Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Reconciling Firstborn Marines in your army?

Adeptus Astartes Heretic Astartes

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Ugolino

Ugolino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 432 posts

Firstborn need major surgery to look decent anyway.

• Redcomet likes this

https://i.imgur.com/YxV2bFv.png <-This is what the Warhammer 40k setting is about.

SufficientAnonymity

SufficientAnonymity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 154 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I'm happy to use firstborn... that don't have to look like firstborn. Centurions with a head swap, non-transport tanks and flyers, old dreadnoughts, cenobyte servitors etc, but not tactical marines, terminators etc.

As such, I'm currently working on a Whirlwind, and the marine poking his head out the hatch has a Primaris head for consistency.
  • Sandlemad likes this

Fighting Company Friedrich: http://www.bolterand...pany-friedrich/

Heretic /ˈhɛrɪtɪk/, noun (plural noun heretics): Any person who speaks ill of the Emperor, the Imperium, cites his loyalty to any entity besides the Emperor, defaces holy artefacts or buildings, incites heretical thoughts or actions, talks openly about forbidden subjects, generally behaves in a manner disrespectful to all that is holy and good, or weighs the wrong amount relative to a duck.

gallery_45765_12339_44045.png

FelipeFlops

FelipeFlops

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 149 posts
  • Faction: IG, AC, SM, DE

I'm lucky in that I'm coming into World Eaters fresh, so I don't have any mini-marines, but I've kitbashed my Berserkers together from the new CSM kit and the AoS Blood Warriors kit;

World Eaters Khorne Berserkers

• Noserenda, Evil Eye, El_Dicko and 1 other like this

6.5k Imperial Guard

4.4k Adeptus Custodes

4.3k Primaris Marines - Silver Templars

2.3k Imperial Knights

2k Necrons

2k Harelquins

2k T'au Empire

1k Inquisitors + Assassins

Silver Templar Infiltrators

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 968 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

I'm lucky in that I'm coming into World Eaters fresh, so I don't have any mini-marines, but I've kitbashed my Berserkers together from the new CSM kit and the AoS Blood Warriors kit;

Those are some really nice Berserkers!

• FelipeFlops likes this

ztbmByp.png

"Painting with this stuff is like trying to copy the Mona Lisa using Napalm." -DuskRaider on Typhus Corrosion.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

TorvaldTheMild

TorvaldTheMild

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 500 posts

I've just used the CSM models, Mark III armour and FW upgrades to make them bigger:

At the end of the day Chaos marines are not really supposed to be uniform, that's why I'll mix my new kitbashed ones with the new updates that will come.  I also think it doesn't look good for CSM's to be uniform.

http://www.bolterand...rs#entry5402857

Edited by TorvaldTheMild, 01 December 2019 - 01:07 AM.

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,368 posts
  • Faction: The Aurora Chapter

Our very own Lexington did something similar here... http://www.bolterand...sms-and-dreads/

S'true. Though if anyone's looking to do this sort of extremely cromulent embiggening, it should be noted that I stole a lot of my methods from Dan the Daemon's legendary Night Lords 18th Battle Company, and his craftsmanship is inarguably superior to my own.

• PeteySödes likes this
gallery_23421_8142_1088.png

DBadger

DBadger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 266 posts

I just put the taller ones further away on the shelf.

• FelipeFlops likes this

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,972 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

This has frustrated me for too long so until/if WE get released i have more or less put all chaos stuff on hold.  I did quite a bit of kitbashing for a while, but i got sick of it and it was expensive.....so for me I hope WE/EC get released in the next few years but not looking good at this rate.

TorvaldTheMild

TorvaldTheMild

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 500 posts

This has frustrated me for too long so until/if WE get released i have more or less put all chaos stuff on hold.  I did quite a bit of kitbashing for a while, but i got sick of it and it was expensive.....so for me I hope WE/EC get released in the next few years but not looking good at this rate.

Yeah I don't blame you.  Luckily I have done 30 kitbashed berzerkers with chain axes and chainswords so I'm set, I'm now doing mostly FW stuff, doing a Scorpius whirlwind and a dreadclaw at the moment, but it does feel good to have all my berzerkers not looking like midgets.

Son of Sacrifice

Son of Sacrifice

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 360 posts

This has frustrated me for too long so until/if WE get released i have more or less put all chaos stuff on hold. I did quite a bit of kitbashing for a while, but i got sick of it and it was expensive.....so for me I hope WE/EC get released in the next few years but not looking good at this rate.

You don't think new world eaters kits are likely? That's shocking. I'd say it's as close to a lock as possible at the moment given Death Guard, Thousand Sons and undivided CSM all getting big releases.
  • TorvaldTheMild likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Adeptus Astartes, Heretic Astartes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users