Ogryn Astartes?

TorvaldTheMild

Ogryns are not particularly intelligent, that doesn't sound like a terribly great base for your super soldiers :tongue.:

Quantity has a quality all of it's own though...:wink:

I didn't know about the Commissar reading to Ogryns...I'm sorry, that is just too cute/adorable to not bring up(Actually makes me sad reading that they went into a frenzy after the Commissar was killed)...which War of the Beast book is this from? Someone at BL really needs to release a book or series of an Ogryn regiment or just a POV of how he views the Imperium and situations he lives in.

Krash

It's funny you say that, there were a few snippets of this in the sidebars of the Imperial Guard section in the WD 101 compendium.

Generally it goes like this: (A BONEHead Cyber enhanced Squad leader)

"I says to the lads, we's going over dere and we's gonna bury dem Eldar in their own holes.  No worries."

"We didn't have to worry 'bout cover, 'cos there weren't no cover."

"Didn't have to worry 'bout timin' 'cos we was the first 'uns in."

"Easy as breakfast."

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham
Typo! Blam!

You might have wanted to make it clear in the OP that this is just a joke thread and that you aren't interested in a serious conversation then.

Of course its not taken seriously.  Its like suggesting that squats should be Astartes.  Everyone knows Ogryn;s are not going to become Astartes.  Its just funny to talk about it.  "If I was a chapter master I'd do it just to see what happens" obviously this isn't a serious thread.  Astartes are steeped in tradition and dogma, they don't do anything just for kicks.  People can talk about it seriously all they want.

Edited by TorvaldTheMild

You might have wanted to make it clear in the OP that this is just a joke thread and that you aren't interested in a serious conversation then.

Of course its not taken seriously.  Its like suggesting that squats should be Astartes.  Everyone knows Ogryn;s are not going to become Astartes.  Its just funny to talk about it.

There's nothing "of course" about this. It read like a legit question/concern of yours and people have been asking far weirder questions and suggesting far weirder ideas.

Of course its not taken seriously.  Its like suggesting that squats should be Astartes.  Everyone knows Ogryn;s are not going to become Astartes.  Its just funny to talk about it.

There's nothing "of course" about this. It read like a legit question/concern of yours and people have been asking far weirder questions and suggesting far weirder ideas.

Fair enough.

Yeah but If I was a chapter master I'd try it, even just for the curiosity for what would happen.

No you wouldn't because you'd be mired in 10 millennia of culture relating to purity, chapter ritual and the veneration of the baseline human as the rightful inheritor of the galaxy, and you certainly wouldn't waste gene-seed on mere "curiosity" because it is literally the single most important item of your chapter.

again, I think you are taking this thread too seriously.

It is at times difficult to tell which of your posts are serious and which are not.

Perhaps, since the character of this discussion has now been established, a small change to the title would assist other Frater who would wish to indulge in lighter topics to come into the thread.

Further, it would help those who wish to take part in deeper, more substantial debates or dialogues find the content they seek elsewhere.

May I suggest the addition of (Humour)?

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham
Clarity.

Yeah but If I was a chapter master I'd try it, even just for the curiosity for what would happen.

No you wouldn't because you'd be mired in 10 millennia of culture relating to purity, chapter ritual and the veneration of the baseline human as the rightful inheritor of the galaxy, and you certainly wouldn't waste gene-seed on mere "curiosity" because it is literally the single most important item of your chapter.

It is at times difficult to tell which of your posts are serious and which are not.

There is no need for that.

I am personally enjoying the idea of Primaris Lieutenant Shrek and wondering when the Bandai Ogryn Kit will be out.

We must understand that people have different expectations of what a topic may or may not be.  Clarity in topic naming is something we should all bear in mind and strive to achieve, especially with language differences.

Similarly, application of common sense when it becomes apparent that a thread is insincere saves everyone time.

Let's all play nice and keep on topic.

Or maybe my next post will be in Orange.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham
CLARITY!

Half-ogryn half-ratling marines - the size of regular marines, but better shots, stronger, dumb as bread and always hungry. After defeating the enemy through stunning displays of lack of strategy and tactics, they eat the enemy. Then they get shipped to the next frontline before they eat the local population.

I doubt the thought of using geneseed on abhumans would occur to anyone but a heretek biologis though.

I could just about imagine a really desperate chapter, having taken colossal losses of marines and materiel, but still having reasonable gene-seed stocks, isolated in some backwater system in Imperium Nihilus, considering it as a last resort.

The recent N&R thread on the Blood Angels rumours for Psychic Awakening raised a bit of lore that the early BAs sometimes recruited mutants and abhumans into the Legion, their gene-seed being more forgiving of variants. So, Blood Angel successor Ogryn Astartes with the Black Rage...?!

If anyone was mad enough to turn this idea into models, maybe make them count as assault terminators or centurions? Should have more wounds though...

If you don't want to discuss it then why stat the thread? Just because you were bored / wanted attention?