Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1250 point list for a social tournament.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Nichodemus10

Nichodemus10

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts

I am putting together a list for a social tournament and looking for some assistance. Currently I am looking at using the swarmlord and genestealers combined with a flyrant and gargoyles to deepstrike and clean up some loose bits, and I have some extra points and hopeful for suggestions on what to fill them with.

My list current list

Swarmlord -250

Flyrant

Wings, 4 devourers, -218

Genestealers x19 -228

4 acid Maw

Genestealers x19 -228

4 acid Maw

Rippers x3 -33

Gargoyles x30 -180

Which leaves me with 113 points left. What should I spend them on? I am currently thinking more troops rippers/gaunts, but don't like my amount of synapse for that; Otherwise killing the swarmlord early could really hurt me, so I may want some tyrant guard for him on turn one; with a their option being that I really would benefit from some shooting and could add some hiveguard. With those being my first three thoughts I do have a lot of other options (though I don't have a broodlord model so that is the one thing that makes sense but I can't do). Any help would be appreciated.

The primary missions are hold most of 4 objectives on last turn, hold most objectives each turn, earn the most kills points, and select four priority targets in your opponents list and get points for killing each of those units. The primary mission in each game will be determined by roll off with one player selecting the mission that is most advantageous to them.

Secondary objectives are kill multiple units in one turn, have more units outside of your deployment zone than your opponent, and have 3 units in your deployment zone with no enemy units, so there is some value in being able to do those, but you can select kill multiple units multiple times...it would be nice to be able to reliably do one of the other objectives.

IronDreddKnight

IronDreddKnight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 143 posts
I’m not keen on gargoyles this edition. Unless you have a plan for them, I’d consider dropping them for something with range. The flyrant is your only real treat in the shooting phase, which in 8th edition, is where the most damage is usually dealt.

Normally I’d suggest Hive guard which would be very powerful at 1250 points. But since the rest of your army is so forward focused, they might be left out of synapse range.

Consider carnifex’s, they’re extremely customisable so they can fill most roles. Why not try 2 fex’s with spore cysts, two sets of devourers and monstrous acid maw for melee. These spit out 24 S6 shots each and still kick like a mule in combat. Most importantly they’ll stay close to your synapse creatures. You can fill out the stealers and add a ripper unit with the spare points.

Nichodemus10

Nichodemus10

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts
I ended up bringing a carnifex work twin devourers and enhanced senses with my spare points. He did alright, and definitely was worth the points where as the genstealers did work, but did not eat their cost back.
The gargoyles did alright, party of the social aspect of the tournament was that it is poorly run/timed so most games only 2 or 3 rounds were played so in two game s they just came down claimed an objective while shooting someone off of theirs with shooting twice with plus 1 to wound rolls stratagems.
Games were fun and the list did work out as planned except I lost the first turn roll all the games and was not able to seize the initiative in any game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users