PA Rules Expansion

jaxom

My Friday morning wild speculation...

- CA2019 give us litanies and SM parity next week...

- DA HH/30k book released finally laying out the Hexagammatron (rival to Robutes codex right?)

- HH Lion released alongside the Primarch novel

- DA get left until late in the PA cycle,

- The Lion returns* as it's culmination next summer, new launch box set... Kicks off...

-SM Primaris 'heavy' gravis release (think the Phobos armour this year)

- the lion solves the Primaris integration into DA via reinstating Hexagammatron in the unforgiven

- Deathwing are the poster Bois for Gravis

Or... I'm totally wrong >D

*Not precluding at least Another Chaos Primarch returning...

I'm not investing in anymore Gravis untill I know I'm wrong =D

Love the new FW tanks and the HH DA colour scheme, no idea how I am going to paint all those checks!!!

Hahahaha that didn't take long... Grey Knights eh...

I can see it now, Grey Knights suggesting a mind wipe for the Dark Angels after the battle. Don't worry, it will be like you never existed, a Company Master reassures the Grey Knights. But then the Dark Angels remind the Grey Knights about being asked about the Heretic Astartes with a shoulder pad bearing DA heraldry, and coils on Plasma weapons start heating up...

I can see it now, Grey Knights suggesting a mind wipe for the Dark Angels after the battle. Don't worry, it will be like you never existed, a Company Master reassures the Grey Knights. But then the Dark Angels remind the Grey Knights about being asked about the Heretic Astartes with a shoulder pad bearing DA heraldry, and coils on Plasma weapons start heating up...

Effing Grey Knights need to learn to mind their own business. Suckers may be all that vs daemons, but the First Legion will drop them like a hot rock.

Agreed. GK do not have enough psychic phase to delete marines reliably, and DA Librarians are powerful enough to deny a lot of their powers. That, and DA pack enough Plasma to make even Custodes reluctant to throw their weight around.

Anybody else expecting a scene where DA and GK are mopping up the remaining heretics, and a GK calls the DA to his location because he found a heretic with some DA heraldry on his armor. The DA explain that it is most likely just some looted pieces from a KIA brother, but they will interrogate the heretic to confirm. The "helpful" GK will say "oh, well I can just..." and then he starts to psychically probe the heretic's mind. The gathered DA can tell by the expressions on his face that he is seeing too much, Plasma coils start heating up. As the GK emerges, bewildered, from his probe of the heretic's mind, he obviously exerted himself more than he expected, he finds a Plasma Pistol level to his face. "I wish you hadn't done that..." was the last thing he ever heard.

Am I right?

Edited by Jacques Corbin

Anybody else expecting a scene where DA and GK are mopping up the remaining heretics, and a GK calls the DA to his location because he found a heretic with some DA heraldry on his armor. The DA explain that it is most likely just some looted pieces from a KIA brother, but they will interrogate the heretic to confirm. The "helpful" GK will say "oh, well I can just..." and then he starts to psychically probe the heretic's mind. The gathered DA can tell by the expressions on his face that he is seeing too much, Plasma coils start heating up. As the GK emerges, bewildered, from his probe of the heretic's mind, he obviously exerted himself more than he expected, he finds a Plasma Pistol level to his face. "I wish you hadn't done that..." was the last thing he ever heard.

Am I right?

Oh i wish this so bad!

For this action to then be witnessed and reported to the wider imperium.

Suddenly the DA are cut off from further reinforcements from the Gman and his goonies. Hunted by some as traitors. Celebrated by others also suffering under the imperial rule.

So the DA are free (in parts) from the imperial oppression, free to follow their own course and agenda with added gusto.

Over the course of decades and countless battles, their Primaris brothers become just that, Brothers and veteran Dark Angels. The once mistrusted Primaris re-inforcements become veteran Dark Angels. Celebrated members fo the chapter selected to join their Deathwing and Ravenwing inner Circle brethren.

DA and GK fight together.

The Fallen are found out.

DA strike out at the GK.

In return, G-Man casta out the chapter.

Luther sees his chance to reach out to the chapter with the Fallen and invite them reunite into a single legion, against the Imperium.

The chapter fights the Fallen and the Imperium, and is forced retreat into the Rock.

The Lion wakes up.

He takes command of the Chapter.

He leads a force and crushes the Fallen, and brings the DA back into the Imperium.

The secrets are now a thing of the past.

The end.

Would love that, @Berzul! Alas, I'm not sure that GW would be happy to have a faction (albeit a teeny-tiny little one) eliminated so quickly. Where is Cypher in all of this?

However, one of the guys at my club last night repeated the "Lion for Christmas" rumour. Whether that's a primarch or a Daemon Prince, who knows...

Ultra twist ending:

Azrael is slain by Luther, and at the eleventh hour, as the chapter has bunkerwd down inside the deepest places inside The Rock, Cypher shows up with the Lion's Sword.

The Lion wakes up at last, takes his sword, and acknowledges Cypher's work having been for the good of the chapter. A loyal son of the Lion all along.

In the aftermath of the battle, the Lion grants Cypher the position of Chapter Master.

G-man sees this when the Lion leads his chapter back to the Imperium, and loses his provervial s***!

Extrapolating from the Blood angel treatment in blood of Baal we can expect:

• improvement to our chapter tactic : very needed indeed. our as it currently stand is a worst version of a possible successor combination. 
  • access to litany : SM litanies are great for DA, +1 to hit is a natural fit for plasma, +2 to charge is needed boost to DW knight. Asmodai should get 2 litany and keep his +1 attack buff for a great character (finally!)
  • Azrael Primarised: it would be a great time to change his aura to reroll all hit, and maybe make his invuln better somehow. also fitting him in a impulsor would be nice
  • access to the new "basic" space marine stratagem : Fury of the First, Transhuman Physiology, Gene Wrought Might, Hero of the Chapter and maybe skilled riders are all very welcomed addition to our current selection.
  • New unique stratagem: we are bound to have one or two gem in there.
  • doctrine (or close equivalent) : this is a obvious bonus, but the chapter unique doctrine might unlock new play-style. 

Even without the unknown, the access to litany and basic stratagem improves our army by a lot, transhuman in particular sounds tasty. fury of the first is intriguing. Hero of the chapter unlock some rarely seen warlord trait, like fury of the lion +1 S. 

all in all, its exiting to (maybe) see my favorite army coming out of mediocrity. 

Ultra twist ending:

Azrael is slain by Luther, and at the eleventh hour, as the chapter has bunkerwd down inside the deepest places inside The Rock, Cypher shows up with the Lion's Sword.

The Lion wakes up at last, takes his sword, and acknowledges Cypher's work having been for the good of the chapter. A loyal son of the Lion all along.

In the aftermath of the battle, the Lion grants Cypher the position of Chapter Master.

G-man sees this when the Lion leads his chapter back to the Imperium, and loses his provervial s***!

Yes and without the fallen to drive DA they don't need anymore RW and DW and they become green UM (GW is already trying to push 3+ save no teleport no ++ save aggressors into DW and foot slogging vanguard units into RW)

We will lose and GW will win

Do you really want to trade a single model (the Lion) that will come out for 30k too in few months for the uniqueness of the lore and organisation/units of our legion?

Be careful on what you wish cause it could come out much more worse than you were hoping

BTW i am expecting a DA treatment similar to BA and instead of DC intercessors we will probably get DW aggressors even if they don't fit DW at all as a unit (no teleporting, no 2+ armour, no invulnerabile save, no terminator crux, nothing to be DW at all) and having them in other companies kills the need to have a DW variant

I don't know what they could force into RW (well i know but it is worst than DW aggressors) and i don't want to see it

So I am looking forward to see if we will get new models or of it will be another faction that will get new models and about the rules what we will get but i don't put any hope about new datasheets cause i can see GW trying to push unfitting units into DW and RW

DC intercessors could fit the BA needs and i know some BA players not Happy about them but DW aggressors and RW Incursors they don't

Edited by Master Sheol

I agree with the statement above, without secrets, circles within circles, shame and the Fallen, DA in 40k are just green ultramarines. All our aesthetics is about grim determination and repentnance, is it worth it to trade all what makes the chapter unique for a primarch model and some bone-white primaris?

Edited by Deadman Wade

The feeling that we are going to see a Primaris Master Lazarus rather than a special character is growing on me. Granted nothing is set in stone and there are two other forces covered in the book that could get a mini instead but still.... the fluff has been setup as he hates the 1k Sons and Tzeentch in general and is the first Primaris to be a member of the Inner Circle. Fingers crossed they produce a nice unique pose with something different to a power sword and combi-plasma.

Rules wise, we will as mentioned above, get the BA treatment as far as PA goes.

Ultra twist ending:

Yes and without the fallen to drive DA they don't need anymore RW and DW and they become green UM (GW is already trying to push 3+ save no teleport no ++ save aggressors into DW and foot slogging vanguard units into RW)

We will lose and GW will win

Do you really want to trade a single model (the Lion) that will come out for 30k too in few months for the uniqueness of the lore and organisation/units of our legion?

Be careful on what you wish cause it could come out much more worse than you were hoping

BTW i am expecting a DA treatment similar to BA and instead of DC intercessors we will probably get DW aggressors even if they don't fit DW at all as a unit (no teleporting, no 2+ armour, no invulnerabile save, no terminator crux, nothing to be DW at all) and having them in other companies kills the need to have a DW variant

I don't know what they could force into RW (well i know but it is worst than DW aggressors) and i don't want to see it

So I am looking forward to see if we will get new models or of it will be another faction that will get new models and about the rules what we will get but i don't put any hope about new datasheets cause i can see GW trying to push unfitting units into DW and RW

DC intercessors could fit the BA needs and i know some BA players not Happy about them but DW aggressors and RW Incursors they don't

I am not wishing it, really. I am just throwing a reductionist suggestionn, based on how I am very pessimistic about the whole thing, and also how I fear that —at least for a while— the DA will indeed be pushed into becoming just Green Armored Generic-marines.

I expect no new models with this release. Just an update in rules to put us more on the level with the updated marines, with a Primaris unit being upgradeable by a stratagem into belonging in the RW and DW.

If that leads to actually unique primaris units for the chapter in ninth edition? That remains to be seen, but would be interesting indeed.

Then again, I play non-primaris successors so, the Primaris DW and Primaris RW won't really affect me for now.

I'm slightly detached as I'm only an ex-Dark Angels player, but I hope that the inevitable primaris character ends up being an  Interrogator-Chaplain. With how important they are for the Unforgiven, a (new) named chaplain would make a lot of sense.

Plus, I could use him as conversion fodder. I HATE the standard primaris chaplain.

I'm slightly detached as I'm only an ex-Dark Angels player, but I hope that the inevitable primaris character ends up being an  Interrogator-Chaplain. With how important they are for the Unforgiven, a (new) named chaplain would make a lot of sense.

Plus, I could use him as conversion fodder. I HATE the standard primaris chaplain.

With new crozius, I hope, not a pimp-cane from regular primaris chaplain :D