Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kirkham's Log - For Macragge

ultramarines advice battle reports progress log

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

NKirkham24

NKirkham24

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Deathwatch

So, this is my first post on Bolter & Chainsword.

I’ve been a long time lurker, but finally thought I’d share what I’ve been up to. I’ll use this thread as a log for my Ultramarine forces, which is my primary collection.

I’ve been interested in the hobby ever since I was a kid, and collected various things since then, but I’ve only really been playing for the last couple of years.

I have a mate locally who also plays, so I manage to get the odd game in each month. We don’t use mega competitive armies, just try various units and combos trying to keep it fluffy, although we are looking in to some local tournaments, and i'm considering going to a birng and battle evening at my local Warhammer store in the near future.

We managed to play a couple of games today, and i managed to make some notes, so I thought I’d try and make a little bat rep which I’ll post in a moment which I hope you'll enjoy.

Any feedback on list, style of the report, etc is welcome.

I'll try and get my pictures onto the laptop and add them to the next post if possible.

• Black Blow Fly and Frater Cornelius like this
Armies: Ultramarines, Deathwatch, Custodes, Imperial Knights.
For the Emperor!

NKirkham24

NKirkham24

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts

Firstly, the lists. Since the supplement dropped, I haven’t used Guilliman, so I wanted to do a list that fitted him in. I also wanted to try a few different combos on characters, like Cassius’ litanies etc.

I took Guilliman as my warlord for the extra CP. My relic I gave the Primaris Chaplain the new Crozius, because I wanted to run him as a bit of a melee distraction, and I gave the Techmarine Seal of Oath.

For the Aeldari, my mate used a couple of the new craftworld attributes from PA1; Wrath of the Dead giving him re-roll 1s on his Wraith constructs, and Warding Runes for a 5+ vs MW. His Warlord took Seer of the Shifting Vector for a free re-roll per turn.

Ultramarines Guilliman & Sons – 2000 points

Battalion Detachment

3x HQs

Chaplain Cassius – Litany of Faith, Recitation of Focus

Chief Librarian Tigurius – Scryers Gaze, Telepathic Assault, Empyric Channelling

Primaris Chaplain – Mantra of Strength, Relic - Benediction of Fury

4x Troops

Infiltrators – 5 man

Intercessors – 5 man, stalker bolt rifles, auxiliary grenade launcher, sergeant w/Chainsword

Intercessors – 5 man, auto bolt rifles, auxiliary grenade launcher, sergeant w/ thunder hammer

Tacticals – 7man, 1x plasma gun in the squad

2x Heavy Support

Eliminators – 3 man with bolt sniper rifles

Whirlwind – vengeance launcher

Super Heavy Auxiliary Detachment

1x LOW

Roboute Guilliman – Warlord

Vanguard Detachment

2x HQs

Librarian in Phobos armour – Hallucination, Tenebrous Curse

Techmarine – boltgun, power axe, servo-harness, seal of oath

5x Elites

Invictor Tactical Warsuit – fragstorm grenade launcher, heavy bolter, 2x ironhail stubber, incendium cannon

Ironclad Dreadnought – dreadnought chainfist, dreadnought close combat weapon, heavy flamer, meltagun, 2x hunter killer missiles

Redemptor Dreadnought – heavy onslaught gatling cannon, heavy flamer, 2x storm bolters

Venerable Dreadnought – dreadnought close combat weapon, twin lascannon, storm bolter

Victrix Honour Guard

Aeldari Wraith Host – 1998 points

Battalion Detachment

2x HQs

Farseer – Doom, Guide, Singing Spear

Farseer – Fortune, Executioner, Witchblade

3x Troops

Dire Avengers – 5 man

Dire Avengers – 5 man

Rangers – 5 man

Vanguard Detachment

1x HQ

Wraithseer – Warlord – Deliverance, Enliven, D-cannon & Ghostspear

3x Elites

Wraithblades – 5 man – ghostaxes

Wraithblades – 5 man – ghostswords

Wraithguard – 5 man – D-scythes

2x Heavy Supports

Wraithlord - 2x shuriken cannons, 2x shuriken catapults

Wraithlord – 2x Bright lances, ghostglaive, 2x shuriken catapults

1x Dedicated Transport

Wave Serpent – shuriken cannon, twin star cannon

Super Heavy Auxiliary Detachment

Wraithknight – 2x shuriken cannons, 2x heavy wraithcannons

Edited by NKirkham24, 19 November 2019 - 11:10 PM.

• librisrouge likes this
For the Emperor!

NKirkham24

NKirkham24

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts

Terrain - The board was covered with ruined buildings, one in each quarter, with various extras like shipping container and broken walls dotted around. There was a main thoroughfare running down the centre of the board, from my deployment zone to my opponents. The objectives were placed fairy equally, 3 & 6 nearest to my deployment zone, 1 & 4 half way up the board either side of the central road, and 2 & 5 in similar positions near my opponents deployment zone.

We were playing the Tactical Gambit – Maelstrom mission and rolled Hammer and Anvil for deployment.

Deployment - I deployed my Venerable on the far right of my deployment zone, in cover for the most part, with a good line of sight diagonally across the board to the Wraithknight. The Tacticals were closer to the centre on the right, sitting on Objective 3. In the centre of my deployment zone, on the road, was both the Ironclad and Redemptor, along with the Techmarine, Guilliman, Tigurius and the Victrix Guard. To the left of these was Cassius, along with the Stalker squad. The Whirlwind hid out of sight behind a large building, with the Auto bolt rifle squad further left with the Primaris Chaplain, ready to run round the wall and jump on some objective.

My Infiltrators deployed on objective 4, halfway up the board, while the Invictor and Phobos Lib took similar positions on the right flank.

The Aeldari had the Wraithknight on my left flank, along with the 2 squads of Dire Avengers (one purple furthest left and one blue closer to the centre) and a Farseer who hid behind the building there. The two Wraithlords and the Wraithseer were quite central, while the second Farseer and the Axe Wraiths were on the right flank along with the Wave Serpent which held the sword Wraiths. The D-scythe Wraiths were in Webway strike. The Rangers deployed in cover about 9” in front of the Wave Serpent.

The Ultramarines got 1st turn and the Aeldari Failed to seize.

Deployment (1)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by NKirkham24, 21 November 2019 - 03:19 PM.

• librisrouge likes this
For the Emperor!

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,145 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
First welcome to our forum. :)

I like your army list and that was an excellent batrep thanks !
  • NKirkham24 likes this
The world would be a better place if people stopped complaining about Primaris Space Marines.
=][=
my 40k blog:https://greenblowfly.../alan-seds.html - Terminus Est - Space Marines 247=][=
wc.jpg
Blood and Honor!
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Mary_Sue Mary Sue and Plot Armor are terms used by losers

Brother Sgt. Carter

Brother Sgt. Carter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts
Well done sir. Great Batrep. Would love to see some pics included with the batrep
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

NKirkham24

NKirkham24

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts

Well done sir. Great Batrep. Would love to see some pics included with the batrep

Thanks guys!

I've edited the bat rep to add the few pics I got. Now I've got the hang of the forum, I'll try and take some more for future battles. 

• Black Blow Fly likes this
For the Emperor!

NKirkham24

NKirkham24

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts

I've not managed to get any more games in since the bat rep above, but thought i'd share some of my painted dudes. Need to a take a few more pics but i'll share when i've taken them. Feedback welcome. Thanks

Guilliman & Friends
Ancient
Successors Stalker squad
Repulsor
Primaris Lieutenant
Intercessor Sergeant

• mel_danes, Kallas and Fr33Dom like this
For the Emperor!

Fr33Dom

Fr33Dom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 970 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

Very cool mate! Love that green and white successor 

• NKirkham24 likes this

Deathwatch

W.I.P White Consuls 3rd Company

Sickness, disease, plague and pox

ETL_VI_Banner_02_Oathbraker_.jpggallery_69091_12729_13131.jpggallery_48988_15094_6323.pnggallery_48988_15094_1196.png

NKirkham24

NKirkham24

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts

Very cool mate! Love that green and white successor

A member of the Dark Sons, successors of the Novamarines. Sorry about the lighting on that one, I’ll try and get a better pic next time I have them out
For the Emperor!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ultramarines, advice, battle reports, progress log

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users