Some more noob questions

Prot

Amazingly I literally just finished listening to it. He doesn’t like fire prisms does he? Lol

I can see some of my thinking does seem to follow a lot of his principles, but where we differ is I am obviously dying on the hill of Wraith constructs. He did excite me about trying other units. I am just partial to this idea right now but his list is far superior.

However I still find ITC boring and he’s obviously maxing out for it. I only play it in tournaments. So fir example he’s super keen on flyers, and really I should use more but they’re so expensive they will crush my numbers and probably end the Wraith idea.

I did get a lot of alternate ideas from him though. I’m sure he’d think my list is far too soft but I’m actually winning most games right now. Just not entirely sure why. Lol

There is certainly no problem playing a list you love, and he's building for max competitiveness in ITC which is it's own thing. 

I think it's also important to keep in mind where you play. I mostly play ITC, but ruins are less common on our tables, and fully enclosed ruins almost non-existent, so fire and fading Dark Reapers are less reliable than if you know you are going to have an enclosed ruins in your deployment zone.  

Yea that's a good point. I know Flyers are better in ITC as well. He's always using 3 (of course no Hemlock because it's over costed.)

My meta is so mixed. I play with a few different groups. So I really do have to make super well rounded lists. Some people are hardcore ITC, some are not.... and more flexibility is needed in Maelstrom. Flyers just basically 'kill' in that scenario, and having flexible Obsec is probably bigger. 

I definitely understand playing what I love but I also don't want to have my army kicked in as a result of it. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself since I'm relearning all this Eldar stuff too. :)