Bring Reasons to Hope!

Schlitzaf

Ace feel free to move this elsewhere but for lack of better place; so there are some....issues with our book currently. That many, myself included have voiced notably the Crusader Squad “nerf”. BUT I do bring hope something stood out to me.

3 of our 4 Vows have been represented now in rules, Uphold, Abhor and Suffer. But the strongest and greatest of our vows have not been; Accept Any Challenge. I would speculate, we will see another Templar release. Another reason, Marshall Gerard, and the Lady Inquistor are the face characters for Imperium so far in Awakening. Well maybe we will see if Gerard sticks.

And Gerard is a Primaris’d w/ tabard. Also the notable lack of studio Primaris models. And GW rarely shows models w/o rules or a kit. And how we lack some of the things notably a proper SIW list. So...accept any challenge not being a strategem, Gerard existence and to some degree editing questions for our section of the rules. Also by extension none of our Vigilus stuff being ported in the book.

I think, we will see another Templar Release or Wave. /tinfoil hat.

Not before June if it happens.

I dont see GW revisiting BT again before the new edition.

Like I had previously said, this is end of edition rules for BT similar to gathering storm.

I would be pleasantly suprised by new models and the rest of our Strats, and already theorized that we could see another 8 strats in a new release eventually to make the 16 the other chapters have.

Like I said on another thread, I dont think that the fact the Battle Brother had a tabard means anything. It's not the first time GW depicts a Black Templar in artwork that never translated into an actual model. Our only Primaris artwork for 2 years, the BT battling the khorne daemon, does not exist in model format.

Our best option is a box release similar to sisters and upcoming aos chaos, or even a battle force box like IF had last year.

But hey I hope I'm wrong.

Edit: We also dont know what Hel and Grim are doing at the moment.

Edited by Sete

There HAVE been rumors of an Orks vs. BT starter box that went silent for a while...

The same rumours also mentioned Ghazz, not exactly on the same box set so who knows, it could be a new edition starter set or a box before SW vs Orks shadowspear style.

Edit: Rewatched the video.

It's a vs box BT and Orks and he did say that Ghazghull would be out around the same time, but not necessarily in the box.

According to our french source, Ghaz is facing Ragnar in PA4, so one could assume we are back in Armaggedon. So our time frame is PA4 release.

I believe there is a reason we have our own tab on the store. Let's see how long it will take.

Edited by Sete

I think something IS in store for Templars, but not within a close time frame. Edition hop seems likely next summer, and I wouldn't hold my breath for us being first out the gate when that happens either.

They could release an EC along with Sigismund becoming the EC in the siege books. That possibility came to my mind after reading the first wall spoilers.

But I completely agree with you.

• 7 months later...

I think something IS in store for Templars, but not within a close time frame. Edition hop seems likely next summer, and I wouldn't hold my breath for us being first out the gate when that happens either.

They could release an EC along with Sigismund becoming the EC in the siege books. That possibility came to my mind after reading the first wall spoilers.

But I completely agree with you.

I know its an old thread but this give me thinking:

- Our supplement has no normal Special Issue Wargear - and so we are finally the only one chapter completely without it after the Deathwatch get their (already confirmed) codex. And we are the most well known secound founding chapter but all other  chapter can have that...

- ADB is writing the last Black Legion book (where BT expect to have a huge part in it) and one of the siege of terra books ( i expect he is writing the part of Sigismunds main part as he kicks ass) in addition to the Spear of the Emperors second book where BT are also in.

- GW doing nothing without a reason --> Ships we saw in the first PA trailers + the marines in the back in the last trailer

+ Castellan Dracos role in the IF Supplement (maybe it is connected with Spears of the emperor where the force had to face the Inquisition as an enemy.

- A box set with knightly looking marines

- the feeling that a lot of people want more for BT

- the result from the last survey is still hidden by GW.

and BTW, like Schlitzaf already said that the last VOW (the most beloved) is not part of the current rules and there was a rumor about a new emperors champion. And SETE said "not before june 2020"

( I know that there are many things that can be argued against each of this points)

Edited by Medjugorje

Just to clear up, that im working on assumptions, I dont know anything.

I knew of the new edition and necrons after, but did not knew about deathwatch codex.

Let's see how the last quarter treats us.

I do not want to believe that GW will leave us hanging up to 2021.

Just to add that if we see DA, SW or BA codex coming in after DW, well it will be bad news for us.

Edited by Sete

Well, I'd say the new bikes are the new best CC unit. 6 attacks per model, fastest speed, T5, what's not to love. Here's hoping they can be in squads of 6!

I think they already said they will be up to 9 in a stream last weak. Dont forget that you can field Bikes far better with WS or DA (what should be okay and I really dont have a problem with that fact)

Thats the problem. Each unit in the space marine codex is still better fielded with other chapters because they are way better then. I have absolutley no problems with that as long as BT have units which have that property too. But in this edition our most important units lost their 3++ (company veterans) and i am not sure if intercessors in impulsors are really worth it in new edition because they are really really expensive.

Just from a game perspective its important that each subfraction should have a few units which interact better with a special chapter tactic.

For BT it could be:

Chaplain:

( each other chapter have one more core litany to speak in addition to the normal table - we have to decide which table and except one relic and a special character (who doesnt speak litanies easier) i dont think they are far better in our lists 

Vanguard Veterans:

(they are very good but as WS and BA are still better which is okay for BA because they should be with jump packs but scars should be on bikes instead)

Company Veterans:

(no quesition - they are although BA could have them with 5+++ too)

choppy intercessors: 

we will see

bladeguard:

(I think BA will be far greater with them)

bladeguard captain :

(he already has an better BT core rule for all other chapters typical GW)

Edited by Medjugorje