Reconciling Firstborn Marines in your army?

Zephaniah Adriyen

I'm happy to use firstborn... that don't have to look like firstborn. Centurions with a head swap, non-transport tanks and flyers, old dreadnoughts, cenobyte servitors etc, but not tactical marines, terminators etc.

As such, I'm currently working on a Whirlwind, and the marine poking his head out the hatch has a Primaris head for consistency.

I've just used the CSM models, Mark III armour and FW upgrades to make them bigger:

At the end of the day Chaos marines are not really supposed to be uniform, that's why I'll mix my new kitbashed ones with the new updates that will come.  I also think it doesn't look good for CSM's to be uniform.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/357922-berzerkers/?hl=%2Bberzerkers&do=findComment&comment=5402857

Edited by TorvaldTheMild

S'true. Though if anyone's looking to do this sort of extremely cromulent embiggening, it should be noted that I stole a lot of my methods from Dan the Daemon's legendary Night Lords 18th Battle Company, and his craftsmanship is inarguably superior to my own.

This has frustrated me for too long so until/if WE get released i have more or less put all chaos stuff on hold.  I did quite a bit of kitbashing for a while, but i got sick of it and it was expensive.....so for me I hope WE/EC get released in the next few years but not looking good at this rate.

This has frustrated me for too long so until/if WE get released i have more or less put all chaos stuff on hold.  I did quite a bit of kitbashing for a while, but i got sick of it and it was expensive.....so for me I hope WE/EC get released in the next few years but not looking good at this rate.

Yeah I don't blame you.  Luckily I have done 30 kitbashed berzerkers with chain axes and chainswords so I'm set, I'm now doing mostly FW stuff, doing a Scorpius whirlwind and a dreadclaw at the moment, but it does feel good to have all my berzerkers not looking like midgets.

This has frustrated me for too long so until/if WE get released i have more or less put all chaos stuff on hold. I did quite a bit of kitbashing for a while, but i got sick of it and it was expensive.....so for me I hope WE/EC get released in the next few years but not looking good at this rate.

You don't think new world eaters kits are likely? That's shocking. I'd say it's as close to a lock as possible at the moment given Death Guard, Thousand Sons and undivided CSM all getting big releases.