Wargear of Captain Verulam Moy?

lokkorex

Hey, so I'd like to convert a pair of models representing The Either and The Or, but I've never read the first Horus Heresy books, so I don't know what Verulam Moy is armed.

Tybalt Marr has rules, so I can just go by that, but could someone who has read the books what he carries.

A sword? Axe? Bolt Pistol? Any idea what mark of armour he carries?

Would be grateful for any help!

I'd imagine a sword and bolt pistol; the Luna Wolves captains seemed quite similar in that regard, but as a relatively senior captain it's quite conceivable for him to use an axe as well (Torgaddon uses one when sparring with Loken).

If you want to make a fluffy addition which doesn't appear often in HH, Abnett was quite fond of having the XVI use combat shields.

Thanks for the feedback, if nothing else comes up I'll propably arm him with a combat shield, pistol and axe.

But if anyone has read his encounter with, and subsequent demise at the hands of, Eugen Temba, I'd appreciate any extra info!

False Gods mentioned that Moy and Marr were conducting sword drills, and frankly those are the only close combat weapons (aside from a dagger or two) that Luna Wolves astartes get mentioned with early on.  And the line captains I think all wore their new MK IV plate from what we saw.  

There seems to be a bit of a departure with Black book vs. novels, though: on one hand the novels had one or two mentions of Luna Wolves with gladius style blades (Abaddon was said to have a monstrous two handed greatsword, as did Aximand with Mournitall) while the Black Books said that was an Ultramarines thing, and the Luna Wolf officer cadres typically had longsword style blades.  

If you haven't read at least the first 2 HH novels, you reaaaaaaally should.  They're good books.

Edited by Vykes

Great! Thanks for the information people! Thinking if I'll mash together the mk.iv command set with reaver bits I should have some decent representation of the Either and the Or.

PS. Could anyone explain why Tybalt Marr and Little Horus seem intent on killing each other on the cover of "The Either"?

Googling him comes up with an image presumably from the later re-issues shows Mk4 and an arming sword styled power weapon when he was fighting on Davin. Personally i always lked the idea that senior Captains had a selection of weaponry to play with if they didnt have some signature named weapon or similar tbh.

Googling him comes up with an image presumably from the later re-issues shows Mk4 and an arming sword styled power weapon when he was fighting on Davin. Personally i always lked the idea that senior Captains had a selection of weaponry to play with if they didnt have some signature named weapon or similar tbh.

This does fit as it would be quite common during the Crusades for Line Captains and senior officers to have had a small collection of trophy weapons and personal weapons, depending on the Legion obviously.

Personally I would err towards a more ornate combat sword with a boltgun. Bolt pistol as backup weapon. 

BCC

Admittedly a little further up the ladder, but Abaddon and (I believe) Sejanus have been seen rocking artificer armour and TDA at different points.

Also Argel Tal is mentioned as possessing a personal armoury which would put dedicated collectors to shame, and AD-B implies that this is typical for a praetor of the Legions.

Edited by bluntblade