Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

CA 2019 Rumors

Chapter Approved

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
540 replies to this topic

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,649 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

If they're not each half price I'm out. Not hyperbole. No :cuss -ing way am I paying double for what we got last year.

• Slave to Darkness likes this

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,271 posts
Didnt see that coming. Book bloat for competitive games, and purchase bloat...but all zee points in one place is cool. Hope it includes the legends

Also now we know what they meant by points changes coming out ALONGSIDE chapter approved

Edited by Dark Shepherd, 24 November 2019 - 05:57 PM.

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,702 posts
The two volumes are being sold together as a single product, and based on this years General’s Handbook which did the same thing, for the same price as prior versions IIRC.
  • Noserenda, Harleqvin, Sonoftherubric21 and 1 other like this

VanDutch

VanDutch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 157 posts

If they're not each half price I'm out. Not hyperbole. No :cuss -ing way am I paying double for what we got last year.

The article says they come bundled. Fingers crossed we're paying the same with easy access to points changes... maybe!
  • Dark Shepherd likes this

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,271 posts

The two volumes are being sold together as a single product, and based on this years General’s Handbook which did the same thing, for the same price as prior versions IIRC.

Sigmar stuff is generally better value though. Would be very happily surprise if this isnt more than last years. Or even just a mild increase of say 25e instead of 20e
  • Theradrussian likes this

Ciler

Ciler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,222 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I hope that'll be the case. It's bummed me enough to have had to pay more for my "supplement" than other Marine factions...
  • Marshal Arthur likes this
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. Revelations 6:8
BT Album link, Thread on the BT subforum, Thread on the TS subforum, TS album link.

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,266 posts

Looks like we finally have some tangible news.

Chapter Approved 2019

Whatever Warhammer 40,000 army you play, you’ll want to get a copy of this year’s Chapter Approved – the essential annual update for all gamers in the 41st Millennium. This year, we’ve separated Chapter Approved into two bundled books for your convenience. 

5d734291.jpg

Try new missions and ways to play with Chapter Approved 2019 itself, then build your matched play lists with the Munitorum Field Manual – a reference guide with points for everything currently in Warhammer 40,000. The Field Manual doesn’t just contain updated points, but unchanged ones too, meaning you’ll only have to look in once place when writing your lists!

Thank you for letting us know. But! Please, please, please do something about the text colour next time.

we_badge_ezra.png

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,166 posts

40k on FB is saying we'll take a look at CA2019 throughout this next week so.. I'm sure we'll see stuff!

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,271 posts
Official: its same price as last years CA ie both books for the same woooooooo

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
From the other thread :

Rumours:

h8SPNjS.png

Would be helpful if somebody could confirm that this came from our helpful local French source, but until then, apply copious amounts of salt

From 4chan :

Tyranids
-Malanthrope down 10pts
-Haruspex down 10 pts
-hive tyrant down 5pts
-Hive guard up 2 pts

Chaos
-Discordant up in cost 15 pts
- CSM down 2 pts
- cult marines down 2 pts
- Cultists stay the same
- plaguebeaerers up 1 pt
- greater daemon cost reduction (including named)

Ad mech
- Disintegrator up 10 pts

Space Marines
- General point reduction

Guard
- tank commanders up 20 pts

Tau
- Riptides up 30 pts

Aeldari
- No major changes

GSC
- Aberrants down 1 pt
- Acolytes up 1 pt

About space marines cost reduction :

I don't want to alarm you but this might be true. Insider rumors has it that the codex/supplement writers weren't in communication with CA writers who finalized and had their book printed before feedback for the new codex came back.

• Sonoftherubric21 and Panzer like this

signature.jpg
Dark Angels = Painting Thread /// Gaming Thread

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,166 posts

Sure would be cute if the supposed cult marines point drop included their termies as well ohmy.png

Confused about the Discordant increase if that's a thing. When I see one on the table I look at the player and go "bless your heart" as someone shoots it off the board :(

Edited by Archaeinox, 24 November 2019 - 07:39 PM.

• Prot and nanosquid like this

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,152 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

It's a response to the discolord craze earlier this year, and CAs are always written many months in advance of the main release. The legitimacy of those leaks aside, I'll be very surprised if Lords Discordant don't receive an increase tbh.

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Death Guard Warband: The Fourth Seal

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,199 posts

Sure would be cute if the supposed cult marines point drop included their termies as well ohmy.png

Confused about the Discordant increase if that's a thing. When I see one on the table I look at the player and go "bless your heart" as someone shoots it off the board sad.png

Does that happen when people take 3 of them? I think this is just looking at top lists and gauging things off of that. Given that alot of tourney chaos lists I saw have 3x Lord Discordants I think is why the points increase will happen. 

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,614 posts
Plus, their approach hasn't made a ton of sense overall anyway to a of changes. If Lords Discordant are in nearly every list it doesn't seem to matter to them if those lists are winning, the unit must be too good compared to the other options, apparently.
  • Marshal Loss likes this

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,068 posts

Confused about the Discordant increase if that's a thing. When I see one on the table I look at the player and go "bless your heart" as someone shoots it off the board :(

I have said it a couple times. These points are based on meta of months ago. CSM points drops are welcome but I dont think 2 points would be enough as they are objectively worse then marines.

Cults marines across the board need a buff and a points decrease. 2 points down and +1W is a start.
  • Prot likes this

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,199 posts

Confused about the Discordant increase if that's a thing. When I see one on the table I look at the player and go "bless your heart" as someone shoots it off the board sad.png

I have said it a couple times. These points are based on meta of months ago. CSM points drops are welcome but I dont think 2 points would be enough as they are objectively worse then marines.

Cults marines across the board need a buff and a points decrease. 2 points down and +1W is a start.

I personally think hoping for a substantial point drop AND a wound increase is a forlorn one. I doubt we will get BOTH. 

I think 2 points down is huge for base CSM. Once we get our trait re-writes I think an 11 point CSM is in a good spot.

Cultists still being at 5 is irritating given their limited use. 

• Archaeinox likes this

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,166 posts

Does that happen when people take 3 of them? I think this is just looking at top lists and gauging things off of that. Given that alot of tourney chaos lists I saw have 3x Lord Discordants I think is why the points increase will happen. 

I fear for that logic. Imagine Ahriman getting an increase just because he's sucked into the Nurgle lists as part of a Supreme Cmd.

• Sonoftherubric21 likes this

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,068 posts
In all fairness Ahriman might be the best character in the game. If not the best the single most taken character in the game, and I've never seen a chaos list (in a competitive setting) without him. So I wouldn't be surprised by a points increase.

@Sonoftherubric what makes you think CSM will get trait re-writes. GW has had two opportunities to do that and taken neither to update them.
  • WandererTheta likes this

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,199 posts

In all fairness Ahriman might be the best character in the game. If not the best the single most taken character in the game, and I've never seen a chaos list (in a competitive setting) without him. So I wouldn't be surprised by a points increase.

@Sonoftherubric what makes you think CSM will get trait re-writes. GW has had two opportunities to do that and taken neither to update them.

What makes you think they won't?  We 100% are. *Eventually* (being the key word) 

Considering how disparate the design team seems to be its no wonder that we didn't get one sooner. But just looking at the base marine traits how can you look at that and think that they won't eventually update ours. 

Its clear that the recent codex for marines is a totally new design philosophy. Its far more down the road in scale then any other book. I think that basically every army when they get their new 8.5 (or 9.0 I suppose?) book will absolutely be getting a plethora of new trait bonuses of some variety. 

Shadowseer

Shadowseer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 92 posts
  • Faction: Eldar

The leaks didn't even note that two books are coming out, and I call major censored.gif on 'writers didn't communicate with each other'.

The post honestly feels like it was made by a troll to generate RAEGE

Edited by WarriorFish, 24 November 2019 - 09:39 PM.
Please do not dogge the swear filter

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,787 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
You could always use power levels instead of points
  • Lexington, Shadowseer and WandererTheta like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,660 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

The problem is that the detachment system mean that there's effectively no slot limitations so people will just spam HQs instead of taking other units. It doesn't matter how much you up their points, stuff like Daemon Princes, Tank Commanders, Hive Tyrants and Lord Discordants are just better than their equivalents in heavy support so they get spammed.

Edited by Closet Skeleton, 24 November 2019 - 08:59 PM.

CaptainMarsh

CaptainMarsh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,102 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Vigilant Heart

I don't put much stock in the rumors after this reveal. Splitting CA into two books is such a major design decision *and* is something that would be easy to discover for anyone looking for insider info on CA2019. Somehow the rumors managed to get specific points changes and insider scoop about communication issues but not that the item in question would be split in half?

• Slave to Darkness, Tipsy Techpriest, nanosquid and 2 others like this

Pieces of paper for impassable terrain? My main problem with all of this is it really takes away from the game. A giant sheet of white paper on the table sort of breaks the theme of tiny fake armies running around tiny fake locales.

Real men play Adepta Sororitas!

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,576 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords Legion
The csm points reduction pays for the lord disco points increase. 195 points for me but over a squad i'm ok

Edited by helterskelter, 24 November 2019 - 09:48 PM.

gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,955 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

The leaks didn't even note that two books are coming out, and I call major censored.gif on 'writers didn't communicate with each other'.

The post honestly feels like it was made by a troll to generate RAEGE

Everyone shares the same office space, even the FW rules writers... Laurie Goulding said so himself, if they didnt communicate with each other then GW needs to fire some staff. 

• Antaonix and WandererTheta like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chapter Approved

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)