How do you guys feel about Assassins?

Kolgrim DeathHowl

I field an assassin in pretty much every game I play.

For 85 points (and 2cp) you get the option at deployment to include a single assassin that can make a real difference. In higher point games I have run all 4 which is fun but more of a points investment at 340. The vindicare has done some great work for me and pretty much never fails to win his points back. The eversor is an absolute blender that opponents rightly fear. The culexus and callidus are a little more niche but again have done good work for me.

If you haven't read the FLG articles I would highly recommend it. I can't post links for some reason but if you google 'callidus frontline gaming', 'eversor frontline gaming' etc. you will find them.

Including 1 in an army is usually... what's the word... clutch? You can almost always fill a gap with them. The Eversor is my go to for back line havoc. The culexus has been really good for me when I don't run librarians but inquisitors are making me rethink things. I want the callidus still and I think it will do well in all kinds of situations.... especially with GSC and the new space marine supplements out and about. I have not been able to use the vindicare but have heard so many good things.

Edited by Mobius0288

I normally only run 1 assassin but they are too good to leave at home.

I the culexus is great against psyker heavy armies and the Calidus is good at draining cp points, eversor is good but I never use him as he is good at killing large numbers of low save models and that we have in spades thanks to our guns.

The vindicare is king however, I normally run him in an auxiliary because I know I'm going to use him and it costs 1cp instead of. 2.

He is good at removing pesky buffs alike shoot again banners, etc and his ability to gain you cp is great.

I would be temped by the new marine snipers but as we don't get access I believe this is our best option.

Edited by Duke Danse Macabre