Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rubicon Primaris

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts
So I’ve been following the psychic awakening and other releases with with the new Primaris and it seems to be standard upgrade of 1W and 1A when someone crosses the rubicon. Now I was thinking, there are whole chapters that are Primaris but we’re still missing quite a few characters and units, like techmarines and Company Champions or say Company Command squads. My thought was home ruling the upgrade to Primaris. Again from what I’ve found the Primaris upgrade adds 1w and 1a, correct? War gear aside when I look at standard models vs their primaris counter part the points breaks down as this:

Captain - 74 pts
Primaris Captain - 78 pts
~ 4pts

Chaplain - 72 pts
Primaris Chaplain - 77 pts
~ 5 pts

Librarian - 80 pts
Primaris Librarian - 90 pts
~ 10 pts

Apothecary - 50 pts
Primaris Apothecary - 60 pts
~ 10 pts

Company Ancient - 63 pts
Primaris Ancient - 69 pts
~ 6 pts

That’s roughly 7 points per model averaged out for the Primaris upgrade. Funny enough thats exactly the difference between the Tactical Squad and the Intercessors. If you add the points and add the characteristic boost to say a Company Champion, then you could have a Primaris Company Champion.

Thoughts?

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,818 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
This seems like a pretty good stop-gap to build up a stable of the "missing" Primaris characters. It looks like we could use 7 points as our baseline for the Primaris upgrade cost, as I find it's more acceptable to people to be slightly more expensive when building unofficial models/units.
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users