Raven Guard litanie: Swift as the Raven

Kouran

Hi,

Our chapter litanie has been leaked:

Select one RG unit at 6" of the model, that unit can shoot in the same turn it feel back. If the unit has the FLY keyword can charge in the turn it feel back. 

It is not clear if the unity that can fly can shoot and also charge, there is not "or" so I guess it can. What do you think about it?

And as a related matter what do you think now of a Chaplain with master of ambush and being able  to cast 2 litanies (1cp to make it Master of Sanctity)?

If he is  Master of Sanctity you could also give him WL trait Wise Orator for rerolling failed inspiring tests and being more reliable.

I have the feeling that the MoA bomb with a Master Chaplain and either Agressor or Assault Cent is going to be very interesting!

Edited by Kouran

1. Fly troops already can fall back and shoot, hence why the Litany doesn't cover this

This litany is given "for free" to all designated chapters (and I believe successors), so it doesn't "cost" us anything. Not nearly as strong as the White Scars trait, but since it doesn't cost anything, it's a nice tool to have

I think Master of Sanctity is excellent, and I expect it to get a lot of play

Warlord trait is nice, but Raven Guard have so many strong Warlord traits I doubt it'll get used

The thing about a MoA bomb, is that unless your opponent is castled up, there won't be anything to charge. And if he is castled up, odds are you will not want to charge, especially if they are playing Tau. The other thing is that they will get shot right off the board next turn, unless there is something else for your opponent to shoot at. It is best used to take out a flank, and to grab whatever objective(s) are there.

The upgraded Chaplain may be good for that, but maybe the upgraded Apothecary would be an option too. We need to see if he just gets boosted healing like the upgraded Techmarine, or if he gets boosted revival. Revive on a 3+ with d3 wounds wound be fantastic on a unit of Aggressors.

The thing about a MoA bomb, is that unless your opponent is castled up, there won't be anything to charge. And if he is castled up, odds are you will not want to charge, especially if they are playing Tau. The other thing is that they will get shot right off the board next turn, unless there is something else for your opponent to shoot at. It is best used to take out a flank, and to grab whatever objective(s) are there.

The upgraded Chaplain may be good for that, but maybe the upgraded Apothecary would be an option too. We need to see if he just gets boosted healing like the upgraded Techmarine, or if he gets boosted revival. Revive on a 3+ with d3 wounds wound be fantastic on a unit of Aggressors.

The whole book has been spoiled. He basically gets to activate twice now, so: 

1. Resurrect Twice
  2. Heal Twice
  3. Resurrect once and heal once

Of course the wording is utter garbage (as is typical with GW) so it will likely require an FAQ/Errata in a couple of weeks.

That being said, there's nothing forcing you to choose. You can upgrade both and have both in your list (along with all the others), you just can't have more than one Master of Sanctity, etc.

When you say: "The thing about a MoA bomb, is that unless your opponent is castled up, there won't be anything to charge. And if he is castled up, odds are you will not want to charge, especially if they are playing Tau."

If you have first turn, you can dump your Aggressors/Cents 9" away from the enemy, move up (now you're 4/5 inches away), blow away a screen (or two) and charge whats behind it, easily. 6 Assault Centurions cost 312 points, can delete 60 Ork boys quite easily, and then tag something expensive (And by tag I mean easily one round almost any unit in the game). On your opponents turn: Transhuman physiology is incredibly strong to get value out of their lives. There have been multiple RG Successor lists that do a combination of this and Strike from the Shadows. The reality is that if your enemy is pinned in his DZ by 18 Centurions or 25 Aggressors, it no longer becomes a gimmick that just gets blown off the board. 

Don't have first turn? No biggie, park them in cover near your opponents DZ in effective range, and laugh as they try to dig them out.