Warlock or Farseer on a Bike

Prot

Guys... I’m back

I have to say I’m still really stuck on how to proceed with Eldar. A friend gave me some advice on using some of the new DIY rules if I want to start using the Wraith units. (+2” to assault) perhaps quicken on foot?

So anyway I bought a Skyrunner because I like the model but I have no idea if I should build a Warlock or Fraser on the bike. Any advice? If you could have only one, which would you use?

If you are only going to have one, then a Farseer Skyrunner. I think I would only do a Warlock Skyrunner as the start of a Warlock Skyrunner Conclave.

That said, if you are doing a foot-slogging Wraith list, I personally wouldn't take a single bike - I feel like that's just an easy target and it's likely to not synergize with your list. I was planning a Farseer Skyrunner with at least three other bikes, and possibly build out a Warlock Skyrunner Conclave to assist later (probably four Warlocks).

Depends what powers you are wanting to bring to the table.

However I will disagree with not taking a farseer skyrunner as the only bike in a list as he’s still under 10 wounds but gains fly keyword and 1 point of toughness with the extra movement brings more truancy enough to warrant the extra points.

Okay.... well again since I am restarting Eldar after a multiple year hiatus, I just thought this was a great, all around unit.

Although I like the model, my in game reason was; Speed - to help cover and buff wider areas of potential Wraith units. Perils- my understanding is like most bikes, I would gain an extra wound.

I don’t have a clue what I’m doing with this army. I think this is going to be a very painful process. I play in a fairly competitive environment and I can’t dabble too much in goofy units. So I thought the bike would be a more competitive option, while keeping some Serpent room available for the Wraiths.... shooty or stabby, I have no idea.

So I was going to try to put the most valuable Psyker type for a Wraith (mostly) type army with perhaps artillery and Night spinners? Or prism tanks?

Also it seems the sword for free is better than the singing spear since I anticipate advancing a bit?

Thanks.

Well singing spears are assault and on top of that craftworlders can run and shoot anything that’s not heavy ...

And you can shoot both the cats on the bike and throw the spear at the same time (both are assault and range 12”) and it operates the same in CC...

I’d make the model up as a farseer but as only the head is different you can run him as either if you only have the one.

Farseer is easily triple the utility of a Warlock, but warlock on a bike is also quite critical for landing that Doom/Jinx combo.

Warlocks got significantly better with the new psychic powers, as their smite is nothing to write home about.

Bottom line: you want both, Farseer first.