Orion Drop Ship Questions.

Prot

So 26 wounds isn't that hard for things like Eldar, Any of the Numarine supplements, Knights, or even a properly setup Ork list.  I'm with the Nay camp, hold off ever using this monster.  Also, let's remember this thing took the opponents entire army likely on the first turn, so the other 1500pts should be fine.  That of course implying that everything inside didn't die horribly in the forced evac.

My entire meta is Space Marines now, so a delightful mixture of Leviathan Dreadnoughts and Stormhawks.

I should note, my Orion was 1-shotted by a single IH Leviathan Dreadnought. After a forced evac he had 2 other Levi Dreads, 3 preds and 3 Stormhawks left to shoot whatever didn't die from the evac.

Eldar have no problem killing it either, nor do Tau. A lucky Ork player with Tractor Cannons might do the trick too. The general competitive meta has a tonne of anti-flier stuff now.

Edited by rcoon

I bought mine used and assembled, and just sprayed it black. The guy had to reshape a lot of the parts and clear a lot of flash, but it's a very simple model to assemble. I love mine, playing in rather rashly, it took 2000 pts of nu-Ultramarine shooting to drop it turn one. Keep it in a banner and hover it if it keeps you out of range of key threats. Stormcannons have a 32 inch range, and while you can't always avoid them due to deployment, you can usually avoid some key threats. It's tough but not invincible, and definitely benefits from their being other threats on the table. I plan to run mine with a few pallas. It's probably not a great option for serious tournament play, but plenty good for normal play. It's not an easy button though, one misplay will bite you hard. Edited by MustertheCustards

I have a buddy in the UK that plays a lot of Custodes games.

He swears by it. He did very well in the last Grand tournament heat 4 (?) finals. I haven't had the chance to go over it in depth with him but he said it's a very valuable unit for the army and if it does last even a turn it can be extremely potent as a delivery mechanism.

That said I do understand what you're saying. I play in a fairly competitive meta and I often face Riptide wing or Dark Eldar or Eldar Airshow... Astra. Really bad match ups I suppose.

I find the army in a fairly frustrating position right now. I don't know if this would help or add to that frustration. lol It's just such a beautiful model.

Edited by Prot