purity seals?

ranulf the revenant

We’re still imperial so it’s totally fine IMO. I tend to use them sparingly (we’re not Templars) but they are still a great way to add color and motion to a model.

I also like to think it’s more the heresy style oaths of moment but that’s just fluff.

Edited by PeteySödes

I thought they were prayers to the Ecclesiastes?  Which is why the armor comes with "dispensers" for battlefield sanctification of relics or some other nonsense.  They are inherently an admonition that the Astartes still fall in sway to the Cult of the Emperor.

They were used during HH, on the cover of The First Heretic a Custodes is wearing some. So doesn't have to deal with the Cult.

I think it's the image these seals transfer for me: for me they are associated with more script centered cultures like medieval christianity and are therefore more fitting for more 'monk-like' chapters. Since the image of the Wolves is rooted in a more heathen-like/shamanistic cuIture, it's hard to imagine them sitting down to write stuff on paper :D ...

I am in the camp of “these are oaths” type things, and I specifically use Futhorc on them to have the runic representation. To me, they are no different than runes being inscribed on the armor and could have a number of talismanic purposes. Perhaps the Rune Priests are the only ones that make them, and they are wards against bad luck, the evil eye, or other anathemic concepts?

YMMV, I usually keep the number very low within a squad.

I also like the idea of the keeping of sagas on them.

If a model has a couple purity seals, i tend to leave them on for a dash of colour against the blue.

The Reliquary's hanging off most of the new primaris sgt's and leftenants however, are an affront. I zealously carve them off each model and fill in the patch with miliput or replace with a press-molded talisman of some sort.

If a model has a couple purity seals, i tend to leave them on for a dash of colour against the blue.

The Reliquary's hanging off most of the new primaris sgt's and leftenants however, are an affront. I zealously carve them off each model and fill in the patch with miliput or replace with a press-molded talisman of some sort.

You mean the things that Chaplains and Terminators have pretty much always had since at least the 90s?

so, knowing that, I never go out of my way to add them but i don't remove them either... unless i am kitbashing a codex marine model that has a big obnoxious purity seal that is super garish. At that point it becomes off brand to the Space Wolves and needs to be excised.

Edited by Wispy

I shave them off if I remember.

Or pretend they are different mead recipes they trade

Brother what is your near recipe? Mine is 4 lbs honey to 1 gallon water using Lalvin d47 yeast.

4 ounces of blended blood lice and battery acid in mine! It bites!