Rumours of Points changes in Chapter Approved

Black Knight

From the thread over in News and Rumours:

77315995_2670595299665050_46389148225938

The Mani is something most of us predicted when he came out, seems like he is finally going to be an auto include at that price unless they also reduce the Dominus equally. The Armiger reduction is nice but I wonder if it will make any difference at all with any armies, I think I had a Precepter build that might now work as it was 2001pts, need to drag it out of my lists.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I find these changes almost pointless. There was one time that we got across the board great reductions. However most of the time it's like this:

I take an Armiger Warglaive because it's cheaper, But I take 1 or 2 Skorpius and give those saved points right back.

The biggest thing I find here is just simply allowing me to take the Mani when the last army I made I had to drop him for the token HQ tax Enginseer.

Normally I would agree with you on points changes that don't really change much but this one in particular allows me to use a whole new Mechanic in my army without having to drop something else. The 100pts cost was just too much.

The Armiger might be completely meh though but there are rumours of the Gallant being priced higher so that might make it a better choice to take some squires where right now if you have the points you always take the Big guys.

Also heard that they may be changing Canticles to our old rules where you had to have a complete Ad Mech army to get them, so no more mixing. Problem is Canticles are not that great except for cover.

Edited by Black_Knight

Alongside the Manipulus reduction I believe the Skorpius will go up by 10 from another rumour, and that makes sense. I think Skitarii should go down by a point or two aswell to match other troop reductions. If they went down by even a point then that would be 30 points saved on a Bat with 6 x 5 of them. 

I am not sure we will get all the drops that there should be as I think they may leave some of that for the new dex

Black Knight, I agree with you. I think you're right that HQ was way over costed and I stopped using him not only as a result of that, but also the release of the Daedelosus.

I have to say though.. still not agreeing on the Skorpius increase. The indirect variant shines against Primaris and I think that's why people are so hot on them right now. Let's keep in mind most of these 'competitive' uses of Skorpius are a bare bones Admech just to leverage that vehicle. 

GW has admitted they write certain things to fill MUCH needed gaps for certain armies. That intention is lost with allies (as I believe the case is here).

In other words... how can you charge more for a basic vehicle that is still 'bumpable' in CC and useless when it's the only in direct really accessible by this codex?  Then you face Astra, or Tau and it's really borderline useful.

I just got absolutely hammered by Tau. After one round of full on shooting, my opponent saw the range handicap I had and the immense trouble I had doing real damage and ignored them the rest of the game.

I played Necrons and aside from our range being a little more appreciable against them, that opponent also ignored them to no real deteriment to him. 

I really can't agree with that increase from personal testing of this vehicle vs a large variety of opponents.  Especially since Onager Dunecrawlers feel very dated to me right now. D3 shots is immensely frustrating at this point in 8th.

The point drop is on the armigar base body, so that would effect both warglaives and helverins. It was noted in the original thread that this was to bring them in line with the Moriax with has a lower base cost.

Ok just watched Striking Scorpion go through his codex and there's a few more things that have changed. Seems MWG missed a bit got some stuff wrong.

Corpuscarii -2 to 12

Fulgurite -2 to 14

Infiltrators -1 to 11(Ranged weapons cost 0 now too for -3 total)

Ruststalkers -1 to 9

Tech Priest Dominus -10 to 70

No mention of Mani but GW already specifically mentioned him at -25 to 65

Weapons:

Arc Pistol -2 to 1

Phos Blast Pistol -2 to 1

Arc Rifle -2 to 2

Transuranic Arquebus -10 to 12

Flachette Blaster -2 to 0

Stubcarbine - 2 to 0

Heavy Grav Cannon - 6 to 24

Torsion Cannon -5 to 15

Icarus Array -10 to 30

Neutron Laser -10 to 35

Phosphor Serpenta -2 to 2

Knights:

Helverin -15 to 155

Warglave -15 to 145

Gallant +20 to 305

Preceptor -45 to 340

Canix Rex -50 to 400

Edited by Black_Knight

I think he was still sorting it out as he was a point over but these changes should give us all some leeway. I need to see if Gallant is still the best costed or two to three armigers.

Ok just watched

go through his codex and there's a few more things that have changed. Seems MWG missed a bit got some stuff wrong.

Corpuscarii -2 to 12

Fulgurite -2 to 14

Ruststalkers -1 to 9

Weapons:

Arc Pistol -2 to 1

Arc Rifle -2 to 2

Stubcarbine - 2 to 0

Torsion Cannon -5 to 15

Icarus Array -10 to 30

Neutron Laser -10 to 35

Knights:

Helverin -15 to 155

Warglave -15 to 145

Gallant +20 to 305

Preceptor -45 to 340

Canix Rex -50 to 400

Arquebus was 15 from previous CA so is that now -3 to 12?

The TA went to 15 in CA 2018. If youve been playing at 25 youve been doing yourself out of points since it was released.

Its now at 12 so 13pts down from original costing and 3 pts down from CA 2018

Ok just watched

go through his codex and there's a few more things that have changed. Seems MWG missed a bit got some stuff wrong.

Corpuscarii -2 to 12

Fulgurite -2 to 14

Ruststalkers -1 to 9

Weapons:

Arc Pistol -2 to 1

Arc Rifle -2 to 2

Stubcarbine - 2 to 0

Torsion Cannon -5 to 15

Icarus Array -10 to 30

Neutron Laser -10 to 35

Knights:

Helverin -15 to 155

Warglave -15 to 145

Gallant +20 to 305

Preceptor -45 to 340

Canix Rex -50 to 400

Arquebus was 15 from previous CA so is that now -3 to 12?

Interesting,

presuming that this will be accompanied by pts drops for other armies, it'll be interesting to see how much this actually effects stuff competively, 

but from that its looking like I should be saving about 50-60 points from onager/infiltrator/sniper reductions.

The drop on the maniplus is certainly welcome, I still dont think his rules are that useful, but if he ends up a straight swap for an engineseer then fair enough.

So far I'm a little confused by AdMech changes.

Looking over my main armies, Chaos Space marines 'won'. I save 250+ points off my tournament list. My admech save about 30-50 points. 

Eldar and Admech are in a weird spot and share the same types of changes. Most of it is actually wargear. 

The way I look at it so far is if your unit of choice did not go down by approximately 1-2 points per model, then you actually get a stealth nerf.  That is to say if a Chaos space marine went down 2 points, and a Ranger stayed the same, then that's bad news for the Ranger.  (I am surprised they didn't go down a point).

The fact Auras have largely gotten better I'm surprised Cawl's points stayed the same...at least rewrite his aura so that it would work in overwatch. The Admech are so hard up once reached in CC. Cawl is 190. Abaddon is 210 now. 30 points between those guys... to me is ludicrous. Not only is Abaddon a better force multiplier, he would annihilate Cawl in CC. (Same goes for Calgar). I think they missed one there to me anyway.

Wait. They didn’t go over melee weapons, right? Infiltrators are 15 because the Taser Goads cost 4.

Oh. We're talking base cost. Carry on. XD

Striking scorpion skipped over anything that didn't change so no idea on anything he didn't mention.