Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

CA 2019 Rumors

Chapter Approved

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
540 replies to this topic

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

i hope that CA will get a FAQ very fast.

Why ?

signature.jpg
Dark Angels = Painting Thread /// Gaming Thread

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,053 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Crusader squad I imagine

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 747 posts

What do you all think of this years warlord edition?

I am particularly interested in what the 18 Mission cards, 35 Stratagem cards and 36 Generator cards are for.  I don't think any armies got new stratagems so I assume these are for the new game modes.

The stratagems are all from the new Narrative modes.

17 Stratagems for the Spearhead mode (1 generic "Tank Ace" stratagem and 16 faction-specific stratagems).

18 Stratagems for the Challenge missions (6 per mission split between Attacker and Defender).

Open War has an army generation table, so that's where the 36 generator cards come in.

The 18 mission cards definitely cover the new Maelstrom of War and Eternal War missions (12), but there are more than six missions in the other sections so I'm not sure which ones got left out.

Edited by Lord Nord, 02 December 2019 - 07:56 PM.

MistaGav

MistaGav

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 369 posts

I like the sound of the content from this years edition. If I played the game more and had people to play with I'd pick it up.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,028 posts

Why ?

They printed the wrong Fast Attack points for Space Wolves

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,691 posts
And 55 point Neophyte Hybrids for GSC.

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 747 posts

I'm also curious why the Gallant went up 20 points in the "Imperial Knights" listing, but stayed the same in the AdMech listing. It's not like the version of the Gallant in the AdMech Codex has any different faction keywords (especially after the errata added the "IMPERIAL KNIGHTS" keyword).

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,059 posts

I'm also curious why the Gallant went up 20 points in the "Imperial Knights" listing, but stayed the same in the AdMech listing. It's not like the version of the Gallant in the AdMech Codex has any different faction keywords (especially after the errata added the "IMPERIAL KNIGHTS" keyword).

Does it fall in line with Chaos Knight version of the Gallant? People the Imperial Knight and Chaos Knight points arent completely the same.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 747 posts

Does it fall in line with Chaos Knight version of the Gallant? People the Imperial Knight and Chaos Knight points arent completely the same.

Yes, but that has nothing to do with my question. I wasn't asking why the Imperial Knights listing of the Gallant went up. I was questioning why the AdMech's listing DIDN'T.

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,059 posts
@Lord Nord...because GW?

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

possible answers to Lord Nords question....

Because the proof reader isnt a gamer and has no idea how 8th Ed it played or about the ability to mix and match factions formations in an army (gamers soup - as opposed to GW soup where they are all in one formation) 

Because different factions tables where written at different times and people missed that the same unit in different codexs cost different amounts, and we can expect it to be Errated in to line

Because they dont think AdMech versions get played enough so have given it a points break in the hope that AdMech players start buying more

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

NatBrannigan

NatBrannigan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,149 posts

Did I see somewhere that there would be new Datasheets for Fortifications? A fevered dream?

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,494 posts

Why ?

Because Tau Drone mechanic need to be an update.

Because a lot of armies need a major buff / major debuff.

Thats the main point. The Crusader Squad is another thing what concerns me by GW so much. But this point is not game breaking (although I really hate that GW dont  look out for such things).

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Why ?

Because Tau Drone mechanic need to be an update.

Because a lot of armies need a major buff / major debuff.

Thats the main point. The Crusader Squad is another thing what concerns me by GW so much. But this point is not game breaking (although I really hate that GW dont  look out for such things).

Then you'll be disappointed. Changing mechanics and buffing/debuffing factions is neither part of Chapter approved nor of its FAQ.

• CaptainMarsh likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Acebaur

Acebaur

++ VENATORIS MALUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,712 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Since we don't have anything new at the moment, I think we're done here for now.

• Juggernut likes this
"There can be no meeting of minds and no understanding with such beings as exist in the dark places of the galaxy.There is simply a choice: defeat them, or be defeated by them. And Defeat them we will"
- Chaplain Emmerich

++++ The Jericho Crusade ++++
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"Let our feet, steel clad, pressed into the soils of this alien land, remark on our passing. What need have we of plaudit and praise? No matter the laurel of victory, no matter the glories others may seek.
We are the Black Templars. Victory is it's own reward."
- High Marshal Helbrecht

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,117 posts
=][= Still no new information regarding CA19. Discussing faction specific changes can move to the relevant forums where such threads have already started. =][=
  • PeteySödes and Aqui like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chapter Approved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users