Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

CA 2019 Rumors

Chapter Approved

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
540 replies to this topic

Lagrath

Lagrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,131 posts
  • Faction: Hexfleet Virules
I hope we get some confirmed leaks soon so that we can figure out which set of competing rumors is the real deal. All the waiting and speculation is tough.
  • Archaeinox likes this

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,640 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
To go off of my earlier comment, since it’s been revealed on FB that both the Field Manual (points) and Chapter Approved (missions/content) are bundled together and the same total cost as last year’s Chapter Approved, then I’m ol. It’s fine for things to evolve, but I won’t get :cuss -ed around and made to pay more. That doesn’t seem to be the case here, so I’m cool.

I like that trend of “super Chapter tactics” that are unlocked by acting mono-faction. What I’ve been cheering for for a long time: it rewards mono-faction while not punishing anyone for soup. The downside is that it’s yet another data point to have to balance, but I’ll take crawling before walking before running.
  • Dark Shepherd likes this

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,801 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

I have my doubts now about the rumours, considering the biggest one of CA19 being a split book was not even mentioned. 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,939 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

I have my doubts now about the rumours, considering the biggest one of CA19 being a split book was not even mentioned. 

Recent rumours have been a bit iffy, one min were getting Wolves vs Orks and now I hear its Marines vs Crons... 

Not sure why I get excited over stuff, its never as good as its hyped to be anyway. 

• Bryan Blaire likes this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,702 posts
Honestly CA2019 being two volumes was pretty predictable after they did it with the GHB, and it’s basically a point of trivia compared to what people actually care about: points and rules.
  • Aarik likes this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,728 posts
Weird rumours. IMO putting anything up in the AdMech codex is a mistake. (Yes even the Skorpius, most often leveraged to help a different detachment out).

The other reason I don’t believe these is the Discolord. I think that thing had about 5 minutes in the sun with The Purge lists before people figured them out. I’ve been to tournaments with multi Discos, and even with three I rarely field them. (1 just doesn’t work and 3 are too much ).

I guess if these are true they won’t affect me. Perhaps harder to sell my painted stuff on eBay?

Point cost tweaks are really getting awkward in printed medium. I personally wish we’d hear more leaks from the mission part. I’d love to know if they are tightening up matched play to remove the ITC (or at least diminish) the strangle hold on ‘competitive ‘ play that playstyle has. ( no offence to those that enjoy it...it will always be there. ).

Edited by Prot, 25 November 2019 - 04:13 AM.

• duz_ likes this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

toaae

toaae

++ SECURIFER VIRIDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,639 posts
  • Faction: Orks, SoB, Necrons, BA

=][=

That's enough about allies and soup. It has nothing to do with CA and as such, has nothing to do with this thread.

=][=

Edited by toaae, 25 November 2019 - 04:14 AM.
I'm a nice guy, I swear

• Lagrath, Interrogator Stobz, CaptainMarsh and 2 others like this

WAAAGH!!! Tortoof, a WiP thread (updated: 10/12/20) ||| Order of the Penitent Saint: A Project Thread (updated: 2/13/2021)
[IG 2020]Index Imperialis: Order of the Penitent Saint // IA: Dune Vipers (WiP; updated: 10/17/19, v.1) // [IG 2020]Index Xenos: WAAAGH!!! Tortoof (WiP; updated: 5/10/2020)
ETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_48988_15465_4633.pnggallery_48988_15738_35057.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.pnggallery_30308_9518_2576.jpggallery_48988_15094_2398.png
(click on the images to see my vows!)

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,852 posts

The leaks didn't even note that two books are coming out, and I call major censored.gif on 'writers didn't communicate with each other'.

The post honestly feels like it was made by a troll to generate RAEGE

To be honest, the bit about writers not communicating is the only bit of that rumour I find easy to believe. Whenever you go to GW events and talk to the staff, it comes across that everything is very compartmentalised. The guys seem to know almost nothing about stuff outside their particular area.

Granted they could just be dodging questions or being deliberately evasive but it doesn’t come across as that, just that they’re laser focussed on their particular bit.

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Considering how little we communicate in our company when working on different projects (or sometimes at the same project) despite sitting in the same small office ... yeah I can easily believe that the teams barely communicated with eachother about the important things. sweat.gif

• Raven1 and Squike like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,840 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade
Most recent example of GW having poor communication with their staff is the CSM codex getting a bare minimum update while SM got a full rewrite a month later, both products should have gone to the printers relatively close to each other. Fires of Cyraxus is another example, a book that was worked at the end of 7th that had to be scrapped due to 8th edition, proper communication would have turned that book into an index instead of trashing it entirely.

Im surprised people regard GW so highly, signs of their incompetence or malice are plenty.
  • Slave to Darkness, Theradrussian and nanosquid like this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

The fact that the wording for upgrades changes all the time...

Compare the Craftworld codex Banshees entry with that to the replacement in PA1.... GW dont even have a standard wording template that they use

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,246 posts
One downside of ALL the points being in one book, the preview vids on Saturday are going to take forever or skip over loads of entries

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts

One downside of ALL the points being in one book, the preview vids on Saturday are going to take forever or skip over loads of entries

They'll just flick through and highlight obvious changes or concentrate on the commonly played units mentioning if they've been changed or not

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

happy.png

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 357 posts
  • Faction: Sublime Sound Seekers
https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

Is this font reliable ;-p ?

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpgETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gifETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Xenos_Tyranigallery_48988_15465_18674.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15808_16184.pngMy Sublime Sound Seekers Slaanesh army

The Skull Knight

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,246 posts
I might be overreading into it but the WC might imply Dark Angels are getting goodies in CA, but theyre probably just upselling the points reductions for non codex marines
  • Morticon likes this

FelipeFlops

FelipeFlops

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 202 posts
  • Faction: IG, AC, SM, DE

Razorwing Jetfighter 10 point increase, not as bad as I was expecting.

6.5k Imperial Guard

4.4k Adeptus Custodes

4.3k Primaris Marines - Silver Templars

2.3k Imperial Knights

2k Necrons

2k Harelquins

2k T'au Empire

1k Inquisitors + Assassins

Silver Templar Infiltrators

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,702 posts

Leaks are definitely false. Absolutely nowhere does it state GK are the real winners of CA19.

Strike squads down 2 and Terminators down 6 it's looking like! There will be able to field, what, three more models??

• Black Blow Fly, templargdt and Biscuittzz like this

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts

I wonder if the SoB units will be in this great tome of points???

happy.png

FelipeFlops

FelipeFlops

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 202 posts
  • Faction: IG, AC, SM, DE

Leaks are definitely false. Absolutely nowhere does it state GK are the real winners of CA19.

Strike squads down 2 and Terminators down 6 it's looking like! There will be able to field, what, three more models??

Strike squads marines are currently 21 points each, so a 4 point drop. Brings a squad under 100 points. It's something I guess.

6.5k Imperial Guard

4.4k Adeptus Custodes

4.3k Primaris Marines - Silver Templars

2.3k Imperial Knights

2k Necrons

2k Harelquins

2k T'au Empire

1k Inquisitors + Assassins

Silver Templar Infiltrators

MoshJason

MoshJason

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 91 posts

Strike squads down 4, it says that's after you've kitted them out.

17 pts for a stormbolter, smite and deny, deepstrike and 3 Str 4 ap-2 d3 damage attacks per model doesn't seem hateful?
  • Biscuittzz and FelipeFlops like this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,022 posts
I will wait patiently to see what changes there are for wolves.........
banana

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,711 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

Don't hope for any new rules. If any should come it will be in a PA book.

-~Ishagu~-

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,702 posts

Strike squads marines are currently 21 points each, so a 4 point drop. Brings a squad under 100 points. It's something I guess.

Whoops, you are right - I think I double-dipped on factoring the storm bolter. A four point drop is more respectable on them. Though the army as a whle needs some overhauling beyond just points.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,121 posts
Intrigued to know if that's a full DA supplement or just points. Weird wording.
  • Dark Shepherd likes this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,022 posts

Don't hope for any new rules. If any should come it will be in a PA book.

Honestly...

We haven't been updated once. Not once.
Wait for ca19. Oh, to soon, wait for big faq. Oh no, wait for CA 20

If they aren't updated in this,it says A LOT.
  • Black Blow Fly and Slave to Darkness like this
banana

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chapter Approved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users