Bright/Lime green eldar with contrast?

Xenith

Hi all, I've had an eldar army for ages, but my chosen colour scheme was a bit of a pain and kind of looked flat. I still have a bunch of models and wouldn want to smash them out as fast as possible, and I think contrast may be the solution. I was wodering if anyone had achieved a bright lime, almost neon green colour with contrasts? Most of them seem to be darker greens. Would I have to prime with yellow first maybe?

Photo of the shade id be happy with below. This isnt my model, but close to my scheme. All my eldar photos were lost in the Photobucket Rhana Dandra. 

Thanks!

Xen

23596564_525684047796100_120514720741457

Photo from here

https://www.webstagramsite.com/media/BbhH5hald-6

I found this online (credit Goonhammer) which is apparently Warp Lightning 50/50 with Contrast Medium over Wraithbone spray.

20190618_111215815_iOS.jpg

Seems like it might be a good place to start from?

That's actually super, thanks Hal! I wonder if that over the yellow base would work? It seems the right shade, but I'd rather get a yellower hightlight over the whiter look of the raised areas on that ork.

You'd want to go REALLY pale with the yellow, something like GWs Dorn Yellow or Vallejo Ice Yellow.

Also, it's worth doing some tests, but basically with a mixture or airbrush flow improver, Contrast Medium and any acrylic paint you like you can get a pretty similar outcome to the Contrast Paints in whatever colour you want.

Rik

I found this online (credit Goonhammer) which is apparently Warp Lightning 50/50 with Contrast Medium over Wraithbone spray.

20190618_111215815_iOS.jpg

Seems like it might be a good place to start from?

That's actually super, thanks Hal! I wonder if that over the yellow base would work? It seems the right shade, but I'd rather get a yellower hightlight over the whiter look of the raised areas on that ork.

Cutting down on how much Contrast Medium is in the mix will help with that.The contrast experiments thread has a neat breakdown from a Spanish blog (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/356485-initial-contrast-experiments-from-us-all/?p=5332810) with this for Warp Lightning.

gallery_116407_15011_77258.jpg

They used to make Scorpion Green that was super bright. There are bright greens from other brands including fluorescent colors that can be toned down with washes. I have a bright fluorescent green from Golden that looks awesome in person.