Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

CA 2019 Rumors

Chapter Approved

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
540 replies to this topic

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,059 posts

Is it wrong to claim this all as moot as 9th Ed is round the corner?...

I mean, yeah? 9th isnt likely to be ground breaking more skin to AOS 1st to 2nd or maybe a 3rd to 4th. Certainly not a 7th to 8th.

The issue is a points increase without being able to stay on the table any longer. There are a plethora of D2 weapons and all these shiny new marines are getting several bonuses including increases to damage. That and marines who sucked when CA19 was being written will likely get several points decreases.

I don't for one second believe that the current codex will have marines drop in price. Not a chance in hell.

It is almost certainly talking about OTHER loyalist books that are being updated. Not the current just released codex and its supplements.
You dont have to believe it, but this book was written 6 months ago when plaguebearers were terrorizing the top tables, and marines were lackluster. CA19 will reflect a meta months ago. it has to because of schedules and timetables of physically printing books.

I for one think its telling we havent had any previews of Chapter Approved. Last year and the year before there were previews and articles covering CA on Warhammer Community. GW is being strangely tight lipped on this release and for what reason?

Edited by Raven1, 22 November 2019 - 03:55 AM.

• Shinespider likes this

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Actual picture:

h8SPNjS.png

This one reads to me as very unlikely, mainly because of the Shield Drone thing since GW gave them the 5+++ only because their regular 4++ doesn't work with Saviour Protocols in the first place since that made the whole unit concept of Shield Drones pointless (I mean they could have changed the saviour protocols rule to make more sense and let the Drones intercept the hits instead of turning them into mortal wounds but GW likes their mortal wounds...). However there are other things that make not much sense there.

The AdMech one makes no sense either as they even got a Stratagem to have their Canticles affect Knights as well and I don't see GW nerf a faction by restricting their faction bonus while with others they gave them a whole new faction bonus on top of what they already had to boost mono armies.

Last but not least, many of those things read like they belong into a BIG FAQ, not in a Chapter Approved.

I don't even take this with a truckload of salt ... I straight out don't believe it.

• Commander Dawnstar likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,182 posts

I mean, yeah? 9th isnt likely to be ground breaking more skin to AOS 1st to 2nd or maybe a 3rd to 4th. Certainly not a 7th to 8th.

The issue is a points increase without being able to stay on the table any longer. There are a plethora of D2 weapons and all these shiny new marines are getting several bonuses including increases to damage. That and marines who sucked when CA19 was being written will likely get several points decreases.

I don't for one second believe that the current codex will have marines drop in price. Not a chance in hell.

It is almost certainly talking about OTHER loyalist books that are being updated. Not the current just released codex and its supplements.
You dont have to believe it, but this book was written 6 months ago when plaguebearers were terrorizing the top tables, and marines were lackluster. CA19 will reflect a meta months ago. it has to because of schedules and timetables of physically printing books.

I for one think its telling we havent had any previews of Chapter Approved. Last year and the year before there were previews and articles covering CA on Warhammer Community. GW is being strangely tight lipped on this release and for what reason?

Because of PA? Lots of stuff coming out right now. Its not a dead time that's for sure. Sisters? PA 2 and 3 almost back to back? 

I won't believe those statements until they are out in the wild at least, if not in my own hands. If they are talking about the OTHER loyalist books? then I certainly believe that of course. But the recent release gets point reductions? Nope. Don't think so. 

I also don't think the finalized copy was done 6 months ago. It was probably finalized in September right around the time of the base codex release. Though I am speculating of course. 

Ahzek451

Ahzek451

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 534 posts
  • Faction: Necrons, Thousand Sons

since the index days till now, more and more weapons have received damage increases, be it random or not, thus more potential to ignore all is dust, and d3 damage will still do its job if more d3 damage weapons exist.

The only change in damage that affects All Is Dust is going from Dmg1 to DmgNot-1. Honestly, I can’t even think of any.

Can you name, say ten? Ten weapons that were Dmg1 in the Index and became DmgNot-1 in the later Codex? If more and more weapons are receiving these increases, surely you should be able to kick out a list of examples easily?

Yep, just as easy as you can. You can find a lot in relic weapons, but besides that...tau heavy burst cannon, ion accelerator, ion rifle overcharge, pulse blastcannon, certain rules and strats that have seen pre-existing less popular weapons, now popular(iron hands). A lot of the damage increases come from new units and weapon types as well. Just look at the disco lord. Accelerator autocannon, bolt sniper rifle, twin ironhail, most character marine ranged weapons. Neary every codex has had a few weapons receive increases to damage, but as mentioned above, there are other rule additions and changes that have made higher damage weapons resurface. Or because of new units and weapons types. Take a look, it's in a book, its reading rain...codex.

Edited by Ahzek451, 22 November 2019 - 04:09 AM.

tvih

tvih

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,319 posts
  • Faction: CF/BT/Orks/SoB/IG

A four point Grot would just be the worst. They already compare poorly to... well, anything, really. They are the lowest quality troop in the game. Filling a detachment slot isn't a justification for a premium points cost.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with this, if true. Discourage spamming a million grots? For their performance they really don't need to go up.

Marines point drops wouldn't really make much sense either. I mean if the rumor says the book was done before supplements dropped? The first supplements dropped only two months after the main codex. Not sure what in that in-between period would've suddenly warranted drops. Hopefully they're not drastic or to top-pick units at least if it is accurate. Just about the last thing I need is another thing to feel bummed about my marines, even if I'm not playing the "top" chapters to begin with.

nanosquid

nanosquid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts
I find this very, very hard to believe. Your source image is... a post on 4chan?

Guys, the homeless guy on my street corner screaming about the moon people is more reliable than that. Anyone can post anything there anonymously. Where's the actual evidence?
  • Sonoftherubric21 and Sargeant Centurion like this

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,611 posts
  • Faction: Orks!
“The CA writers weren’t in much contact with the supplement writers.”

Buh? Don’t the Studio people all work together?

gallery_23421_16101_14266.png

CaptainMarsh

CaptainMarsh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,102 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Vigilant Heart

The math you expressed is already known, the problem is: since the index days till now, more and more weapons have received damage increases, be it random or not, thus more potential to ignore all is dust, and d3 damage will still do its job if more d3 damage weapons exist. D2 is problematic, even more so that there is more of this. You see the point? I get your saying 2 wounds is a good thing, and I agree...so long as we dont get a points increase.

It would depend how many points they go up. Gaining a wound and not going up in cost at all doesn't seem very likely to me. But going up a handful of points, gaining a wound in the exchange? That seems good on the whole.

Pieces of paper for impassable terrain? My main problem with all of this is it really takes away from the game. A giant sheet of white paper on the table sort of breaks the theme of tiny fake armies running around tiny fake locales.

Real men play Adepta Sororitas!

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
They should gain +1W and also get a points decrease. When compared to the Loyalists, CSM are in a pickle in various ways. This would at least be a start.

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

As I see it, Rubric Marines getting +1W would only be positive. The points shouldn't go up much if at all so all it does is making them twice as durable against D1 weapons (there's lots of hyperbole going on here but there are still plenty of those around) and not making them worse against D2 weapons.

• Nemesor Tyriks likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

TrawlingCleaner

TrawlingCleaner

++ CLOACARIUS RETICULUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,055 posts

But by your own logic that means they had already written the Space Marine codex?

For all of their misgivings, GW rules writing team are not stupid enough to drop points on a codex that isn't even released yet. I agree that they'll more than likely nerf the meta that was around 6 months ago, but I have no doubt in my mind that they will not touch the Space Marine codex

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

But by your own logic that means they had already written the Space Marine codex?

For all of their misgivings, GW rules writing team are not stupid enough to drop points on a codex that isn't even released yet. I agree that they'll more than likely nerf the meta that was around 6 months ago, but I have no doubt in my mind that they will not touch the Space Marine codex

Or the if they do the feedback will cause an errata to CA19 which goes... remove all SM tables 

;p

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 891 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
The only reason I could see the points from the new SM being touched is of it was based on feedback from play testers that was either not received in time or was shelved for later.

Wasn't there feedback on some of the IH combo's GW decided to wait and see on acting on?

But a general point reduction for non-plasme special weapons across all codexes to make them more competitive Vs plasma would be welcome

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,028 posts
CA was definitely written between Marines 2.0 being written AND released but I wouldnt panic over unassailable points drops for marines, as trawler said the new units wont have been touched. And they reviewed all the points for the codex which was written after last CA so theyve already gotten a round of drops this cycle

Unless Aggressors/flyers/thunderfires/scouts/intercessors ALL got drops or some got unexpected big ones it should be ok

If anything got drops its probably unused older stuff

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,793 posts
Some of it is very hard to believe but stranger things have happened with GW.

To me though, it doesn’t make sense that cult marines would go to two wounds whilst leaving normal marines (loyalist and traitor) on one wound. Units like Rubrics and Plague marines already have rules to reflect their warp-infused state and there isn’t really any justification why a berserker would have two wounds but a Black Legion veteran wouldn’t.

GW just need to bite the bullet and give all marines 2 wounds base.
  • Interrogator Stobz likes this

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,526 posts

The only marines gaining a bonus to the damage stat are Imperial Fists firing heavy weapons at vehicles and mono-White Scars in melee on turn 3. Nobody is getting better at shooting infantry with 2 damage weaponry.

Intercessors, Eliminators, and Infiltrators are extremely popular today despite having 2 wounds. Turns out the Primaris manage just fine against this mythical "plethora" of 2D weaponry.
  • Son of Sacrifice and Panzer like this

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,053 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

To me though, it doesn’t make sense that cult marines would go to two wounds whilst leaving normal marines (loyalist and traitor) on one wound. Units like Rubrics and Plague marines already have rules to reflect their warp-infused state and there isn’t really any justification why a berserker would have two wounds but a Black Legion veteran wouldn’t.

Primaris would need huge discounts if that happened though, or other marine units would need to get a lot more expensive.

Could happen. But feels unlikely, primaris would need a different way to represent the furnace

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,437 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Lol @ people who think extra wounds aren't worth anything.

Yes there's plenty of multi damage weapons. There's also plenty of D1 weapons too.
  • Slave to Darkness likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,526 posts

That is a net gain of 10-20 points for the squad....... and DOUBLE the wound count. How in any way shape or form is this an issue or a negative? Does some army roll around with basic infantry carrying D2 firearms? Or am I missing something important?

Yeah a little bit. Met the stalker bolt rifle? Also with iron hands? There are a lot more d2 d1-3 weapons these days. And a unit that already has a rule that is negated by d1+, it's just going to beg for being shot at with those weapon types. The increase in pts, even if minor, will elevate it further.

Iron Hands aren't going to be swarming the field with Stalker Intercessors, so you'll realistically face 15 Stalker rifles. They'll do some damage, for sure, but all 250 points of Intercessors will manage to barely kill 5 barebones T4 3+ 2 wound marines. So you can expect whatever flavour of cult marine will be a bit more resilient than that.

Plus, it isn't like you're always facing only Iron Hands.

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,526 posts

“The CA writers weren’t in much contact with the supplement writers.”

Buh? Don’t the Studio people all work together?

4chan rumours always include wild accusations that they couldn't possibly actually know, can't be proven and are never substantiated by other rumourmonger. It's all in order to forward the GW hate narrative. It's their style. The maddening part? This type of crap has also historically been peppered alongside legitimate rumours so you can't even use it as a sign that it's fake.
  • Panzer and Dark Shepherd like this

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,793 posts

Primaris would need huge discounts if that happened though, or other marine units would need to get a lot more expensive.

Could happen. But feels unlikely, primaris would need a different way to represent the furnace

Yeah, definitely the points would need to change one way or the other. I just want to avoid a scenario where Primaris, berserkers, plague marines, rubrics and noise marines all get two wounds but regular marines (loyalist & CSM) are left as second class citizens on one wound. Especially if this cult marines kept their other bonuses to toughness, saves or FNPs.

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 789 posts
I cant believe people are turning their nose up at doubling their wound count for probably about 15 or 20 points. If someone is firing multidamage weapons against my intercessors then I am pretty happy. Means all my good stuff is not getting shot at. I have noticed my 2 wound intercessors take quite a beating to remove from the table. 2 wounds is definitely better.
  • Drudge Dreadnought, Llagos_Tyrant, Theradrussian and 5 others like this

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,526 posts

I cant believe people are turning their nose up at doubling their wound count for probably about 15 or 20 points. If someone is firing multidamage weapons against my intercessors then I am pretty happy. Means all my good stuff is not getting shot at. I have noticed my 2 wound intercessors take quite a beating to remove from the table. 2 wounds is definitely better.

I think it's a holdover of when Primaris armies, and maybe even all astartes, didn't really have much "good stuff" to be shooting plasma at.

Now that things like Centurions, Repulsors, Redemptors, and even Aggressors and Inceptors are so capable, my Intercessors are no longer the primary target.
  • Subtleknife likes this

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
Most of us aren't turning our noses at it, it's the idea that it would also come with a price hike while Loyalists are (supposedly) getting a point reduction. So really in the end it solves nothing.
  • Marshal Loss, Archaeinox and Sarges like this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Ahzek451

Ahzek451

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 534 posts
  • Faction: Necrons, Thousand Sons

Most of us aren't turning our noses at it, it's the idea that it would also come with a price hike while Loyalists are (supposedly) getting a point reduction. So really in the end it solves nothing.

This.

Edited by Ahzek451, 22 November 2019 - 11:25 AM.

• Archaeinox likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chapter Approved

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users