Orbital Assault & Dreadnought Talons; Drop Pod Assault

Charlo

Just wanted to check how these interact as rules while im list building for my Deathguard.

A Talon of dreadnoughts can all take legion pods as transport and must attempt to arrive in coherency of eachother. Does this mean that in terms of "half of your pods" arriving I turn one does the talon count as a single pod or three?

The errata is a little bit wonky. 

A Legion Dreadnought Talon numbering a single Dreadnought may select a Legion Drop Pod or Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod as a Dedicated Transport 

So talons with orbital assault seem to only get to be 1 per elite slot.  I use 2 with my Luna Wolves and I'd like to know if that's been over-written too, because as far as I know, orbital assault only replaces the option for Rhinos with drop pods rather than just allowing more units to take them.  

They re-wrote the ROW in the newest legion red book. Legion Dreadnought talons and Contemptor Talons must be given "Dreadclaw or Legion Dreadnought Drop Pods" as dedicated "transports". So you can take a talon in a single FOC slot and give all of them pods.

This doesn't help clarify the original question though. There isn't an FAQ, but I'd say the answer is under the Dreadnought Talon rules: "when first deployed... or when arriving via Reserves later on... the Dreadnoughts must be placed within 6" of each other". So they must be deployed together, which means the pods must come down together and be within 6". Imagine they are a single unit when they deploy, but act independently afterwards.

Its weird for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm failing to find anywhere that it states a talon of dreadnaughts, greater than one, may take drop pods.

You want a dreadnought in a drop pod, it's one per slot.

Is a benefit of the Orbital Assault rite. Lets talons pod in together.

I'm failing to find anywhere that it states a talon of dreadnaughts, greater than one, may take drop pods.

You want a dreadnought in a drop pod, it's one per slot.

Is a benefit of the Orbital Assault rite. Lets talons pod in together.

Ah. Always helpful to finish reading the paragraph.....

The specific mention of multiple dreadnoughts in a talon being able to. Should have just mentioned that with this RoW, the restriction of a single model talon is lifted and all are required to have a proper drop pod.