Our faq is up

jeremy1391

Shield unwavering is already infantry only. Now it doesn't affect invulnerable saves.

Nothing too serious for us from this. Interesting that the siege cohort is only for "real" Imperial Fists - thought that's what people were assuming anyway. Nerfing it to still-incredibly-powerful levels is probably fine, though it's bizarre that it now doesn't work on buildings. They don't exist, so it's not really a nerf, but isn't the entire point of these guys to do sieges?

they should make better rules for terrain so the whole "building" keyword actually has relevancy. They also didn't answer my question of if crimson fists can take relics of the fist. The way its worded is unclear to me.

they should make better rules for terrain so the whole "building" keyword actually has relevancy. They also didn't answer my question of if crimson fists can take relics of the fist. The way its worded is unclear to me.

The description on taking relics on P58 says nothing about changing the Chapter allocation of the relics - so that rule does not allow a Crimson Fists character to take an Imperial Fists relic or visa versa. They can only take Relics of the Fist which have the Crimson Fist chapter named on them.

The Champion of Blades stratagem does change the Chapter name on a relic so if you use that stratagem you can take an Imperial Fists relic on a Crimson Fists character and the chapter allocation on the relic is changed to be Crimson Fists. 

They didn't answer my questions either.

Here's what I wrote:

Hi,

As a Crimson Fist player, I have found a couple of points in the newly released Codex Supplement: Imperial Fists confusing.

The Stratagem ‘Sentinel of Terra’ grants a non-named character warlord an additional Warlord Trait from the Imperial Fists Warlord Traits table (pg 57). If my Warlord is a Crimson Fist, is this additional trait still to come from the Imperial Fists table, or should it instead come from the Crimson Fists table on the same page? I believe the answer is Imperial Fists, but I want to be sure I’m not misinterpreting the interaction of these rules.

The Special-Issue Wargear item ‘Gatebreaker Bolts’ does not mention any interaction with the chapter tactics of Siege Masters or No Matter the Odds. Both generate additional hits on an unmodified hit roll of 6, as does the stratagem ‘Bolter Drill’. Gatebreaker bolts generate D3 wound rolls if you hit. If a character utilizing Gatebreaker Bolts and the Bolter Drill stratagem rolls a 6 to hit, how many wound rolls does he make?

1. D3
  2. D3+2
  3. 3D3

I believe the answer is C, but again I want to be sure.

Thanks! I look forward to the upcoming FAQ to confirm or correct my understanding of these points.

Don't forget that Indomitable from the Vigilus detachment no longer exists. That was a really nice way to give a ton of stalker intercessors and centurions cover in any circumstance

How does it no longer exist?

Don't forget that Indomitable from the Vigilus detachment no longer exists. That was a really nice way to give a ton of stalker intercessors and centurions cover in any circumstance

How does it no longer exist?

FAQ stated that warlord traits and relics from Vigilus detachment that share the same name with items from the IF supplement are no longer valid.  In this case Indomitable and the Eye of Hypnoth must be used from the supplement instead of the Vigilus detachment.

Old news but unsure if y'all caught it but:

The Warhammer Community Article talking about the Infiltrator Plastic Kit release mentioned using IF Tactics and getting 2 Auto-Wounds per 6 via our CT.

...which had since been nerfed to not really being a thing due to the infinite loop interaction people were trying to shenanigans into being.