Malal

xenomorph_21

Apparently they used to have a Malal force way back when I think it may have been in 2nd ed, Each marine was extremly elte, but they had no HQs, because besides being the enamy unto itself, it is the god of anarchy. This information is hearsay however I can't prove any of it.

• 2 weeks later...
Although Malal was a really cool idea, i know for a fact that GW no longer owns the rights to using him as the person that invented him owned the patent(or copyright whatever it is) and decided to leave GW because of this GW could no longer use him and he was kinda never heard of again in the GW universe.

Hey,

i think it would be fun to make a Malal army, but what do you think the greater Daemon would be like?

i was thinking a conversion with the body of the skaven rat daemon(different tail of course) and the head of a dragon would be good.

and what do you think his title would be?

the Master of Rebellion mabye?

...would he even have demons? i mean, if he hates chaos, and demons are pratically made from chaos, wouldn't that be redundent (sp)

anyway, i think the idea would be cool if done right...in fact, the 13th Company list would be a nice substitute (Wulfen = those driven mad by chaos Wolf Lord = Bringer of Malice...something like that...i just don't think the chaos list would be very good considering Malal hates chaos... but then again, he is a chaos god......great, now i have a headache ;) )

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, has anyone considered Cypher being under the sway of Malal? Think about it, he messes with the Empire causing riots in Cadia, but also causes trouble with abaddon, causing a huge ruckus in that part of the universe. I mean, maybe he and the rest of the Fallen were saved/sucked into the warp by Malal...they did rebel against the lion, they're black with white insignia (or black and red, the original colors of the yin-yang) they show up randomly and leave destruction in their path...i dont know, maybe this is just me.

With the codex being reprinted this year maybe there will be something about malal in it, he sound quite cool and if I ever make a chaos army it be his. On a side note his minions should be similar to grey knights since they will kill anything chaos, even their own.

I think there is a reference to him in the latest WD (At least latest here in Australia....)

It in the article called "The Good, The Bad and The Possessed"

Near the end (3rd Last Paragraph) to mentions the following...

My seers were rendered near senseless, so devastating was the level of Warp-realspace distortion that had been unleashed. They raved as madmen of ghosts and daemons, Sisters entraped within a screaming cage, of the coming of the Lord of Excess and of Chaos turned brutally against itself by a mortal thrice born.

From what Ive read, that sounds like Malal to me...

And on the topic of making a Malal Army, I read somewhere a set of rules for a Malal Army.

hahaha this is a little late i know

but i know, somewhere, i think in 2nd edition

there was a 40k timeline which mentioned an inquisitor found, what could be the 5th chaos god. im veryveyr sure i read this, but i cant remember from where........

I think there is a reference to him in the latest WD (At least latest here in Australia....)

It in the article called "The Good, The Bad and The Possessed"

Near the end (3rd Last Paragraph) to mentions the following...

My seers were rendered near senseless, so devastating was the level of Warp-realspace distortion that had been unleashed. They raved as madmen of ghosts and daemons, Sisters entraped within a screaming cage, of the coming of the Lord of Excess and of Chaos turned brutally against itself by a mortal thrice born.

From what Ive read, that sounds like Malal to me...

And on the topic of making a Malal Army, I read somewhere a set of rules for a Malal Army.

The "thrice born" reference is in regards to the SOB from Warhammer monthly.

I did an article about creating a Malal army using the chaos codex for LD10(which is still down) :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the old Warhammer Fantsay roleplay book has some info on Malal, and I'm quite sure it mentions his demons as well.

So does anybody have access to that book, and more importantly, what would his demons look like?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i was Just Thinking and i Realised Malal Seems very Floored(sp) He Hates Chaos And Strives to Destroy it yet he is made from the very Stuff of Chaos so in the End he would have to Consume himself which is a tad bad and also he is the God of the Down Trodden so HOW can he have Champions they'd only get Bumbed off by those below him so Malal Armies Could Never really Gather....Well thats My 3 pence

i was Just Thinking and i Realised Malal Seems very Floored(sp) He Hates Chaos And Strives to Destroy it yet he is made from the very Stuff of Chaos so in the End he would have to Consume himself which is a tad bad and also he is the God of the Down Trodden so HOW can he have Champions they'd only get Bumbed off by those below him so Malal Armies Could Never really Gather....Well thats My 3 pence

Sounds like you just figured out the basics of Malal.

I do think Malal armies can gather, but are unlikely to stay together after a battle.

Most likely Malal champions live alone though.

I agree with whoever it was who said that Malal is the god that balances out the others.

I mean, I'm sure most of you have noticed that all the Chaos Powers seem to be the flaws in our psyches.

Namely,

Khorne: Pride (also famous for bloodlust)

Nurgle: Ruin/ Decay/ things toppling down to their ends (famous for desease)

Slaanesh: Depravity/ Perversion (also excess)

and finally Tzeentch: Power/ Change (also magic)

It seems only fair that there should be a Chaos power devoted to self-loathing and distain of one's own flaws (or their own flaws manefested in others).

It sounds just right to have a god to harbour all the wretched and disenchanted peoples.

Wow, now I'm depressed... ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chaosvirus

Even if malal still existed, he would be a pathetic god

Ok if we assume that he was the first chaos god, maybe one which existed before even the ctan maybe (just going by the old creation stoires like norse, which told

of a chaos beast which was what the universe was born from). Now at this stage he was pure undiluted chaos and probably the strongest warp entity.

Now at the war of heavens, the other chaos gods was made, the first being khorne, born from the hate between the races of ctan, old ones, and elder, next being tzzench and nurgle.

Now as each chaos god was born, malals power would be diluted (a bit like the way concentarted fruit juice is).

Every chaos god would be born from his fabric which is pure chaos, then as each one is born, he would be weakened greatly.

As they grow in strength he would slowly die, till the point his power has been equely distributed between the chaos gods.

Now with khorne being born, he still was strongest, with tzzench and nurgle, he became the weakest, with slaanesh being born,

he was so weak that slaanesh could kick him out.

Now even though he does not officially exist anymore, there are many items which scream malals power is still present,

if only in miniture amounts, dread axes are a weapon made by malal originally, and contain some of his power.

Another is that new relictors, deamon weapon which kills deamons (it says it is a weapon which hates all things deamon).

Now with his power so diluted and taken by the big 4, and even maybe minor gods, why would he be a good char?

well he may be able to cause war between chaos, but apart from that he is a slowly dying god, and his power only exists in petty amounts, I know it is a pain that games workshop lost him, but even then would games workshop even use him if they did not lose him?

That's quite a strange take on it. ;)

Malal was meant to be the god that represented the oppressed and dissillusioned dregs of society wasn't he?

That would imply that he was created after the others (though before Slaanesh).

Also, Tzeentch was the first Chaos God.

Tzeentch embodies mutability and change, the drive to evolve and manipulate. This spirit is present in the essense of every living creature from the first division of cells within the womb to the ultimate craving for survival.

Khorne was not the first, but is the most dominant.

This is just my own take on it though.

• 2 weeks later...

I picture a LatD army full of Traitors (disenchanted Guardsmen?) and the odd Sons of Malice Chaos Space Marine. If they rarely band togather, LatD should be perfect as there are only a limited number, and they lead your army.

You could also use Gibbering Hordes to represent minor Malalian daemons (skittering across the battlefield, badmouthing Chaos all the way).

And finally, I think Furies are just perfect for Malal. The vengeful and capricous daemons not aligned to any of the major powers.

Archived