Rumours of Points changes in Chapter Approved

Black Knight

I think its more likely we get a large spot in the PA series. Possibly against Tau.

BA has datasheets for *all* of the Vanguard Space Marine units printed in Blood of Baal *and* it updated their base Chapter Tactics while adding other army-wide rules like Combat Doctrines.

We'll see the Manipulus, Hover Tanks, Planes and apparently Heavy Skitarii in it along with (hopefully) updated Canticles and perhaps even a "build your own Forge World Dogma" system akin to what the Marine Successors/ Aeldari got.

Personally though I'd rather we get a similar treatment to Chaos, with more strats/ relics/ WLT for the existing Dogmas, rather than a huge choice.... But I do play Mars so I'm Biased ;)

I think its more likely we get a large spot in the PA series. Possibly against Tau.

BA has datasheets for *all* of the Vanguard Space Marine units printed in Blood of Baal *and* it updated their base Chapter Tactics while adding other army-wide rules like Combat Doctrines.

We'll see the Manipulus, Hover Tanks, Planes and apparently Heavy Skitarii in it along with (hopefully) updated Canticles and perhaps even a "build your own Forge World Dogma" system akin to what the Marine Successors/ Aeldari got.

Personally though I'd rather we get a similar treatment to Chaos, with more strats/ relics/ WLT for the existing Dogmas, rather than a huge choice.... But I do play Mars so I'm Biased ;)

I would kinda love it if they merged them all into Canticles.

You can have one per turn (a slightly more flexible tide mechanic like the Deepkin have), Strategem to change or reuse if need be...

But have a choice of dozens. :D

A choice of dozens, but for any given army build, you only need to be aware of a select handful (6-10) of actually useful ones and can forget the rest.

(If this meant Litany of the Electromancer became good, and utterly forgettable outside of situations where it's actually good, all would be well.*)

---

I'd be even happier if they did away with everything that wasn't a strategem-like card or couldn't be covered in full on the unit's datasheets.

That includes putting Warlord Traits, Relics, Canticles and Dogmas as cards.

Stop making me have to cross reference half a dozen bloody books or bits of Battlescribe.

Omniassiah, Machine-God and Motive Force, I am FED UP with endlessly complex, exceptional and highly situational similar-but-not-quite-exactly-analogous rules that almost but don't quite work how you'd expect.

* in contrast to now where it's never good, but I never remember that so I have to have a long convoluted think about it and its stupid setup where it'll almost never apply, and even if it did, it wouldn't be useful enough to be worth the hassle of figuring all that out again. It's such a fun name for a rule though!!

Edited by Xisor

So far I'm a little confused by AdMech changes.

Looking over my main armies, Chaos Space marines 'won'. I save 250+ points off my tournament list. My admech save about 30-50 points. 

Eldar and Admech are in a weird spot and share the same types of changes. Most of it is actually wargear.

I'd say AdMech was mostly hit by the bare minimum of "blanket readjustments" - stuff that doesn't match the points of their equivalent in new releases, or in comparison to its in-slot competition.

The arquebus becomes way less impressive with Eliminators as competition - before, it was ridiculously powerful compared to the S4 AP0 1D sniper rifles.

Dominus gets cheaper like most HQs do, since snipers are more a thing than before - killing them in one turn went from "not going to happen" to "If you want to, sure".

Low-grade skitarii sidearms went down 2p, probably since they replace the (usually much better) stock gun.

Grav/Torsion are in most cases inferior to the corresponding other option, no reason to be that expensive.

All in all, with a few exceptions (like Mars Infiltrators) not much happened, and AdMech remains as "uncompetitive" in comparison to the power creeping factions, as they have been for quite a while. I do hope that GW has a new release wave/codex on the way and doesn't want to make stuff OP when the buffs hit (and increase points again, which they only do in extreme situations), which would explain the lack of re-balancing. The other option would be that they have forgotten AdMech in the light of their newer factions, let's hope this is not the case...

So far I'm a little confused by AdMech changes.

Looking over my main armies, Chaos Space marines 'won'. I save 250+ points off my tournament list. My admech save about 30-50 points. 

Eldar and Admech are in a weird spot and share the same types of changes. Most of it is actually wargear.

I'd say AdMech was mostly hit by the bare minimum of "blanket readjustments" - stuff that doesn't match the points of their equivalent in new releases, or in comparison to its in-slot competition.

The arquebus becomes way less impressive with Eliminators as competition - before, it was ridiculously powerful compared to the S4 AP0 1D sniper rifles.

Dominus gets cheaper like most HQs do, since snipers are more a thing than before - killing them in one turn went from "not going to happen" to "If you want to, sure".

Low-grade skitarii sidearms went down 2p, probably since they replace the (usually much better) stock gun.

Grav/Torsion are in most cases inferior to the corresponding other option, no reason to be that expensive.

All in all, with a few exceptions (like Mars Infiltrators) not much happened, and AdMech remains as "uncompetitive" in comparison to the power creeping factions, as they have been for quite a while. I do hope that GW has a new release wave/codex on the way and doesn't want to make stuff OP when the buffs hit (and increase points again, which they only do in extreme situations), which would explain the lack of re-balancing. The other option would be that they have forgotten AdMech in the light of their newer factions, let's hope this is not the case...

All in all I tend to agree with you. We've seen some ok points reduction (for my list anyway), but it's nothing to shout home about compared to some of the other armies.

After booting up the latest update on battlescribe I've saved about 70 points in my list (i run triple onagers, 2 dominus and 3 infiltrator squads though..so realise im probably in the minority when it comes to saving that much).

Although eliminators do it better..cheaper arqebus is still welcome (i run 6), and Arc rifles for 2pts a pop now seems like a good steal for me, my 5 man plasma vanguard squads are now 9 men dual arc rifle squads. They footslog anyway so the 24" range on the arc and the extra bodies seems like a nice way to go.

Dominus being cheaper is welcome and I feel less bad for taking two. Points saved have let me upgrade an engineseer to daedolus.

Updated list is below for those interested:

1999 pts

Battalion 1

- Stygies

- Servitor Maniple

- Extra Relic

- Field Commander 

Tech Priest Dominus - Eradication Ray, Macrostubber, Warlord, Prime Hermeticon, Anzions psuedogenetor

Tech Priest Dominus - Volkite Blaster, Macrostubber, Field Commander, Servitor Shenanigans , Autocadeus of arkhan land 

Breachers x6 - Arc Rifle, Hydraulic Claw

Breachers x6 - Arc Rifle, Hydraulic Claw

Vanguard x9 - Arc Rifle x2, Enhanced Data tether

Vanguard x9 - Arc Rifle x2, Enhanced Data tether

Fulgurite Electropriests x10

Servitors x4

Servitors x4

Onager Dunecrawler - Cognis Stubber, Neutron Laser w/Stubber

Skorpius Dunerider 

Battlion 2