AT news

Dark Bjoern

That's a decent set for anyone starting a knight army. Maybe get one set more of Questoris, with the upgrade sprue, and you'd be good to go. I've already  got enough knights to probbaly not need it but it would be good for bulking out numbers.

The picture is weird though. The Acastus would have to be absolutely enormous for that to make sense. And it's a shame they've shown a Questoris knght with a fist and missile launcher that aren't in the box.

If the discount on the box is good i'll most likely grab one, i wanted to get some knights in the near future anyways. If the box doesn't add up well, though, i'd rather pick them up one by one as i get them done. Then we'll need a new titan towards the end of spring. Yeah, that'd make me happy ;)

Maybe the box will contain the upgrade sprue (low probability though). Hard to tell based on the discrepancy between the box cover and the "content" picture. Value is £110 based only on the knights appearing in the picture. Curious to see if there will be an upgrade sprue or not.

A Forgeworld reply on their facebook post confirmed that the upgrade sprue will be included.

Edited by Gore Crow

Do we know when we might expect the next titan chassis? (still hoping for the Warbringer Nemesis, and no I'm not compensating)

And the next campaign book? I'm looking forward to seeing more maniples ^^

Do we know when we might expect the next titan chassis? (still hoping for the Warbringer Nemesis, and no I'm not compensating)

Nope no official word on those releases all we know is that the next book is based around Calth from a livestream. 

Unfortunately there are almost no "rumours" nowadays. It's extremely rare for us to hear about a new release before it's announced on Warhammer Community.

This is mainly because GW have changed how they operate and started showing us previews themselves. Nowadays they've generally shown us a preview of anything coming down the track a long time before it becomes available. For example we saw the design for the new FW gatling guns for the warlord many months ago, and they're only just going on sale.

That said, I did pick up on something that might indicate what an upcoming release might be (referring to the Tempestus and Atarus decal sheets):

Okay, tinfoil hat time - the two new transfer sheets released today both have a new icon alongside the those currently used to identify titan classes - you've got the fanged maw for the Warhounds, the single axe for the Reaver, the crossed Axes for the Warlord, and there's a new drawn bow icon. These are all together in the 'extra icons' section of the Legio Tempestus & Atarus sheets, and the new icon is absent from all the preexisting transfer sheets for the other Legios.

Does this indicate we've got a new class of Titan coming? The obvious candidate would be the Warbringer given that its artillery role seems fitting for the drawn bow icon, but I seem to remember the SG team was suggesting they might produce an entirely new class of titan before porting the Warbringer across?

Calth hey? Looks like Oberon was the right choice :D

In any case, even if it's another chassis thats out first (was it the "Rapier" that was mentioned?) I'll no doubt be a happy bunny ^^ I'd love it if it can come in time for Christmas though :D

Unfortunately there are almost no "rumours" nowadays. It's extremely rare for us to hear about a new release before it's announced on Warhammer Community.

This is mainly because GW have changed how they operate and started showing us previews themselves. Nowadays they've generally shown us a preview of anything coming down the track a long time before it becomes available. For example we saw the design for the new FW gatling guns for the warlord many months ago, and they're only just going on sale.

The cynic in me thinks the GW leaks were always done intentionally so that they wouldn't have to pay staff to run a website like WC.  Why pay for advertising when you can just let a ton of other websites pay for webhosting to do it for you?  Their newer spoiler policy makes a ton of sense as our demand for this stuff is entirely inelastic.  I never understood GW's secrecy policy when they have very few true competitors in this market unlike, say, Apple who operates in secrecy.  I would love to know what's coming for AT so I don't spend hours trying to convert or 3d print stuff months before actual models are released.

Nope no official word on those releases all we know is that the next book is based around Calth from a livestream.

For reals?

That's great news! I'm mid way through painting my 3rd Legio Praesagius engine!

Any timeframe?

The cynic in me thinks the GW leaks were always done intentionally so that they wouldn't have to pay staff to run a website like WC.  Why pay for advertising when you can just let a ton of other websites pay for webhosting to do it for you?  Their newer spoiler policy makes a ton of sense as our demand for this stuff is entirely inelastic.  I never understood GW's secrecy policy when they have very few true competitors in this market unlike, say, Apple who operates in secrecy.  I would love to know what's coming for AT so I don't spend hours trying to convert or 3d print stuff months before actual models are released.

They have some valid concerns about sales cannibalism, for example ive sat on some money for the knights box and Sisters release but if i hadnt known about them i probably woulod have bought the big necromunda box and possibly sold some stuff to buy the other two. Equally i held off buying stuff for aaaages based on rumours before only for that money to get eroded by life instead of splurged on toys :D 

That said i do think the FW side of the studios could benefit by coming into step with the rest of GW, leaks aside we have an idea whats roughly coming for those lines and basically no idea whatsoever whats going on with the spec games aside from whispers, which is a shame! 

I don’t know how many people blow money on an army then impulse buy another release right after they didn’t know was coming. Heck I knew AT was coming and I still bought plenty of stupid toys before it. Heck I still keep finding AT stuff in boxes I don’t remember buying.

I don’t know how many people blow money on an army then impulse buy another release right after they didn’t know was coming. Heck I knew AT was coming and I still bought plenty of stupid toys before it. Heck I still keep finding AT stuff in boxes I don’t remember buying.

I always remember that I brought them, after I notice them in the corner... At least my oldest daughter goes to school this next year so thats one less kinder garden to pay for... MOAR TITANS!