How would you change Guilliman?

emperorpants

We do have a Primarch, which is great, but there's no doubt in my mind that more will be released in the future.

Also, Ultras being less powerful than other Astartes might not be a big problem now, but it could be once other factions get new books.

Lets assume that this time next year we'll be in the midst of 9th edition, and armies like Eldar, Tau and Orks might have a new codex. If those books are built to compete with what Astartes are capable of doing through Chapters like Iron Hands, Raven Guard, etc then what will happen to the Ultras? There's a chance we won't be able to cut it on the tabletop against the Ork equivalent of the Iron Hands. This is all cyclical after all, the best codex today could well be the average codex tomorrow.

Also, looking at the Dark Angels rules they could well be another chapter that overtakes us. They even have a Warlord trait that replicates the effect of the Ultramarines super Doctrine, but is active during turn 1 and is made better by the new rules they have such as increased weapon ranges.

Guilliman and the other special characters make the Ultras unique, as I've pointed out before. My problem is that their unique abilities have been toned down, and have been handed out to other chapters in often more efficient ways.

What did mildly annoy me was how Chapter Approved increased the cost of unique units we access such as the Victrix Guard, as if they were a big problem in the game.

Am I worried about the future? Not at all. I just feel that GW may have listened a bit too much to the complainers who attacked the Ultras in the past, ultimately toning them down too much compared to other chapters. I've also learned not to worry because any faction state in the hobby is temporary.

Edited by Ishagu

You really think GW will change it back? Lol you should just be happy to have a Primarch instead of acting so entitled.

I have no idea what GW will do in the future.

Also hang on a minute...I am on a ultramarine sub forum, on a thread asking how would you change Gman. My comment is well within the scope this thread...I would change him back. You may want to look up what entitled means because this isnt it. I am merely voicing my opinion

Edited by Subtleknife

The OP literally states in his first post:

"what would you do to change him if you think he needs a change?"

So stop going around saying what people should be posting. Unless you work for GW then you stating it is "not realistic" is an opinion and one I disagree with.

And regarding what Ishagu put, I am well aware it is an opinion, but I am allowed to agree with it last time I checked.