Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

CA 2019 Rumors

Chapter Approved

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
540 replies to this topic

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,107 posts

I fear for Rubric Marines going to 2w with a points increase. They drop to multidmg weaponry already which also cuts through All is Dust. I feel like a points increase would only hurt me and just encourages people to continue taking Tzaangors. 

Am I wrong here?

Edited by Archaeinox, 22 November 2019 - 12:32 AM.

• Prot, Guzzlrr, Naryn and 2 others like this

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

Borgias

Borgias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 28 posts

This is looking great! REALLY like the rumor that cult troops are going to 2W each. I will spend the extra points for 2W Berserkers! Holy god yes! Please be true!

You know this rumor is censored.gif because GW never update datasheets inside a CA, only points cost. And sometimes an army wild rule. 

Edited by WarriorFish, 22 November 2019 - 09:05 AM.
Please do not dodge the swear filter

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,654 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

I fear for Rubric Marines going to 2w with a points increase. They drop to multidmg weaponry already which also cuts through All is Dust. I feel like a points increase would only hurt me and just encourages people to continue taking Tzaangors. 

Am I wrong here?

Can't have cost effective cult marines now can we with 2W making them viable, so up the points on already pricy infantry. rolleyesclean.gif

• Guzzlrr likes this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,691 posts

2 wound Plague Marines?

There are no words on this earth to describe my tumescentputrescent state.

Fixed that for you, you were getting things mixed up with Slaanesh there msn-wink.gif

Don't knock it before you try it? msn-wink.gif

Why not both? biggrin.png

• Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra likes this

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,691 posts

This is looking great! REALLY like the rumor that cult troops are going to 2W each. I will spend the extra points for 2W Berserkers! Holy god yes! Please be true!

You know this rumor is BS because GW never update datasheets inside a CA, only points cost. And sometimes an army wild rule.

Last CA updated Intercessors and several Chaos Daemon Datasheets.
  • Sonoftherubric21 likes this

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,526 posts

You know this rumor is BS because GW never update datasheets inside a CA, only points cost. And sometimes an army wild rule.

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but CA18 had an entire section for updated datasheets called... you guessed it, "Updated Datasheets". It was 4 pages long with 5 sheets.
  • Noserenda, wildweasel, taikishi and 2 others like this

XIXWYRMEXIX

XIXWYRMEXIX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 119 posts

A four point Grot would just be the worst. They already compare poorly to... well, anything, really. They are the lowest quality troop in the game. Filling a detachment slot isn't a justification for a premium points cost.

This, if true, would make me sad. 

CaptainMarsh

CaptainMarsh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,102 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Vigilant Heart

This is factually incorrect as they have updated datasheets in CA..

• wildweasel likes this

Pieces of paper for impassable terrain? My main problem with all of this is it really takes away from the game. A giant sheet of white paper on the table sort of breaks the theme of tiny fake armies running around tiny fake locales.

Real men play Adepta Sororitas!

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,059 posts

Am I wrong here?

I think I posted somewhere on the chaos sub forums that this would a disappointing Chapter Approved. This was written before Marines were dominant. It doesn't take into account the new supplements or the Pyschic Awakening changes. Marines will become more dominant and more dominant either until one of two things happen. GW is willing to do a major point overhaul before next Chapter Approved or wait until the next Chapter Approved.

Even if there is a 9th edition it will likely just incorporate changes and tweak a few rules, nothing ground breaking.
  • Archaeinox likes this

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,182 posts

I really don't get it. 

If they increase Rubricae to 20 ppm, or 19ppm, and gave them 2 wounds? 

That is a net gain of 10-20 points for the squad....... and DOUBLE the wound count. How in any way shape or form is this an issue or a negative? Does some army roll around with basic infantry carrying D2 firearms? Or am I missing something important? (yes I get it that many armies can field lots of multi-damage but that hardly makes up majority army comp) 

Do people think that GW is going to hit us with a 50 point increase for the squad? even if its a 20 point increase (20 ppm for rubricae in this case) I still see so much merit in this decision from both a fluff and gameplay perspective that I can't help but think "HOLY CRAP" Rubrics will be FLUFF ACCURATE and *STELLAR* on the table. 

Though perhaps I am biased. I see it as a gain for all 4 cult legions and their elite slot variants. 

• Skerr and Aztek like this

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,059 posts
The issue is a points increase without being able to stay on the table any longer. There are a plethora of D2 weapons and all these shiny new marines are getting several bonuses including increases to damage. That and marines who sucked when CA19 was being written will likely get several points decreases.
  • Prot, Guzzlrr, Ahzek451 and 1 other like this

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Ahzek451

Ahzek451

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 534 posts
  • Faction: Necrons, Thousand Sons

That is a net gain of 10-20 points for the squad....... and DOUBLE the wound count. How in any way shape or form is this an issue or a negative? Does some army roll around with basic infantry carrying D2 firearms? Or am I missing something important?

Yeah a little bit. Met the stalker bolt rifle? Also with iron hands? There are a lot more d2 d1-3 weapons these days. And a unit that already has a rule that is negated by d1+, it's just going to beg for being shot at with those weapon types. The increase in pts, even if minor, will elevate it further.
  • Guzzlrr and Grendaxe like this

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,247 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

If shield drones can't use their FNP on the mortal wound then they go back to being pointless really. To be honest, if they wanted to sort out how tough they were to shoot they should just alter the rule to state that the FNP only works on Mortal Wounds. Otherwise, rip Shield Drones.

Been saying also the whole issue with Primaris being a corner they can't write out of very well. End of the day, all marines should of been 2 wounds to begin with and is one of the "last era" hang overs from set stats and the lack of damage stat back then.

• Marshal Valkenhayn likes this

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,182 posts

The issue is a points increase without being able to stay on the table any longer. There are a plethora of D2 weapons and all these shiny new marines are getting several bonuses including increases to damage. That and marines who sucked when CA19 was being written will likely get several points decreases.

I don't for one second believe that the current codex will have marines drop in price. Not a chance in hell. 

It is almost certainly talking about OTHER loyalist books that are being updated. Not the current just released codex and its supplements. 

• Dracos likes this

Lagrath

Lagrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,102 posts
  • Faction: Hexfleet Virules

My guy is saying 9th is coming next year, he gave me all the faith and fire stuff before it was even mentioned.

Wow, thanks for the confirmation. Nice.

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,182 posts

That is a net gain of 10-20 points for the squad....... and DOUBLE the wound count. How in any way shape or form is this an issue or a negative? Does some army roll around with basic infantry carrying D2 firearms? Or am I missing something important?

Yeah a little bit. Met the stalker bolt rifle? Also with iron hands? There are a lot more d2 d1-3 weapons these days. And a unit that already has a rule that is negated by d1+, it's just going to beg for being shot at with those weapon types. The increase in pts, even if minor, will elevate it further.

Most intercessor players I have met don't even use stalkers. They use the basic rifles as it limits their mobility in most lists. I don't see it as being an issue. If we happen to get lucky and they stay the same price? That is a flat win across the board. 

I also have only played against Salamanders with the their new supplement/dex. I am sure iron hands are plenty mean but they are hardly a tenth of the gamer base. 

My regular opponents are harlies, dark eldar, necrons, sallies, Imperial Knights, and Khorne daemons/marines. I know there is plenty of D2. but I think the wound increase will only be a net gain against (I would say) 8 out of 10 lists. 

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
The only one that will really benefit from 2W are Plague Marines, which is a shame because all of the Cult Troops need help these days.

And I sure hope the +1W goes to Terminators as well. Especially my Blightlords and Deathshroud.

Edited by DuskRaider, 22 November 2019 - 02:58 AM.

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Ahzek451

Ahzek451

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 534 posts
It will be if we don't get a points increase. Of course that would be a gain. And while I understand the armies you usually play against, you have also expressed not playing in a very competative environment. Having played against a large spectrum of armies, both competitive and non, yeah...my rubrics have noticed an increase in higher damage weapons. An extra wound will only be noticable against the weapons that all is dust was already good against. And that isnt all that good if we get a pts increase. Cult marines already teeter on the brink of "elite" status in pts cost, and if I were fighting rubrics, I wouldnt break a sweat about deciding to throw d2+/random damage at them.

Edited by Ahzek451, 22 November 2019 - 03:04 AM.

kombatwombat

kombatwombat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 533 posts
As someone who has been playing Firstborn Crusader Squads for ages and recently tried counting them as Intercessors, 2W would be a massive boon to every cult troop. If that extra wound comes for free, it’s a massive buff. If that extra wound comes at +20pts per model, it’s a nerf. Somewhere on that spectrum there is ‘a good solid buff’.
  • Xenith, Shinespider and Sonoftherubric21 like this

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,182 posts

It will be if we don't get a points increase. Of course that would be a gain. And while I understand the armies you usually play against, you have also expressed not playing in a very competative environment. Having played against a large spectrum of armies, both competitive and non, yeah...my rubrics have noticed an increase in higher damage weapons. An extra wound will only be noticable against the weapons that all is dust was already good against. And that isnt all that good if we get a pts increase. Cult marines already teeter on the brink of "elite" status in pts cost, and if I were fighting rubrics, I wouldnt break a sweat about deciding to throw d2+/random damage at them.

But random damage gets *weaker* against a 2 wound model. Not stronger. You have the chance of wasting the entire shot even if the wound does go through yes? (I am presuming you are firing D3 damage shots) so theres a 33% shot of the Rubric sucking up 2 of those attacks. 

D2 flat of course is problematic but it already was so hardly any "bigger" of an issue, its a 50% increase against all basic weaponry for things like Crons or Marines that can just throw out TORRENTS of d1 damage with substantial AP. 

Ahzek451

Ahzek451

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 534 posts
The math you expressed is already known, the problem is: since the index days till now, more and more weapons have received damage increases, be it random or not, thus more potential to ignore all is dust, and d3 damage will still do its job if more d3 damage weapons exist. D2 is problematic, even more so that there is more of this. You see the point? I get your saying 2 wounds is a good thing, and I agree...so long as we dont get a points increase.
  • Sonoftherubric21 likes this

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,182 posts

The math you expressed is already known, the problem is: since the index days till now, more and more weapons have received damage increases, be it random or not, thus more potential to ignore all is dust, and d3 damage will still do its job if more d3 damage weapons exist. D2 is problematic, even more so that there is more of this. You see the point? I get your saying 2 wounds is a good thing, and I agree...so long as we dont get a points increase.

That is fair. I don't really see them going up personally. 

I also don't believe the "Chaos marines will not get points decreases" at all. For the entire edition Loyalist and Chaos "mirror" units have been identical in cost. That will almost assuredly stay the case. I do however believe the obvious "competition" units will get hit. Disco + Plauges. 

Though obviously Cult units if getting this update are up in the air points wise. No clue what GW will do. Its almost like the books are written in vacuums without other players cross-comparing. 

• Juggernut likes this

kombatwombat

kombatwombat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 533 posts

since the index days till now, more and more weapons have received damage increases, be it random or not, thus more potential to ignore all is dust, and d3 damage will still do its job if more d3 damage weapons exist.

The only change in damage that affects All Is Dust is going from Dmg1 to DmgNot-1. Honestly, I can’t even think of any.

Can you name, say ten? Ten weapons that were Dmg1 in the Index and became DmgNot-1 in the later Codex? If more and more weapons are receiving these increases, surely you should be able to kick out a list of examples easily?

Drudge Dreadnought

Drudge Dreadnought

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,798 posts
  • Faction: Chaos, Dark Eldar

What weapons are we even talking about here? Can we get a list of D2 weapons that aren't heavy weapons better shot at vehicles or monsters? If your Rubrics start pulling plasma fire away from your bigger units, then they're doing their job!

There's plasma of several types, but afaik there's less of that being spammed than there used to be. And that often needs to be aimed at big stuff.

There's stalker bolt rifles, but are those all that common?

There's Knight Avenger Gatlings.

What else is common and not better shot at armor?

Meanwhile, we've just seen a huge meta shift where there's a ton more viable bolt weapons on the table. Lots of S4 ap-1 or -2 shooting on the table all of a sudden. And W2 is great again these.

Edited by Drudge Dreadnought, 22 November 2019 - 03:37 AM.

• Son of Sacrifice, Sonoftherubric21 and Panzer like this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,919 posts
Is it wrong to claim this all as moot as 9th Ed is round the corner?...
  • Archaeinox and Theradrussian like this

RA-sig.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chapter Approved

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users