it. This is what it meant to be a Malal worshipper to DC. And just as they suffer so does Malal. And he hates the chaos gods.

Lastly I aplogize for my late reply on this topic (despite being mentioned by name, By Malal that's an ego trip) but I usually skip the sticky topics.

the closest chapter to following Malal would have to be the Night Lords in my opinion...or the Omega Warriors (they've got a black and white split pattern!). Anyway, Malal is the contradiction...he's the balancing act of the Chaos star and he works against every power to keep things in check. As such, he is subtle...but his followers are powerful and few (hopefully not so few that I have to max out Daemonic gifts on any/everything)...but they're tough as nails no matter what. I see the Fallen as being potential Malalites and probably LatD Champions as being more likely Malalites than whole companies of marines. I see Malal's followers as having a strong central figure and a bunch of fanatical mutants and guardsmen who hate chaos for what it did to their homes...but having left the imperium because it cannot protect them. Perhaps they're fearless...perhaps they just hate the enemy and will retreat to effectively make a counteroffensive. Anyway, Malal is the only Chaos power I personally like.

malal soundsl like a cool idea, and i would have to agree that the sons of malice would worship them. i mean really, sons of MALice following MALal, with the split black and white color scheme. if i ever make another army, it will probably be them. and this is random, but i think they should be able to have plasma cannons in their havoc and maybe even tactical squads, like the DA. ahhhh i have to focus, i just started an EC army and now i wanna play malal. imagine how cool their dreadnoughts would look. . . :D

Ill proof read if you ever need someone Dark Champion...

And really thats all i have to contribute to this topic. I submerged myself in the fluff long after malal and the other 3 minor gods petered out...

why didnt they go with malal? do you know the actual reason? oooo SPEACH!!! i mean yeah what hapened coz its a bit stupid to let go because it would give alot of plot opnings then we might actualy get some boneses for being folowers of the great malal :angry: fun fun but downpoints BOOO!!!

anywho id look forward to it so would most ppl i guess but YYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!??????!!!!!!

ME :)

no excuse really they should bring it in and make it official an all really its just stupid not to.

ME <_<

They can't. GW no longer owns the rights to Malal. Even if they could bring him back, it's unlikely that they would, as Be'lakor seems to be Malal's "replacement," so to speak..

Archived