Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

CA 2019 Rumors

Chapter Approved

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
540 replies to this topic

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

I expect Dark Eldars and Genestealers to get hit hard with the nerf stick.

signature.jpg
Dark Angels = Painting Thread /// Gaming Thread

Wayniac

Wayniac

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 885 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion (for now...)

The consistent problem that I see is GW always seems to be months behind.  So like, CA will be addressing tournament issues (let's be honest here that's what influences the points adjustments and often rules adjustments) from 5 months ago that are no longer even valid, so things they hit just nerf some armies further because it ruins their one good build since things have advanced in the meantime.  So they are constantly playing catchup and failing because they're chasing the tournament meta's tail.

2W cult troops will be great, as a Death Guard player.  But if the rumor of Marine point drops is true, then I mean golly gee?  That'll just make the meta marines from top to bottom even more than it already is.

• Wraith776 and Aarik like this

- Wayne aka "Wayniac the Indecisive"

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

Club I play at is starting to split in to 2 sub groups of 40K.... tournament players who will dissect every rule & the narrative gamers who will fudge it, play different missions / un balanced games with scenarios such as how  many turns can you survive?  can X unit get of the table etc etc

• Interrogator Stobz and Theradrussian like this

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,179 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions
We are going to swiftly move on and get back onto the subject of Chapter Approved 2019.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
With all due respect, this has everything to do with CA19. The rules updates also affect the units we're discussing, especially the Leviathan and it's interaction with Chapter rules.
  • Theradrussian and Enuncia like this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,935 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
Please start a new thread in the Space Marines forum about the potential changes and how they'll interact with units? Let's keep this thread to just news and rumours.
  • Dosjetka likes this
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Daigo Cannon

Daigo Cannon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 130 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

I don't believe primaris will get a point reduction, that reduction should go to tactical, rhinos and old units that are not cost effective in the current codex. 

• Theradrussian and Chaplain Elijah like this

ERJAK

ERJAK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,227 posts

I don't believe primaris will get a point reduction, that reduction should go to tactical, rhinos and old units that are not cost effective in the current codex.

This is a point about the rumors that mitigates the whole 'end of the world' feeling of SM getting more points drops.

SM aren't some monolith where every unit is an ubeatable OP monstrosity, only most of them.

If Assault marines go down, who cares?(other than SoB players who have to deal with paying 17pts for S3 powerswords) same with predators, stalkers, hunters, razorbacks, terminators, land raiders, etc. Even Inceptors and Hellblasters could drop and it wouldn't be a huge deal.

That said, if anything that sees ANY tournament play already goes down they will HAVE to FAQ it back up because marines are already pretty nuts.

It's also mean marines stay dominant until the March FAQ at the earliest, but it isn't the death of competitive 40k a lot of people think it is.
  • MARK0SIAN likes this

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

Agree, Primaris are already spammed in every tournament list. Oldmarine needs much love. Especially Dark Angels :P

signature.jpg
Dark Angels = Painting Thread /// Gaming Thread

Knight Artorias

Knight Artorias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts
Hellblasters could drop by a couple points to make them another option than just repulsor executioners. And plenty of ‘firstborn’ stuff could drop without damaging the high end tables.
  • Juggernut and Mr4Minutes like this

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts

I'm afraid that the material delay "print+ship+distribute" didn't give the chance to add some change dûe to the new SM meta/codexes.

On the other hand, many other factions need some important balancing. Big monsters like magnus are unplayable now at this point cost and such fire power. Tyranids aren't played at all in tournaments. Neither necrons and so on...

Knights outside IK/RK didn't see the tables for years. 

TS & DG are completely unbalanced and still have to wait several month their up with the PA. I don't think that CA will be fair at release date because CA probably will take into account the upcoming changes of future PA that we know nothing about. And that , during the next 7 month of PA.

We are in a weird period with PA going on, SM out of control, CA not allowed to adjust in real time and ....probably  v9 (or v8 2.0) waiting around the corner (summer 2020).

Edited by BolterZorro, 22 November 2019 - 04:00 PM.

• Archaeinox and Aztek like this

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,576 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords Legion
If there's any ridiculous points fluctuations, the internet in all it's rage will assail the GW media, and emails teams with furious anger, and decisions will be retconned in but a moment.
Don't worry, the mob has you covered.
It worked for haarken and sonic
  • Guzzlrr and Subtleknife like this
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

Lagrath

Lagrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,131 posts
  • Faction: Hexfleet Virules

I wish we had credible rumors that indicated whether CA this year featured as wide a range of points changes (decreases) as last year or whether it's much more limited this time. 

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,824 posts
If the part about the book already being in print before the Marines stuff dropped is true it might be a good argument to change the format of CA going forward.

Make future CAs just about rules changes and new missions etc. Make points changes a purely digital (and free) download. That way they can change the points values up to 30 seconds before it’s released and they’ll be much more accurate.
  • Bryan Blaire, Aarik, Wayniac and 2 others like this

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,124 posts

If the part about the book already being in print before the Marines stuff dropped is true it might be a good argument to change the format of CA going forward.

Make future CAs just about rules changes and new missions etc. Make points changes a purely digital (and free) download. That way they can change the points values up to 30 seconds before it’s released and they’ll be much more accurate.

Theyve said themselves it takes 9 months for books to go from written to shelves, and was vonfirmed Kinights codex came out too late (April?) for last years CA

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,824 posts

Theyve said themselves it takes 9 months for books to go from written to shelves, and was vonfirmed Kinights codex came out too late (April?) for last years CA

That’s what I mean, if they had to come up with those new points 9 months ago then they were out of date even before the new marine codex dropped. If instead they made the point changes purely digital they wouldn’t need that kind of lead time and could adjust them in real time, right up to the second before release.
  • Bryan Blaire and RedFox like this

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,975 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)

Wow, I'd not heard that number before! That definitely makes me agree with Markosian about having all points updates being part of the FAQs/Erratas.
Anyone know how long it would take them for their "datacards" format to be printed? Perhaps points values and updated datasheets could be released in that kind of format alongside a Chapter Approved with new missions, campaigns and "open play" rules (like the build-a-tank rules we've seen in recent years)

• Harleqvin likes this
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,610 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Even if Marines get point drops we really shouldn't be worried about it.

9th edition is coming, everything is temp.
  • Theradrussian and 01RTB01 like this

-~Ishagu~-

toaae

toaae

++ SECURIFER VIRIDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,630 posts
  • Faction: Orks, SoB, Necrons, BA

The problem with this line of reasoning is that in the time between changes, people still want to play the game. If something messes up enjoyment of the game, only to be promised to be fixed later, that's unfortunate.

• DuskRaider, Nemesor Tyriks and Tipsy Techpriest like this

WAAAGH!!! Tortoof, a WiP thread (updated: 10/12/20) ||| Order of the Penitent Saint: A Project Thread (updated: 6/7/2020)
[IG 2020]Index Imperialis: Order of the Penitent Saint // IA: Dune Vipers (WiP; updated: 10/17/19, v.1) // [IG 2020]Index Xenos: WAAAGH!!! Tortoof (WiP; updated: 5/10/2020)
ETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_48988_15465_4633.pnggallery_48988_15738_35057.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.pnggallery_30308_9518_2576.jpggallery_48988_15094_2398.png
(click on the images to see my vows!)

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,124 posts

If all Codexes stay valid though...

@DP think it was Robin Cruddance but was on one of the voxcast pods

@Markosian digital points changes would be amazing and so well received, especially if it went twice yearly. I just fear theres reluctance over it due to tradition and or jealously guarding IP
  • MARK0SIAN likes this

Ciler

Ciler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,222 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

The problem with this line of reasoning is that in the time between changes, people still want to play the game. If something messes up enjoyment of the game, only to be promised to be fixed later, that's unfortunate.

You have to understand that some marine players are perfectly happy with a "temp" situation that has them on top.

As if anything in 8th had been other than "temp". The rhythm at which GW has pushed books has made armies strong/weak/redundant in matter of months if not weeks. Remember Stormraven spam, razorpark... anything that was too overwhelming got nerfed.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. Revelations 6:8
BT Album link, Thread on the BT subforum, Thread on the TS subforum, TS album link.

Wayniac

Wayniac

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 885 posts

This would be the smartest thing GW could do.  Let CA be for beta rules, missions, etc. and make points digitally available for free so they can react quicker.  Which would also give them the ability to, for example, "hotfix" something a month afterwards if they miss something.

• Guzzlrr and wildweasel like this

BrainFireBob

BrainFireBob

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 859 posts
Not all of us buy digital
  • Guzzlrr likes this

Wayniac

Wayniac

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 885 posts

It's not about buying digital, it's about providing point updates online for ease of updating.  And to avoid having several months delays between adjusting points and books which is the current issue with CA.

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,824 posts

The idea is also they’d be free, the same way FAQs and errata are free.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chapter Approved

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)